Cluj's BEST Kept Secret? This Hotel Will BLOW Your Mind!
Cluj's BEST Kept Secret? THIS Hotel? Oh My GOD. (And Why You NEED to Book Right Now)
Okay, okay, I've been to a LOT of hotels. Like, more than I care to admit. And let me tell you, most of them are… well, meh. Predictable. Bland. Forgettable. But then… then I stumble upon Cluj's BEST Kept Secret? This Hotel Will BLOW Your Mind!, and suddenly, my entire hotel-going existence is re-evaluated. Seriously. This place. Wow.
Let's just dive right in, shall we? I'm not going to lie, I'm still reeling from it. (And yes, I took notes, but honestly, the experience was so overwhelming, my writing is probably going to be a bit…scattered. Bear with me.)
First Impression: Mind. BLOWN.
Okay, so I’m a bit of a nervous traveler. I’m always worried about the stuff. You know, the accessibility stuff? I need to know I can get there easily. Thankfully, this place is a godsend. They've got all the accessibility bases covered: Wheelchair accessible? Absolutely. Elevator? Yep. And the best part? The entire vibe is just… calm. No frantic rushes, no feeling like you're an afterthought. Just smooth, easy… bliss. Seriously.
The Room: My Own Little Fortress of Awesome
Okay, the room. Let's talk about the room. First of all, I need my Wi-Fi [free] and boy did I get it, not just in the room but in all the public areas too!. That's a huge plus. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms is a must-have these days. I also appreciate the little things… slippers, bathrobes, complimentary tea, and free bottled water. That's just the beginning. I had a laptop workspace, which I really needed, and that desk was amazing because I need a good spot for my creative shenanigans. They had air conditioning and blackout curtains - essential for a good night's sleep after a long day of exploring (wake-up service too, just in case!). And the bathroom? Forget about it. Bathtub, separate shower/bathtub, and seriously good toiletries. I'm a sucker for good toiletries. And the soundproof rooms? Pure magic. You could hear a pin drop (or not, because, soundproof!).
CLEANLINESS & SAFETY: More Than Just a Checkbox
Okay, let's get real. We're all thinking about it. COVID. Safety. This hotel? They get it. They're serious about cleanliness and safety. I saw the staff being trained in safety protocol. They had hand sanitizer everywhere, and I mean everywhere. The daily disinfection in common areas was noticeable, and they used anti-viral cleaning products. The room sanitization opt-out available shows you they also respect your choices. They had Cashless payment service, which I value. And the Individual-wrapped food options made me feel safe. They had doctor/nurse on call, first aid kit, safe dining setup.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Food Glorious Food!
Now, usually, hotel food is… well, you know. But this? This was an experience. Let me tell you about the breakfast. Breakfast [buffet]? Yes, please. But they also offer breakfast in room, which is a lifesaver if you just want to be left alone with your coffee and croissants. The Asian breakfast hit the spot. I'm not kidding when I say the Asian cuisine in restaurant was like a flavor explosion in my mouth. The thing is, they also offer, western breakfast and western cuisine in restaurant, and international cuisine .
And the other options were there for you as the Happy hour, Coffee/tea in restaurant and coffee shop.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: My Personal Oasis
Okay, I'm going to be honest. I didn't do everything. I wasn't there long enough. But the Fitness center? Nice. The pool with a view? Spectacular. I’m a sucker for a good sauna and spa, so I spent a lot of time there. I didn't get a Body scrub or body wrap but… next time. Honestly, I wished I made more time to take advantage of the steam room, the foot bath, they sounded amazing.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter
They had a daily housekeeping - big thumbs up. Laundry service? Saved my life. Concierge? Super helpful with recommendations. Car park [free of charge] is awesome because dealing with parking in a city is the worst.
For the Kids?
They have babysitting service, and they are family/child friendly.
Getting Around:
Airport transfer, taxi service are great.
So, WHY Book? Seriously, Just Do It.
