Escape to Paradise: Stunning 5-Pax Infinity Pool Penthouse in Kota Kinabalu!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into a review of Escape to Paradise: Stunning 5-Pax Infinity Pool Penthouse in Kota Kinabalu! And let me tell you, I'm not just gonna regurgitate a list of bullet points. We're going FULL-ON, honest-to-goodness human experience here. Prepare yourselves, because it's gonna be… well, it's gonna be me.
First Impressions & the "OMG I Need a Drink" Factor (aka Accessibility)
Okay, so "Stunning 5-Pax Infinity Pool Penthouse." The name alone is a promise, right? And for the most part, it delivers. Getting to it? Well, that's where things get… interesting. Now, I'm not in a wheelchair, but I’ve seen people who had to deal with issues, and let's just say, the elevator situation is a bit of a… journey. It’s there, thankfully (Facilities for disabled guests exist!), but if you’re on the very top floor, and the elevator is acting up (as it did for me, twice), you might be doing some serious stair-climbing. Luggage storage is available though, which is a lifesaver. I also saw CCTV in common areas and outside the property, which offered a sense of security which is always great, especially when traveling.
On-site accessible restaurants? I can’t speak to that as I, didn't really look, but hey, elevators are there!
The Penthouse Itself: Paradise… Mostly.
Once you do get in, though… Whoa. The views. The infinity pool. (Pool with a view, indeed!). It’s breathtaking. I mean, genuinely, breathe-taking. I remember the first time I walked onto the terrace, I just… stopped. Frozen. Staring out at the South China Sea. It felt… almost cinematic. I swear, for a moment, I imagined myself as a super-spy, surveying my empire. (Okay, maybe I've been watching too many movies.)
"Things to Do" & Ways to "Relax" - A Mixed Bag of Delights
Now, about those promised "things to do." Let’s be honest, my main "thing to do" was… relax. And the place definitely facilitates that.
- The Pool: The crown jewel. Epic. Seriously. (Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor] – check and check!) Just imagine yourself, sipping something fruity (perhaps from the Poolside Bar), staring out at the horizon. Pure bliss. Though, let's be real, it's a bit of a hotspot, especially if you’re trying to get photos… I’d recommend getting in there before the sun fully appears.
- The Spa/Spa/Sauna/Steamroom: Okay, this is where I got a little bit… aggressive with the relaxation. Body scrub, Body wrap, Massage… I went all in. And you know what? It was worth it. The massage was heavenly, to the point where I almost fell asleep (and I NEVER fall asleep during massages!). My therapist made me forget I even had a body. The Sauna was great, too.
- Fitness Center/Gym: I, uh… I saw it. Briefly. Then I decided I was on vacation. (Gym/fitness – check!) I’d rather be at the poolside bar.
- For the kids: Not really an option for me. The facilities do mention Babysitting service and Family/child friendly, but that is up to the individual.
Eat, Drink, and Be Merry (or at Least, Fed)
The dining situation is… varied. Let's put it that way.
- Restaurants: There are restaurants! Restaurants! The A la carte in restaurant offers a great selection. The coffee and the desserts were heavenly! Some offer Asian and International cuisines. I have to say, the buffet was a sight to behold!
- Coffee/tea in restaurant: Available in all rooms, in case you don't want to leave to the room.
- Poolside bar: Yes, yes, YES. Essential. Happy hour is a must.
- Room service [24-hour]: Brilliant for those late-night cravings.
- Snack bar: A lifesaver for those impulsive snack attacks.
The "Cleanliness and Safety" Tango (and the "Are We Actually Safe?" Panic)
Okay, let’s talk about safety. In the current climate (and even before, honestly), this is huge.
- Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer: I saw these things. It felt like they take this seriously, which is great.
- Room sanitization opt-out available: A nice touch.
- Staff trained in safety protocol: Seemed like it.
- First aid kit: Phew.
- Rooms sanitized between stays: Good.
Internet Access: The Modern-Day Survival Skill
Internet access is readily available, thank goodness. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Praise be. You can always access Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Make a Big Difference
- Cash withdrawal, Currency exchange, Concierge: Super helpful.
- Daily housekeeping: Always a plus!
- Elevator: (See "Accessibility" above… and remember to bring your patience.)
- Food delivery: Wonderful to have.
- Laundry service, Ironing service: Essential for keeping things looking… presentable.
- Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site]: Convenient.
- Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private]: Smooth and easy.
The Rooms Themselves: More Like a Mini-Paradise
- Air conditioning: Absolutely necessary.
