Escape to Paradise: Green Hill Resort, Matheran's Hidden Gem

Green Hill Resort Matheran India

Green Hill Resort Matheran India

Escape to Paradise: Green Hill Resort, Matheran's Hidden Gem

Escape to Paradise: Green Hill Resort - A Matheran Adventure (with all the messy details!)

Okay, buckle up buttercups! Because I just got back from a whirlwind trip to Escape to Paradise: Green Hill Resort in Matheran, and let me tell you, it's a whole experience. Forget those perfectly curated Instagram feeds, I'm diving headfirst into the real, messy, and wonderfully imperfect details you actually want to know. This isn’t just a review; it's a raw, unfiltered look at a hidden gem, warts and all. (And frankly, there weren’t too many warts!)

First Impressions & Accessibility (or lack thereof… a bit of a climb… and a hidden gem!)

Matheran, bless its Victorian-era heart, is car-free. This is a huge plus for peace and quiet, but for accessibility… well, let's just say it's a bit challenging. Getting to the resort involves a ride to the base of the hill, then either a hike up, a precarious horseback ride (I opted out – my knees are not what they used to be!), or a hired porter carrying your luggage (that’s what I did). The resort itself, however, seemed to have some facilities for disabled guests – listed under Services and conveniences and Facilities for disabled guests, but due to the initial climb, I would highly recommend contacting the resort directly to discuss this if it's a major concern for you. I’d rate the initial access difficulty a solid 7/10 for anyone with mobility issues. Otherwise? A fantastic adventure!

The Room: My Sanctuary (with a few quirks!)

Okay, the room! I opted for a room with all the amenities – you know, the works! Air conditioning (thank GOD, although Matheran's generally cool!), Free Wi-Fi (bless the internet gods!), a comfortable bed, a mini-bar (always a temptation!), and a private bathroom with a shower (though I would have loved a bathtub, but hey, can’t win them all!). They also had a safe box (for my valuables), a seating area, and a desk, which I barely used, because well… vacation! The blackout curtains were a godsend, as was the soundproofing – it was blissfully quiet! Daily housekeeping meant a fresh room all the time, which I loved, and there was a coffee/tea maker which I used every single morning.

But here's the thing: There wasn't an additional toilet, which would have been amazing… and the mirror felt a bit… distant. And I wasn't keen on the carpeting, especially as I like to move around without slippers. But overall, it was cozy, clean, and perfect for escaping the hustle and bustle of city life.

The Dining Experience: Food Coma Incoming!

Oh. My. Goodness. The food! Let’s just say I might have gained a few pounds. The options were plentiful.

  • Restaurants: There are several restaurants on-site!
  • Asian Cuisine: The Asian breakfast, the curries in general, were so delicious. They’re not kidding when they say it’s there.
  • Western Cuisine: I indulged in some Western-style breakfasts, too… the omelettes were perfect!
  • Breakfast [Buffet]: A buffet breakfast is available, complete with coffee/tea in restaurant!
  • Lunch & Dinner: A la carte, the soup in restaurant and the salad in restaurant were fantastic options.
  • Desserts: I might have gone overboard with the desserts… they were irresistible!
  • Poolside Bar: They had a bar! Happy hour! Need I say more?

The buffet in restaurant was a feast for the eyes (and stomach!). They had a huge selection of both vegetarian restaurant and non-vegetarian options. There were even alternative meal arrangements – perfect for my slightly fussy friend!

The only slight downside? Sometimes it felt a little crowded, but that's a small price to pay for such deliciousness!

Things To Do (and Ways to Relax): The Ultimate R&R

Matheran is all about the views and the peace, but the resort adds another layer to the experience. Okay, here's the rundown:

  • The Spa: The spa! Yes! They offer massage, Body scrub, Body wrap, and all the usual pampering. I didn't spend as much time there as I wanted (damn you, time!), but the massage was heavenly. Seriously, if you're stressed, book a treatment. Do it!
  • The Pool: The Swimming pool [outdoor]! With a view! The perfect place to chill and soak up the sun. I spent a lot of time here.
  • Fitness Center: I intended to use the Fitness center, but… well you know how it goes. Maybe next time!
  • Sauna/Steamroom: Spa/sauna is a must!

