Indulge in Luxury: Vancouver's Hidden Hotel Gem!

Hotel Indigo Vancouver Dwtn Portland Area By IHG Vancouver (WA) United States

Hotel Indigo Vancouver Dwtn Portland Area By IHG Vancouver (WA) United States

Indulge in Luxury: Vancouver's Hidden Hotel Gem!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into "Indulge in Luxury: Vancouver's Hidden Hotel Gem!" and I'm not sugarcoating anything. Forget the sanitized brochures; this is the real deal. I'm here to tell you if this place truly lives up to its name, as well as offering an incredibly compelling offer.

First Impressions: The Grand Reveal (or Not?)

So, "Hidden Gem" is right. Finding this place felt like a treasure hunt. Okay, maybe not that dramatic, more like a slightly confusing GPS and a prayer. But hey, I dig that already. It's not another cookie-cutter, neon-lit chain hotel. It's different.

Accessibility - A Mixed Bag (Let's be Honest)

Right, let's get the, uh, elephant in the room dealt with: Accessibility. The website says it is accessible, and this review will reflect that. I didn't personally need a wheelchair, but I did check everything in the fine print.

  • Wheelchair Accessible: The property claims to have accessible routes but, as always, call ahead and verify! Check their website (if you can find it - ha!). Look for detailed information on door widths, ramp grades, accessible bathrooms, and elevator access to all areas.
  • Elevator: This is a must-have.
  • Facilities for Disabled Guests: This needs in-depth verification by the hotel.
    • Opinion: It's 2024. Accessibility shouldn't be a "maybe" thing. It should be a standard.

Internet Access & More - The Digital Detox (Maybe?):

  • Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! YES! This is a huge win. I hate paying for Wi-Fi. Saves a bunch of money on my Netflix addiction.
  • Internet [LAN]: Good for the old-schoolers.
  • Wi-Fi in public areas: Hopefully with decent strength, because I am not missing a meme.
  • Internet Services: This is where the hotel should provide information regarding speeds, potential bandwidth limitations, etc.

Food Glorious Food: Eating My Way Through Heaven and Hell:

  • On-site accessible restaurants / lounges: Important for convenience
  • Restaurants: Okay, let's talk food.
  • A la carte in restaurant: Hope for better menus than buffet menus.
  • Asian breakfast: I'm a sucker for a good congee. Fingers crossed.
  • Asian cuisine in restaurant: See above.
  • Bar: Essential. Gotta have a place to unwind with a cocktail (or three) after a long day of… whatever I do.
  • Bottle of water: Free? Necessary. Because hydration is key.
  • Breakfast [buffet]: Breakfasts can make or break a stay. Let's see.
  • Breakfast service: Good to have options.
  • Coffee/tea in restaurant: I'm a coffee fiend. This is critical.
  • Coffee shop: Another coffee spot. Good.
  • Desserts in restaurant: Because who doesn't love dessert?
  • Happy hour: Yes. Just yes.
  • International cuisine in restaurant: Variety is the spice of life!
  • Poolside bar: Cocktails by the pool? Sign me up.
  • Room service [24-hour]: Crucial for late-night snack attacks or lazy mornings.
  • Salad in restaurant: Healthier options are always welcome.
  • Snack bar: Quick bites, always a win.
  • Soup in restaurant: I can get behind this

Wellness & Relaxation – My Sanctuary, Hopefully:

Alright, here’s where I went a little too deep. I was hoping this "Luxury" part was going to shine.

  • Pool with View: This can elevate the entire experience.

  • Sauna, Spa: Classic relaxation options.

  • Spa/sauna: More spa.

  • Steamroom: This can feel so luxurious.

  • Fitness center: This can be a selling point

  • Gym/fitness: This can be a selling point

The Core: Cleanliness, Safety & Pandemic Protocols – Did I Survive?

Let's be real, in today's world, cleanliness is everything. I'm mildly germophobic, so take that into context.

  • Anti-viral cleaning products: Excellent.
  • Breakfast takeaway service: Convenient.
  • Cashless payment service: So many places are doing this now. Good for convenience.
  • Daily disinfection in common areas: Essential.
  • Doctor/nurse on call: Peace of mind.
  • First aid kit: Always a plus.
  • Hand sanitizer: Everywhere, please!
  • Hot water linen and laundry washing: Important for sanitation.
  • Hygiene certification: Check for this!
  • Individually-wrapped food options: Smart.
  • Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: Respectful.
  • Professional-grade sanitizing services: Necessary in my book.
  • Room sanitization opt-out available: The fact that they offer this makes me happy.
  • Rooms sanitized between stays: Standard, but important.
  • Safe dining setup: Crucial.
  • Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: Makes me happy.
  • Staff trained in safety protocol: Important for me, and those less germaphobic.
  • Sterilizing equipment: I hope so.