Look, I'm not one for hyperbole. But this hotel… this hotel is different. It's not just a place to sleep; it's an experience. It's a sanctuary. It’s a place where you can actually relax and recharge. It's a place where the staff genuinely cares. And honestly? After the year we've all had, that's priceless.
Here's my pitch:
Tired of the "same old, same old"? Craving an escape?
Then, Cluj's BEST Kept Secret? This Hotel Will BLOW Your Mind! is calling your name.
Here's what you get:
- Unparalleled comfort and design: Rooms that are havens of relaxation, with every detail carefully considered.
- Culinary adventures: From exquisite breakfasts!
- Serenity and rejuvenation: The perfect blend of activities and relaxation to soothe your soul.
- Unbeatable location: Easy to access, with everything Cluj has to offer right at your doorstep.
- Peace of mind regarding safety and cleanliness: They take your wellbeing super seriously.
For a limited time, book your stay and receive:
- A complimentary welcome drink at the bar.
- A voucher for a free spa experience.
- And I'm telling you, it's worth it.
Don't wait. This hidden gem won't stay a secret forever!
Click the link below to book your escape and prepare to have your mind blown.
Jeju TheHouse Pension: Your Dream Jeju Island Getaway Awaits!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the glorious, slightly chaotic mess that is my potential trip to the BRILIANT HOTEL in Cluj-Napoca, Romania. This ain't your meticulously planned travel brochure, this is a real-life, probably-screwed-up-at-some-point, heartfelt adventure.
Day 1: Arrival and the Romanian Warm Embrace (or Maybe Just the Hotel Lobby)
- Morning (or, like, late morning, cause jet lag is a BITCH): Arrive at Cluj-Napoca International Airport. Pray to the travel gods my luggage hasn't taken a scenic route to Iceland. The sheer potential for lost luggage fills me with dread. Actually, probably more like intense irritation if it happens. I'm a packing master (read: I overpack to an embarrassing degree).
- Getting to the BRILIANT: Taxi? Uber? Honestly, whatever's easiest. I saw a YouTube video where the driver was hilarious. I hope I get that guy. Let's be real though, I'll probably stumble out of the airport like a confused tourist sheep, clutching my phone like a lifeline.
- Afternoon: Hotel Check-In and the First Impression: The BRILIANT Hotel! Alright, let's see if it lives up to the pictures. I'm secretly hoping for a room with a balcony. A balcony is a must. I crave a balcony to sip a Romanian plum brandy (palinka, I think it's called?) and judge the other tourists. (Just kidding… mostly). Okay, the lobby. First impressions are EVERYTHING, right? I'll probably be so tired I'll forget everything initially and just focus on getting to my room!
- Evening: Exploring (And Possibly Getting Lost): Okay, deep breaths. I'm going to venture forth! First, I'll try to find a decent restaurant. I've read about some amazing traditional Romanian places. Hopefully, I won’t end up in a dodgy kebab shop. I'll try my best to ask for a recommendation from the hotel staff, who hopefully speak English. Wandering around is half the fun, right? I'll get lost, then probably feel ashamed for not knowing the language, then get back on track with a well-earned cold beer. Then, maybe a long shower.
Day 2: Cluj-Napoca's Charm and a Potential Existential Crisis
- Morning: The City Sights! (And The Tourist Trap Avoidance Game): Okay, a strategic morning. Time to see the main sites! The Unirii Square is a given, I think. And St. Michael's Church. I'll try to find it without looking like a total lost puppy. I'm determined to avoid the most overtly touristy stuff. I don't want to feel like I'm just ticking boxes. I want to feel something. Maybe a moment of profound clarity or a deep appreciation for cobbled streets.
- Lunch: Where's That Authentic Food? (I Hope it Isn't Tripe): Romanian food! The promise of grilled meat, hearty stews, and something called sarmale has me salivating. But, I'm secretly terrified of accidentally ordering something weird like fermented horse milk (okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit). I'll cross my fingers and hope for the best.