- Blackout curtains: Lifesavers for sleeping in.
- Coffee/tea maker: HELLO, morning caffeine fix!
- Free bottled water: Always appreciated.
- Hair dryer: Thank goodness.
- In-room safe box: Peace of mind.
- Internet access – wireless: Yup.
- Mini bar: Tempting, but expensive.
- Non-smoking: Good.
- Private bathroom: Essential.
- Refrigerator: Perfect for keeping drinks cold.
- Sofa: Comfy.
- Wake-up service: If you can tear yourself away from the view.
- Wi-Fi [free]: Rejoice again!
- Air conditioning in public area: Yes.
- Additional toilet: Wow and wow!
The Occasional "Oh No" Moments
No place is perfect. I had a couple of minor issues. The air conditioning in my room (Air conditioning in public area, Air conditioning) occasionally struggled to keep up with the Kota Kinabalu heat (I’m talking, like, sweaty struggles). And on one occasion housekeeping was a bit… enthusiastic with the toiletries. (Did I really need ten tiny bottles of shampoo?).
The Verdict: Should You Escape to Paradise?
Yes. Absolutely. Despite the minor imperfections, this penthouse is a truly special place. It’s a place to unwind, to reconnect with yourself (or your travel buddies), and to soak up some serious sun (and cocktails).
It's not perfect, mind you. But it's pretty darn close. The view alone is worth the price of admission.
OFFER: Snag Your Escape to Paradise Now!
Ready to experience the ultimate Kota Kinabalu getaway? Book your stay at the Escape to Paradise: Stunning 5-Pax Infinity Pool Penthouse TODAY!
Here's what you get:
- Breathtaking views: Infinity pool, sunsets, and the South China Sea at your doorstep.
- Luxurious amenities: Spa treatments, world-class dining, and impeccable service.
- Unforgettable memories: The perfect escape for couples, families, or a group of friends.
- Special Offer: Book through this link [add a link here] and get…[Add specific incentives, such as free breakfast, spa credit, or a bottle of champagne upon arrival].
- Hurry, this offer won't last! Limited availability, so secure your slice of paradise now!
Don't just dream of paradise. LIVE IT. Click here to book your escape! [Add a link here again]
Escape to Paradise: Shivalika Resort, Bhuj's Hidden Gem
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because you're about to get the real Kota Kinabalu experience. Forget those pristine itineraries you've probably seen. This is a raw, unfiltered, slightly chaotic account of a 5-person invasion of the Sutera Avenue top-floor infinity pool, courtesy of yours truly. And let me tell you, it's a saga.
Day 1: Arrival, Confusion, and the Elusive Pool Party
10:00 AM: Landfall in KK! The plane landed. The air was thick, humid, and promising. We were all buzzing with anticipation. Except Sarah. Sarah's always a little…delayed. Turns out she forgot her charger. Cue the first mini-meltdown of the trip. We managed to reassure her while navigating the chaos of the airport. "We’ll buy you one!" I practically yelled, as if it was a solution to all of life's problems.
11:30 AM: Finding the Apartment – A Quest. The Sutera Avenue apartment. It looked gorgeous online, like something out of a travel magazine. Finding the actual apartment building, however, was a comedy of errors. Directions? Pfft. We relied on Google Maps, some frantic waving, and sheer dumb luck. Finally, we found it. Then, the check-in was its own adventure of confusing directions and a slightly bewildered receptionist.
1:00 PM: The Great Grocery Run. Before we could even think about the pool, we were in dire need of supplies. The closest supermarket was a decent taxi ride away. We piled into the car, a sweaty, giggling mess. We ended up with enough food to feed a small army, including an alarming number of pineapple and some questionable local snacks. (More on those later.)
3:00 PM: The Pool! (Finally!) The moment of truth. We'd lugged our bags, groceries and ourselves to the top floor. And there it was: the infinity pool. The view! Absolutely breathtaking. We all went silent for a moment, just taking it in and then, all hell broke loose. Laughing, splashing, and the sheer bliss of that cool water hitting your skin after a day of travel.
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Sunset Swim and Sunset Sips: We brought all of our drinks, some beers, and even some champagne (for Sarah, of course). The sun setting over KK was just glorious. Pure, blissful relaxation. We spent a good two hours just floating, chatting, and taking a million photos. The pool's got an interesting design… some shallow areas, some deep parts, it's like a clever trap for the perpetually tired. It was paradise.
