Gangtok's ESSES House: Luxury Getaway You Won't Believe!

Esses House A Luxury Home Stay Gangtok India

Esses House A Luxury Home Stay Gangtok India

Gangtok's ESSES House: Luxury Getaway You Won't Believe!

ESSES House, Gangtok: My Wild, Wonderful, and Surprisingly Sanitized Himalayan Hideaway! (Or, How I Almost Didn't Leave)

Okay, folks, buckle up. This isn't your sterile, brochure-perfect hotel review. This is me, after a week at the ESSES House in Gangtok, still daydreaming about the momos and the view. Let's be real, I'm already planning my return. And I'm spilling the tea (or, you know, the delicious Darjeeling) on everything.

Accessibility & Safety: A Breath of Fresh, Clean Air (Literally!)

First things first: safety. Because, hello, 2024. ESSES House gets it. They're rocking a serious commitment to cleanliness, making this review essential reading for the cautious traveler.

They’ve got all the usual suspects: hand sanitizer everywhere, staff trained to the gills in safety protocol, daily disinfection in common areas. But here's where it gets good. They use anti-viral cleaning products, professional-grade sanitizing services (you can actually smell the cleanliness – in a good way!), and rooms are sanitized between stays (whew!). And get this? Room sanitization opt-out available! They're not just saying they're clean, they're offering choices. Nice.

Accessibility is… tricky. Look, Gangtok is in the Himalayas. It’s hilly. ESSES House does have an elevator. But navigating the grounds might be a challenge for those with mobility issues. Facilities for disabled guests exist, but it's vital to contact the hotel directly and confirm specific needs. Call ahead!

Internet? (Because We Need it, Even in Paradise)

Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Yay! Honestly, this is a deal-breaker for me because I need to work remotely. Internet access – wireless is available. You can get online in the public areas easily. They also offer Internet [LAN] which is pretty old school, but good for those of us who feel better with a cable. I didn’t actually try the Internet services much because I wanted to be in 'vacation mode' but they were readily available.

Getting Lost in Luxury: Rooms, Views, and Bliss

Okay, let's talk about the rooms. My room? Oh, my room. I’m still having dreams about the bathrobes and the slippers. They’re those fluffy, ridiculously comfortable kind. I spent a solid hour just enjoying the luxury of those things. The blackout curtains were a godsend for sleeping in (and recovering from all that altitude!). I’m a sucker for a good seating area and the one in my room gave me a great view. Complimentary tea in your room? Perfect.

Everything was thoughtfully put together. Non-smoking rooms are a must, and the air conditioning (yes, even in Gangtok!) was a lifesaver on the warmer afternoons . And the extra long bed? Oh my goodness – heaven! I didn’t have to hang my feet off the edge – finally! I’m a pretty big person and that was the highlight of my hotel stay!

Getting Around (and Finding Your Zen): Things to Do & Ways to Relax

This is where ESSES House really shines. Forget generic hotel experiences. This is a place to indulge.

The Spa! Oh, the spa. Let's just say I spent an embarrassing amount of time there. They have a sauna, steamroom, foot bath, massage, and spa! I opted for the works. The body scrub was divine. The body wrap made me feel like a pampered princess. And the massage? I think I actually levitated. It was a total escape. I'm telling you, I felt like a new woman!

They have a fitness center which I totally intended to use. But… there was just so much relaxation to be had. I did, however, sneak a peek at the pool with a view. Honestly, the picture doesn't do it justice. You're literally swimming with the Himalayas in the background. Unreal!

For less decadent relaxation, there were ways to relax. The hotel provided Breakfast in room and an afternoon of doing nothing.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Feast Your Eyes (and Your Stomach!)

Okay, foodies, listen up. ESSES House delivered. BIG TIME. The Asian cuisine in restaurant was the star for me, especially the momos (I dreamt about them!) and the thukpa. Even for a picky eater like me, they had plenty of options. You can eat in the restaurants, the coffee shop, or the poolside bar. The international cuisine in restaurant was top notch. I can’t recommend the food enough!

There’s a breakfast [buffet], but I preferred ordering breakfast in room. A la carte in restaurant is also available. They have a bar, of course. And a snack bar for when you’re just feeling peckish. The bottle of water was a constant, delicious reminder of hydration. And, for the late sleepers, the room service [24-hour] meant you didn’t have to miss a thing! Everything was easy and convenient.