Cleanliness and Safety: Peace of Mind

I'm a bit of a germaphobe, so this was important to me. I was thrilled to see the measures they'd taken.

  • Anti-viral cleaning products were used, which is a huge plus.
  • Daily disinfection in common areas was happening constantly.
  • Hand sanitizer was everywhere.
  • Staff trained in safety protocol.
  • Rooms sanitized between stays.
  • They even had doctor/nurse on call – just in case.
  • Physical distancing of at least 1 meter was in place in all dining areas, although not always perfectly adhered to by other guests.
  • Cashless payment service.
  • Sterilizing equipment was present.
  • Overall, I felt very safe and secure.

Stuff I Loved (and a few things I’d change)

  • The Views: The views from the resort are stunning. Seriously, breathtaking.
  • The Staff: Friendly, helpful, and always ready with a smile.
  • The Peace: It's a world away from the city chaos.
  • The Food: Need I say more?

Things That Could Be Better:

  • The initial transport to the resort. It’s challenging for those who aren’t as mobile.

The Bottom Line: Should You Go?

YES! Absolutely! Escape to Paradise: Green Hill Resort is a fantastic choice for a relaxing getaway. It's the perfect place to recharge, reconnect with nature, and indulge in some serious pampering. Book it, and get ready for an adventure!

SEO Keywords: Escape to Paradise Matheran, Green Hill Resort Review, Matheran Resort, Best Resort Matheran, Matheran Spa, Matheran Hotel, Accessible Resort Matheran, Family-Friendly resort Matheran, Matheran Weekend Getaway. Matheran travel, spa in Matheran

Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: The Grand Jabalpur Hotel - Your Indian Dream Getaway

Book Now

Green Hill Resort Matheran India

Green Hill Resort Matheran India

Okay, buckle up buttercups! This isn't your sanitized, airbrushed itinerary. This is a Matheran adventure, unfiltered and probably slightly chaotic. Green Hill Resort, here we come…but let's be honest, I'm more excited about the getting there than the luxury. (Though, let's see if the luxury lives up to the hype, eh?)

Matheran Mayhem: A Green Hill Resort Reckoning (and a Few Hiccups)

Day 1: The Escape from Reality (and the Search for the Perfect Samosa)

  • 7:00 AM - The Great Packing Panic: Okay, so I thought I was organized. Apparently, "organized" means "rummaged through my closet five times before throwing everything in a duffel bag." Sunscreen? Check. Bug spray? Praying hard. My camera? Important, because if it doesn't go on Instagram, did it even happen? Snacks? (Essential. Because hangry travel disasters are a real thing.)
  • 8:00 AM - Mumbai to Neral by road (hopefully, not traffic): The dreaded traffic is upon us. This is where I try to be optimistic, and think of this journey as an opportunity for some soul searching. But the Mumbai roads don't permit much soul searching. The traffic is an affront to humankind. I am already regretting my impulsive decision to pack that extra pair of shoes. This is where I would read a newspaper… if I still bought newspapers, which I don't.
  • 9:30 AM - Train to Matheran: Okay, the toy train. The Toy Train!! This is what I'm most excited about. (Okay, and maybe the promise of a clean, non-smelly toilet at the resort.) I've heard it's charming, slow, and scenic. Also, prone to delays, so… let's see. (An hour turned into two. The train was a bit cramped, and some guy kept loudly chewing betel nut. Scenic, though. Absolutely scenic.)
  • 11:30 AM - The Samosa Saga: Arrival at Matheran. The air smells of… well, fresh air! And the promise of adventure! Now, I'm on a relentless quest for the perfect samosa. It's a serious mission. I'm asking every local, every shop owner… the search begins! This is where I saw this amazing little stall. I grabbed a samosa, and it was glorious! Crispy, spicy, everything! It was heavenly!
  • 12:30 PM - Horseback Riding (or, the Great Equestrian Debacle): Ah, yes. The horses. I envisioned myself as a rugged explorer, galloping majestically through the hills. Reality? A slightly wobbly, mildly terrified tourist clinging to a horse named… something utterly unmemorable. (I blame the dust and the wind, and probably my own balance.) My horse was a bit of a drama queen. Every slight incline was apparently the end of the world. But the views? Worth every bump and jolt.
  • 2:00 PM - Check-In and Resort Reality Check: Green Hill Resort. The photos online looked idyllic. Let's see if reality matches the Instagram filter. (It did! A bit more rustic than I expected, but the view from my room? Unbelievable!)
  • 2:30 - 4:00 pm - Lunch and a Nap (because vacation): Buffet time! I swear, I ate enough food to fuel a small army. I am already thinking of a nap.
  • 4:00 - 6:30 pm - Sunset Point Pilgrimage: The sunset points are a must-do. I'm expecting crowds, Instagrammers doing their thing. (Me included, naturally). It's all worth it. The sunset itself was the most spectacular thing! The sky ablaze with colors! Even the crowds felt…okay. I got a pretty amazing picture for my Instagram.
  • 7:00 PM - Dinner and Starry Nights: Dinner at the resort. Hopefully, the dal makhani is as good as it sounds. I also hope the stars are visible. Crossing fingers.