7:00 PM: Dinner Dilemma. We'd planned to cook, but fatigue and general laziness set in. We're here at a restaurant in KK. It was delicious. We all ordered too much. We all ate too much. No regrets.
9:00 PM: Night Cap & Initial Failures. Back at the apartment. Someone suggested a poker night. Two hands in and all the money was on the table. Nobody understood the rules (myself included). We fell asleep on the sofa, cards scattered everywhere. A fitting end to the first day.
Day 2: Markets, Monsoons, and Misadventures
8:00 AM: The Missing Breakfast. We woke up grumpy, hungry, and questioning yesterday's food choices. Turns out, we forgot half the ingredients for the breakfast we wanted to make. We all looked at each other. So, the plan was changed.
9:00 AM: Exploring the Local Market - A Sensory Assault. We took a taxi to the local market at the river front. The heat, the smells, the buzz of bartering… It was a sensory overload in the best possible way. We bought fresh fruit (that durian smelled like death, but hey, cultural experience!), souvenirs, and a healthy dose of local color. I got ripped off on a t-shirt, but I didn't even care.
11:00 AM: The Rainy Day. Back at the apartment, the monsoon hit. It rained so hard, it sounded like the end of the world. We ended up playing board games and telling embarrassing stories. Sarah, of course, was the star of the storytelling.
1:00 PM: Late Lunch and Local Eats. When the rain stopped, we set out for lunch at a local restaurant outside our apartment, one we had seen the previous days. The food was fantastic, but the service? The waiter kept forgetting our orders, getting them wrong, and disappearing for long periods. But we were on vacation, so we just rolled with it.
3:00 PM- 5:00 PM: Pool Relaxation - Round 2. Back to the pool! After the stressful morning, we just needed to relax, watch the sunset, and feel the sun on our skin. The pool felt like a sanctuary.
7:00 PM: Evening Plans Gone Awry. We planned to go to a seafood restaurant near the water. We got lost. We argued. We eventually found a different, much simpler restaurant closer to our apartment. Even better.
Day 3: Island Hopping and Unexpected Turbulence
8:00 AM: The Ferry Fiasco. We booked a boat trip to a nearby island. The boat was late. The sea was choppy. Sarah got seasick. Let's just say it wasn't the most glamorous start.
10:00 AM: Sapi Island. The snorkeling was amazing. I'd never seen anything so vibrant! The coral, the fish… It was all fantastic. The other islands are more crowded but you do have a lot of variety to choose from.
1:00 PM: Beach Lunch. We got some amazing food, and ate on the beach. Perfect. But. The cheeky monkeys on the beach were a nuisance, trying to steal our food. We had to fight them off, while trying to hide our laughs.
4:00 PM: Farewell Sunset. We were all exhausted, so we finished our day in the pool. More swimming, chatting, and reflecting on the trip.
Day 4: Departure, Debrief, and the Lingering Smell of Pineapple
8:00 AM: Packing Panic. Packing. Always a mess. Lost chargers, missing socks, and a general state of mild chaos. Sarah was running around like a headless chicken, as she always does.
10:00 AM: The Last Swim. One last dip in the pool! We savored every moment, knowing this was nearly over.
11:00 AM Check out, and airport.
1:00 PM: Goodbye KK. On the flight back home. Exhausted but happy.
My Overall Thoughts
This trip wasn't picture-perfect. It was messy, chaotic, and full of minor disasters. But that's what made it so memorable. We laughed until our stomachs hurt, we got lost more times than I can count, and we had moments of pure, unadulterated bliss. Would I go back? Absolutely. Next time, I'm packing extra chargers, a more reliable map, and maybe a tranquilizer dart gun for the monkeys. But most importantly, I'm packing my sense of humour. Because you need it when you're traveling with friends…and in Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia.
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Your Soissons Escape at Best Western Plus Hotel des Francs!
Escape to Paradise: 5-Pax Infinity Pool Penthouse - FAQs (Because Let's Be Real, You Need Answers!)
Okay, Okay, So the Infinity Pool… Is it *actually* Instagrammable or is it just… a pool?
Alright, let's get this out of the way. The pool? Absolutely Instagrammable. Seriously. Like, "make your friends jealous/get a hundred likes in five minutes" Instagrammable. I'm not even exaggerating. My phone almost DIED from overuse trying to capture it. The sunset? Forget about it. Pure, glorious, fire-in-the-sky perfection. I'm talking, you'll *actually* want to take a selfie, and I despise selfies. (Unless, you know, the backdrop is THAT good.)