Services & Conveniences: They Thought of Everything

The list of services is endless. Daily housekeeping. 24-hour front desk. Concierge. Laundry service. Dry cleaning. They even have a convenience store if you forget something. And the cash withdrawal option makes it easy. They’ve got it all!

For the Kids (and the Big Kids at Heart)

While I didn’t have kids with me, I noticed they are very family/child friendly. They also have a babysitting service .

The Quirks, Flaws, and Honest Truths

No place is perfect, right? Here's the real talk:

  • The altitude can get to you. Drink lots of water!
  • Gangtok is hilly. Be prepared for some stair climbing (but the views are worth it!)

Final Verdict: Book It. Seriously.

ESSES House is more than just a hotel. It's an experience. It’s a place to unwind, indulge, and reconnect with yourself (and maybe your inner child). It's safe, comfortable, and absolutely unforgettable.

My (Very Persuasive) Offer:

Escape to ESSES House: Your Himalayan Paradise Awaits!

Book your stay by [Date] and receive:

  • A complimentary spa treatment: Choose from a rejuvenating massage, revitalizing body wrap, or luxurious facial. (Because you deserve it!)
  • Daily breakfast included: Fuel your adventures with an incredible breakfast buffet or enjoy the luxury of breakfast in your room.
  • Free upgrade to a room with a balcony (subject to availability): Wake up to breathtaking mountain views!
  • Special Offer: For stays of 3 nights or more, enjoy a complimentary airport transfer!

Don't miss out on this incredible offer! Click here to book your dream getaway at ESSES House and start planning your ultimate Himalayan adventure. Book Now!

Why You NEED to Book RIGHT NOW:

Because life is short. Because you deserve to be pampered. Because the momos are calling your name. And because, after the year we've had, a little Himalayan magic is just what you need. You won't regret it!

Melbourne's BEST 1-Bedroom City View Escape! (EQ Tower Gem!)

Book Now

Esses House A Luxury Home Stay Gangtok India

Esses House A Luxury Home Stay Gangtok India

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we’re diving headfirst into the gorgeous, chaotic mess that is my planned trip to Esses House in Gangtok. Forget perfectly polished travel blogs, this is the REAL DEAL, folks. My brain operates largely on caffeine and sheer, unadulterated enthusiasm, so forgive the inevitable tangents.

Esse House, Gangtok: A Journey…Mostly Understood (Maybe)

Pre-Trip Panic (And a Lot of Online Shopping)

Okay, so the trip's booked. Finally. Months of dithering, comparing prices, and staring longingly at pictures of prayer flags flapping in the wind on Booking.com are over. Esses House? Looks AMAZING. Luxurious, serene – a complete contrast to my current life of juggling deadlines and dodging laundry. I've basically spent the last week online shopping for "mountain-chic" outfits. Apparently, that involves lots of oversized sweaters and hiking boots I’ll almost certainly never actually hike in.

  • The Pre-Flight Blues: My stomach is perpetually in knots. Airports and I have a complicated relationship. Public transport can be another story.
  • Packing Follies: I’m over-packing. I always over-pack. I’m certain I’ll need that sequined top "just in case" it's a black-tie affair in the Himalayas. (Highly unlikely.)
  • The Weather Watch: Checking the Gangtok weather forecast every five minutes. Currently, it's predicting a "chance of rainbows." I am here for the rainbows. Probably will rain all over the rainbow though.

Day 1: Arrival, Altitude Adjustment (And a Questionable Chicken Momo)

  • Morning: The flight. I’m not a good flyer. Praying for smooth skies and a mercifully quiet seatmate. Landed at the airport with my heart in my throat.
  • Arrival at Esses House: Oh. My. GOD. Pictures did not do it justice. The view? Breathtaking. Mountains everywhere! I’m already convinced this trip is the best decision I've ever made. The staff are incredibly welcoming – showered me with friendly welcome drinks and smiles.
  • Afternoon: Settling in. Unpacking that ridiculous suitcase. The room is pure luxury. I'm pretty sure I’ve only ever slept on mattresses this soft in my wildest dreams.
  • Evening: First Gangtok meal! Wandering out into the crisp evening air. Found a little place down the street and went for the classic: chicken momos. Okay, the momos were…interesting. Let's just say my stomach and I were playing a tense game of "wait and see." Maybe I should have stuck with something familiar. Should not eat street food on the first day, a rookie mistake.