- Afternoon: The National Museum of Art (Or, Will I Get Bored?): Museums can be hit or miss. I love art, but I also have a limited attention span. If I get bored, I'll fake a cough and sneak off to find coffee. I'd rather be lost in a coffee shop than a museum.
- Evening: A Romantic Dinner (Solo Edition): Dinner tonight is all about me! I'm going to dress up, order something delicious, and people-watch. I will embrace my inner loner and have a brilliant time.
Day 3: Transylvanian Adventures! (With a Healthy Dose of Skepticism)
- Morning: Day Trip to Sighisoara: Sighisoara, the birthplace of Vlad the Impaler! Alright, alright… I get it, it’s cool. But I'm not a huge horror fanatic or anything. More curiosity than anything else. I'm preparing myself for a slight tourist overload. I'll spend some time and try to find something interesting.
- Lunch: Sighisoara Cuisine (Maybe It Doesn't Involve Stakes): I have to find somewhere to eat. What does Sighisoara have cuisine-wise?
- Afternoon: Sighisoara Fortress Exploration (And Imagining I'm in a Fairytale): I'll try to use my imagination and see it like I'm walking a medieval movie set.
- Evening: Back to Cluj-Napoca (Exhausted but Exhilarated): After the Day Trip, back to the Hotel! If I manage to last I'm going to sleep the best sleep.
Day 4: Relax, Recharge, and Maybe Learn a Romanian Curse Word
- Morning: Sleep In (Hallelujah!): This is crucial. I'm going to order breakfast in bed (if the hotel has it) and feel no guilt about it. The most important thing to do is stay in bed!
- Afternoon: Spa Time (If There Is One): Maybe the BRILIANT has a spa? A massage is exactly what I need for all the walking. I'll then spend some time just chilling, reading a book, and avoiding all human contact.
- Evening: Farewell Feast (And Maybe a Few Tears): One last hurrah! I'll find a fantastic restaurant (maybe one I missed the first time). I will order all the food and order all the drinks. The trip is almost over!
Day 5: Departure (With a Heavy Heart and a Slightly Lighter Wallet)
- Morning: Last Breakfast and the Goodbye: One last glance at the balcony. One last deep breath of Romanian air. One last attempt to cram everything into my suitcase.
- Departure: Farewell, Cluj-Napoca! I'll leave with a mixture of sadness and relief. Excited to be home. But I'll know that I am going to wish I was back in Romania.
The Unforeseen (And Pretty Much Guaranteed) Imperfections and Quirks:
- Lost in Translation: I'm terrible at languages. I'll probably embarrass myself at some point.
- Food Fiascos: I will attempt to eat something I can't pronounce. And might regret it.
- Minor Meltdowns: I might have a moment where I'm overwhelmed. Everyone does.
- The Unexpected: Things will go wrong! Trains will be delayed. Restaurants will be closed. I'll probably drop my phone. And that's okay.
This is the plan. Subject to change. Likely to go horribly wrong. But that's exactly what makes it an adventure. Wish me luck, and if you see me, please say hello. I might need a friend (or a map).
Escape to Holland, MI: Baymont by Wyndham's Unbeatable Deals!
Cluj-Napoca's BEST Kept Secret? Oh. My. God. (And Other Questions You Probably Have)
Okay, spill. What *is* this "best kept secret" anyway? And is it REALLY that good?
So, what's the big deal with the architecture? It can't *just* be pretty, right?
Alright, alright, architecture is cool and everything, but what about the *service*? Is it all style, no substance?
The food! Tell me about the food! Because let's be honest, a beautiful hotel can be ruined by bad food.
What about the rooms? Are they as amazing as they sound?
What's the vibe? Is it stuffy, or can you actually relax?
Is there anything you *didn't* like? Be honest!
So, is it really the "best kept secret"? Should I book it?