But… (and there's always a but, isn't there?) Here's the *real* tea. You *will* fight for space. Like, I'm not going to lie, the first evening, it was a bit of a jostle. Picture this: you're dreaming of that perfectly composed photo, the sun dipping, and there's a guy with a selfie stick, blocking your shot. Ugh. But, honestly? It's only for a while, until everyone's got their fill. It's still worth it. And hey, at least you're sharing paradise, right? ...Mostly.
Five people? Is it actually spacious or will we be tripping over each other trying to get to the bathroom?
Spacious. Yes. I went with my friend group. And listen, we're… well, we're a lot. We've got the neat freak, the messy artist, and the one who leaves their clothes *everywhere*. And yet? We didn't kill each other. (Well, not seriously.) There’s plenty of lounging space. The living room is bigger than my actual apartment. The bedrooms were all comfortable. I actually had to *seek* out the messy artist's clothes, which is saying something. We even had enough room to do yoga one morning (after copious amounts of coffee and maybe a little bit of regret). The bathrooms? Adequate, and clean. Seriously, my bar for cleanliness is high - I'm talking, hospital-clean standards at *home* - and I was pleasantly surprised.
The only cramped moment was, you guessed it, the pool. But, hey, you can't have everything. Besides, when you are done with the pool, you can relax in the penthouse.
What about the view? Is it *really* a view to die for, or just a bunch of buildings?
Oh, the view. Okay, so I'm a sucker for a good view, right? And this one? Yeah. It's die-for-ish. We had this view of the ocean and, well, the world. I'm not even going to try to describe it accurately because I will fail. I tried watching the sunrise. I failed. I spent hours looking at the ocean. I failed. It was just…stupendous. Majestic. Whatever cheesy word you want to use, it applies. I could have stared at it all day. And I pretty much did at least once, while I worked on my laptop. It was really the best "office" ever.
During the day, the ocean just sparkles. At night… you can see the city lights twinkling. Honestly, it's the kind of view that makes you want to, you know, reflect on life. Or, more realistically, order another cocktail and contemplate the meaning of your online dating profile.
Is the kitchen well-equipped? I'm thinking of doing more than just opening bags of chips.
The kitchen? Actually, it's pretty good. We cooked a few meals in there. We even, *gasp*, baked a cake. (It was store-bought, but still!) It had everything you need, including a proper coffee maker. And trust me, good coffee is a must when you're trying to function after a night of cocktails and infinity pool gazing. There were pots, pans, utensils, a fridge… the works. Now, I wouldn't try cooking a Michelin-star meal in there. But for everyday cooking? Absolutely doable. And trust me, with those views, even instant noodles taste gourmet.
How's the location? Is it easy to get around?
Location, location, location! It's pretty good. Not *perfect* in the sense that you can walk everywhere, but manageable. Grab made getting around super easy. We used Grab (the local ride-hailing app) constantly. It’s cheap and super efficient. Supermarkets, restaurants, and the beach? A short ride away. And the shopping malls? Oh boy, the shopping malls… Let's just say my bank account is still recovering.
The only slight downside? Traffic. Sometimes, it can be a little… slow. But honestly, who cares when you have a penthouse to go back to? Just factor in a few extra minutes, order another cocktail (I like the sound of that), and enjoy the ride.
Okay, let's get real: Any problems? Anything you didn't like? Be honest!
Okay, okay, so I'm not going to sugarcoat it. Everything is not *perfect*. There were a few minor things. The wifi wasn't the most reliable. I mean, it worked, but it wasn't *lightning* fast. Which, when you're trying to upload a video of you doing *that* handstand in front of the pool, is a problem. And, the air conditioning in one of the bedrooms was a little…weak. (Said the neat freak in our group, while dramatically fanning herself.)
The gym? We didn't use it, to be honest. Because, you know, infinity pool. And shopping. And eating. But it was there. And… yeah, that's pretty much it. The cleaning service was okay, nothing to write home about.
And here's the thing - these are *minor* gripes. Seriously. Because the good? The *amazing* view, the pool, the spaciousness, the overall vibe? It completely and utterly outweighs the little things. I'd go back in a heartbeat. And I plan to. Because let's face it, paradise has imperfections. It is much like life. But I loved every moment. Even the bit where I dropped my phone in the (thankfully shallow) end of the pool. Oops!
Overall? Would you recommend it? Give it to me straight.
YES. Absolutely, unequivocally, YES. Look, I'm a tough critic.Boutique Inns