Day 2: The Monastery Marathon (And a Moment of Spiritual Epiphany)

  • Morning: Waking up to that view again. Seriously, I can't get enough. This morning, I took my first deep breaths in the fresh air of Gangtok.
  • Trekking: Trying out a trek around the house. The initial energy was great, but my stamina, as per usual, proved more of a problem than I'd bargained for in those hills.
  • Afternoon: Off to Rumtek Monastery. Holy wow. The colours, the chanting, the sheer energy of the place. I lit a candle, sat for a bit, and actually felt…calm. Seriously, me, calm? That's a first. Maybe all the altitude is affecting my judgement.
  • Evening: Back at Esses House. Staring again at the amazing view to unwind.

Day 3: Tsomgo Lake…and a Yak Ride!

  • Morning: Okay, this day has an early start. We're off to Tsomgo Lake and maybe a yak ride. Yak-riding is on my bucket list!
  • Transportation: The drive itself was an adventure on the winding mountain roads. I'm not gonna lie. I gripped the seat like a lifeline.
  • The Lake: Tsomgo Lake is something out of a fairytale. The water is crystal clear and the mountains reflected on the surface. Just stunning.
  • The Yak Ride: Okay, here we go! I got on a yak. It was…a sensation. I felt some kind of emotional connection to this animal, it was wonderful.
  • Evening: Absolutely exhausted from the day's adventure. I rewarded myself with a long, hot bath in the amazing tub in my room, followed by a mountain of delicious, comforting food.

Day 4: Exploring Gangtok (And a Souvenir Shopping Spree)

  • Morning: Exploring Gangtok! Hit the local market, which was an assault on the senses in the best possible way. So many colors and textures!
  • The Handicraft Center and Gangtok Market: I did a lot of wandering and browsing, and then I started buying. I love bringing back fun things .
  • Afternoon: Lunch at a local cafe. The food was great and the ambience was amazing.
  • Evening: Back to Esses House. Enjoyed one last meal. I can't stress enough how amazing the rooms are.

Day 5: Departure & Post-Trip Melancholy (and Planning the Return)

  • Morning: Sigh. Packing up. Saying goodbye to the staff. They were incredibly kind and helpful.
  • The drive back to the airport: The journey back through the picturesque mountains. I tried to soak it all in.
  • The flight home: Back in the air, I couldn't help but feel a mix of sadness and gratitude.
  • Evening: Home. Already planning my return. This trip was too short. I'll definitely come back one day.

Quirky Observations & Random Thoughts:

  • The prayer flags everywhere are incredibly beautiful and peaceful, but wouldn't it be amazing if they also had a built-in Wi-Fi signal?
  • I'm pretty sure I need to invest in a serious amount of moisturizer from now on. The mountain air is drying.
  • I've developed a serious addiction to the local tea. It's probably laced with something addictive…but I don't even care.
  • I'm considering changing my entire career and opening a yak-riding school.
  • This trip reignited some kind of spark in my soul.
  • Next time I'll bring a friend!

Overall, Gangtok and Esses House completely exceeded my expectations. Yes, there were questionable momos, overpacked suitcases, and moments of sheer terror on those mountain roads. But the beauty, the serenity, the sheer magic of the place? Unforgettable. I'm already dreaming of my return. Now, to start saving…and maybe practice hiking a little more before I go.

Alpharetta Getaway: Hampton Inn & Suites Luxury Awaits!

Book Now

Esses House A Luxury Home Stay Gangtok India

Esses House A Luxury Home Stay Gangtok India

ESSES House, Gangtok: Prepare to Be (Possibly) Overwhelmed - A Messy FAQ

Okay, so ESSES House... Is it REALLY as fancy as the pictures? I'm talking, like, REAL fancy?

Alright, buckle up, because the pictures? They're *almost* right. ESSES House is... look, it's luxurious. In a way that makes your jaw drop and your bank account weep a little. Marble floors? Check. Huge windows with mountain views? Double check. But here's the thing: real life isn't Instagram. The 'wow' factor is undeniably there, but it's not polished perfection. There's a slightly older-world luxury, a patina of time that gives it character. One moment you're thinking, "Wow, this is incredible!" the next, maybe the shower pressure is a little weak. See? Human!

What's the food situation like? Are we talking Michelin star, or "room service in a box"?