Day 2: Nature's Embrace (and My Own Mental Drama)

  • 7:00 AM - Wake-Up Call (aka, the alarm that didn't go off): Okay, so I missed the sunrise. Blame the comfy bed. (No regrets.)
  • 8:00 AM - Breakfast and a Hike (a slightly ambitious, post-samosa hike): Breakfast was fuel-up time! My plan was a relatively ambitious hike to some viewpoint with a name I’ve already forgotten. The walk was lovely! The air was crisp, the trees were towering, and I got really, really lost. I may have asked a monkey for directions. (He wasn't very helpful.)
  • 11:00 AM - The Echo Point Spectacle: Echo Point! Where you can shout and hear your own words bounce back. (And where a million other people are shouting too.) It's a bit of a free-for-all. I tried to be clever. I asked the hills if they like me. They did not reply.
  • 12:00 PM - Lunch and Resort Exploration: Back to the resort for lunch and some much-needed relaxation. Maybe a dip in the pool? (If I can find it.)
  • 2:00 PM - Shopping Spree (and Bargaining Battle): The local market! I'm on the hunt for souvenirs. I'm a terrible bargainer. This is where the vendors will know me for sure.
  • 4:00 PM - Sunset Viewing (Take Two) and Reflection: Another attempt at a sunset, this time with my travel journal, and a good dose of self-reflection. Do I need to calm down? Are vacations even meant to be relaxing? (The answer is yes, and also… no.)
  • 7:00 PM - Farewell Dinner (and Maybe a Late-Night Samosa Run?): One last delicious meal. Also, the secret search for a late-night samosa, if I can find one.

Day 3: Goodbye, Mountains! (and the Quest for the Perfect Taxi)

  • 8:00 AM - Breakfast and Last Walks: One last beautiful breakfast view! A few last walks around the resort. Say goodbye to the serenity, while also attempting to find my shoes.
  • 9:00 AM - Train Back to Neral: The Toy Train again! Fingers crossed for better luck with the betel nut chewers, and fewer delays.
  • 11:00 AM - Taxi - The Great Taxi Negotiation: This is the worst part. I hate haggling over taxi fares.
  • 12:00 AM - Back to Mumbai: Back to the chaos where it all began.

Overall, this might not be perfect. I'm okay with that. The memories, the hiccups, the samosas… that's what makes a trip a story. And this Matheran trip? It's going to be a story. (And I'm already planning my next adventure!)

Uncover Tbilisi's Hidden Gem: An Old Town Oasis You Won't Believe Exists

Book Now

Green Hill Resort Matheran India

Green Hill Resort Matheran IndiaOkay, buckle up buttercups, because you're about to dive headfirst into my (probably slightly over-enthusiastic) review of Escape to Paradise: Green Hill Resort, Matheran. I'm going to be brutally honest, my memory's a bit of a sieve, and my opinions are... well, let's just say they're plentiful. Prepare for a rollercoaster of a read. Here we go:

Escape to Paradise: Green Hill Resort - My Brain Dump FAQ

1. Right off the bat: Is "Escape to Paradise" a *lie*?! (And is Green Hill actually *green*?)

Okay, so the name... bit of a stretch, maybe? "Paradise" is subjective, right? I mean, my idea of paradise involves a bottomless margarita and zero mosquitos. Did Green Hill deliver? Well... let's just say it's *more* paradise than my apartment when the laundry pile reaches Everest-level heights.  The "Green Hill" part? DEFINITELY. Lush, verdant, and Instagram-worthy. Think rolling hills, dense foliage... the kind of green that makes you feel instantly calmer (until the next mosquito bite).