Okay, food. Ah, the food. This is where things get a little... unpredictable. The breakfast is fantastic. Seriously, those fluffy pancakes? I still dream about them. But lunch and dinner? It's decent, the chefs try hard, and the views from the dining room are *stunning*. But occasionally, you might get a slightly overcooked piece of chicken. And the menu, while offering variety, doesn't evolve much. It's not haute cuisine, but it's perfectly acceptable. You're in Gangtok, after all! Go explore the town's local restaurants! Best advice right there.
Personal Anecdote Alert! One night, I ordered pasta. It was... well, it was pasta. Not the best, not the worst. The waiter, bless his heart, could see my face. He offered me a complimentary dessert, a truly delicious chocolate lava cake, which completely saved the evening. See? Imperfection, then redemption!

Tell me about the VIEW? Is it worth the hype?

Oh, the VIEW. The view, my friends, is the reason you book this place. It’s the reason you’ll happily shell out a small fortune. It's breathtaking. It's life-altering. It's the kind of vista that makes you forget about all your problems (even the slow shower pressure...). You're looking at the Himalayas, and if you're lucky (and the weather cooperates - which it usually does!), you'll see Kanchenjunga in all its glory. Even on a cloudy day, the drama of the mountains is palpable. I spent hours on my balcony, just staring. It's worth every penny. Seriously. Go. Just go.

Okay, so let's talk practicalities: Getting there, getting around? Is it a pain?

Getting to Gangtok itself can be an adventure. You are likely going from Bagdogra, and depending on the traffic, the drive is a winding, often slow, ride. Once you're there, ESSES House is a bit of a climb from the main town, but the hotel can easily organize transportation. The drivers are generally professional and used to the mountain roads. Just be prepared for some winding roads and altitude sickness is a possibility if you're not acclimatized (take precautions, people!). And wear sensible shoes! Trust me on this one. Those cobblestone roads are relentless.

What's the staff like? Are they snobby?

Absolutely not! The staff at ESSES House are, for the most part, lovely. They're attentive, friendly, and genuinely want you to have a good time. They're not stuffy or snobby at all. They're well-trained and eager to help with anything you need. You'll find them to be really helpful and accomodating. There's a real sense of hospitality. And honestly, after a long day of sightseeing, coming back to that relaxed atmosphere is perfect!

Anything I should REALLY know before I go? Like, a secret tip?

Okay, here's the most important tip: pack layers. Gangtok weather can be unpredictable. One minute you're basking in sunshine, the next you're dodging a downpour. Also, bring a good book (or download a whole library on your Kindle). Those views… they demand to be savored. And, don't be shy about exploring the town! Gangtok has so much to offer beyond the luxury of ESSES House. Embrace the chaos, the culture, and the delicious momos!

Is it worth the money? Be honest!

This is the million-dollar question, isn't it? Look, ESSES House is not cheap. It's a splurge. But... if you're looking for a truly memorable experience, if you want to be pampered, if you want to wake up to a view that will quite literally take your breath away... then, yes, it's probably worth it. I’m still thinking about it. It's a memory I'll treasure. Yes, it's flawed. Yes, the food isn't always perfect. But that view, that experience, the feeling of being utterly removed from the everyday… it's worth considering. It's absolutely an investment in your well-being.

I heard something about a spa? Tell me more!

Oh, the spa! Alright, the spa is another one of the things that is an absolute YES. The ambiance, the treatment rooms, the serene atmosphere... it's all a little slice of heaven. Get a massage. Seriously. The therapists are skilled, the products are lovely, and after a day of exploring Gangtok, it's pure bliss. My only complaint? I could've stayed there all day. It's a true sanctuary.

Is this place kid-friendly?

Hmm... kid-friendly is a bit of a question mark. ESSES House isn't specifically designed for children. While the staff is generally accommodating, there aren't any dedicated kids' activities or amenities. Things are quiet, which is great for relaxation, but might not keep the little ones entertained. If you're traveling with kids, it's worth considering whether they can appreciate the luxury and the more sedate pace.

Let's talk about the IMPERFECTIONS. What REALLY annoyed you?

Chicstayst

Esses House A Luxury Home Stay Gangtok India

Esses House A Luxury Home Stay Gangtok India

Esses House A Luxury Home Stay Gangtok India

Esses House A Luxury Home Stay Gangtok India