2. The Rooms: Did you actually sleep? Or was it a mosquito-infested nightmare?

Alright, the room situation. I'm not going to sugarcoat it. The rooms were... rustic. Think "charming" if you're feeling generous and "slightly dated" if you're being honest. I'm pretty sure the AC was older than my grandma. Seriously. And the mosquitos… OH. MY. GOD. They were relentless. Bring industrial-strength bug spray. Seriously. Stock up. I was swatting away at 3 am, cursing my lack of planning. But, the bed was comfortable, at least. And the view from my room? Actually, pretty damn good. So… mixed bag.

3. The Food! Crucial question. Because you're clearly a foodie, right? (And did you find the food?)

Food... ugh. That's where things got a little... dicey. Look. I love food. I *live* for food. And, well, the food at the resort was... consistent. That's the best way I can put it. Mostly Indian, pretty standard fare. The breakfast buffet was alright, but nothing to write home about. The dinner buffet... okay, let me be honest. There was a particularly bland dal that haunted my dreams for a week. But! There was one brilliant dish. I think it was chicken tikka masala. It was so good, I practically inhaled it. I may have gone back for seconds. And thirds. Don't judge me!

4. What's the vibe? Is it a couples retreat, a family free-for-all, or what?

The vibe? Very… laid-back. Which is nice! But if you're looking for wild nightlife or a bustling social scene, you're in the wrong place. Mostly families and couples, it seemed. Lots of kids running around (which, as a single person, I always find both endearing and slightly annoying, depending on how close they are to *my* quiet time). I'd say it's perfect if you're looking to escape the city grind and actually RELAX. Just don't expect any raves.

5. Activities! Did you, you know, *do* anything? Besides swat mosquitos and eat slightly-bland dal?

Okay, Matheran itself is the attraction. I mean, Green Hill Resort is a base from which to *experience* Matheran.. And Matheran? It's pretty magical. The toy train ride up to the hill station is a blast – if you can get a ticket; book in advance. Otherwise, you'll have to walk, or hire a rickshaw. The views from the various "points" are breathtaking... especially after a long, sweaty hike. I did a little bit of hiking (my legs are still screaming). Went to Panorama Point – amazing. Echo Point – mostly just echoed the sounds of other tourists yelling. Basically, lots of walking, lots of scenery, and a whole lot of fresh air to clear my head.

6. The Pool! Was it a shimmering oasis of bliss, or a murky puddle of disappointment?

Okay, the pool. This is where my emotional response gets *slightly* more intense. The pool *looked* inviting. It was there. I saw it. But. And this is a big BUT. It was freezing. Freezing cold. I dipped a toe in, and let me tell you, my toes haven't forgiven me to this day. I lasted approximately 30 seconds before retreating back to my room to warm up with a blanket and some of the leftover chicken tikka masala (it was good, okay?!). So, the pool gets a solid "meh". Could’ve been better. Way better. In fact, I dreamt of a hot tub for the rest of the trip.

7. Service: Were the staff helpful? (And could they understand your frantic hand gestures?)

The staff were, on the whole, lovely. Attentive. Always smiling. They try their best. Sometimes, there was a bit of a language barrier, which led to some… interesting… interactions. Like the time I tried to explain that my mosquito net had a hole in it. I think they thought I was requesting a new bed sheet. But hey, they were trying! And the small glitches didn't spoil the overall experience. They were genuinely trying to make everyone comfortable. And that counts for a lot.

8. Value for Money: Did you feel ripped off? Or did it feel like a good deal?

Pricing... hmm. Look, it's not the cheapest place in the world. It's not the most expensive either. For what you get – a comfortable (ish) stay, decent food (with one brilliant dish!), and access to the beauty of Matheran? I'd say it's... okay. I wouldn't necessarily call it a *bargain*, but I didn't feel completely robbed. But I would totally have felt less robbed if the pool had been heated!

9. The Verdict: Would you go back? (And will you warn us about the dal?)

Would I go back? Honestly… maybeCozy Stay Spot

Green Hill Resort Matheran India

Green Hill Resort Matheran India

Green Hill Resort Matheran India

Green Hill Resort Matheran India