Rooms & Amenities – My Personal Fortress:

This is where the "Luxury" claim really lives or dies.

  • Available in all rooms:
    • Additional toilet: Yes, please! Especially for couples.
    • Air conditioning: Absolutely essential.
    • Alarm clock: Still useful.
    • Bathrobes: Nice touch.
    • Bathtub: Important for me.
    • Blackout curtains: For sleeping in!
    • Coffee/tea maker: Essential!!
    • Complimentary tea: Great.
    • Daily housekeeping: Hopefully a good one!
    • Desk: I usually work a little
    • Mini bar: I'm partial to a mini bar.
    • Mirror: Come on, where else can I be vain?
    • Non-smoking: Good.
    • Private bathroom: Yes.
    • Refrigerator: Nice.
    • Hair dryer: Because I cannot be without it.
    • Scale: A mixed blessing.
    • Seating area: Comfy.
    • Separate shower/bathtub: Nice.
    • Shower: Ok.
    • Slippers: Great!
    • Smoke detector: Nice.
    • Soundproofing: Hoping for this.
    • Sofa: Nice.
    • Telephone: Maybe?
    • Toiletries: I hope they are good.
    • Towels: Soft ones, please!
    • Wake-up service: Helpful.
    • Window that opens: I like this.

Services & Conveniences – The Little Things That Make a Difference:

  • Air conditioning in public area: Essential.
  • Audio-visual equipment for special events: Important if you are there for events
  • Business facilities: Okay.
  • Cash withdrawal: Yes, useful.
  • Concierge: Helpful.
  • Contactless check-in/out: Saves time.
  • Convenience store: Handy.
  • Currency exchange: Useful if you are from out of town.
  • Daily housekeeping: Fingers crossed!
  • Doorman: Helps with bags.
  • Dry cleaning: Yes, please.
  • Elevator: A must-have!
  • Essential condiments: Are they providing these?
  • Facilities for disabled guests:
  • Food delivery: Good to have.
  • Gift/souvenir shop: Probably overpriced but okay.
  • Indoor venue for special events: Great for weddings.
  • Invoice provided: Legal!
  • Ironing service: Good.
  • Laundry service: Thank god.
  • Luggage storage: Helpful.
  • Meeting/banquet facilities: For certain travelers
  • Meetings: If you are traveling for business.
  • On-site event hosting: Weddings, etc.
  • Outdoor venue for special events: Great for weddings.
  • Projector/LED display: Helpful.
  • Safety deposit boxes: Worth it.
  • Seminars: If you are traveling for business.
  • Smoking area: Be considerate people.
  • Terrace: Awesome.
  • Wi-Fi for special events: For those looking to host events.
  • Xerox/fax in business center: For certain business travelers.

**Getting Around

Escape to Paradise: GreenTree Inn Xuzhou Awaits!

Book Now

Hotel Indigo Vancouver Dwtn Portland Area By IHG Vancouver (WA) United States

Hotel Indigo Vancouver Dwtn Portland Area By IHG Vancouver (WA) United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we’re about to dive headfirst into the glorious chaos that is my Vancouver, WA, adventure. Think less "perfect Instagram grid" and more "dog-eared travel journal splattered with coffee and existential dread." This isn’t your grandma’s itinerary, trust me. We’re going full-on, unedited human experience. And it starts with Hotel Indigo Vancouver Dwtn Portland Area By IHG… which, let's be real, sounds like someone mashed a bunch of travel keywords together.

Day 1: Arrival and Initial Panic (aka, The Struggle Is Real)

  • 1:00 PM: Arrival at Portland International Airport (PDX) and… oh god, the traffic. Seriously, Oregonians, what’s the deal? It’s a Monday! My Uber driver (bless his soul, he’s seen some things, I swear) regales me with tales of Portland’s "vibrant" (read: perpetually congested) street scene. I zone out a bit, mostly because I'm still fueled by airplane peanuts and the crushing weight of impending vacation responsibility.
  • 2:30 PM: Check-in at Hotel Indigo. Okay, first impressions: the lobby is… trendy. Like, aggressively trendy. Exposed brick, minimalist art, and a weird metal sculpture that I'm pretty sure is judging me. I half expect a barista to yell about my "basic" coffee order as I try to navigate the check-in process. I get a room on the 8th floor (yay for city views!), which is a relief. I need a good view. My tolerance for cramped spaces and bland beige is…limited.
  • 3:00 PM: Unpacking (or, the Art of the Throw-Everything-Everywhere). Let’s be honest, I’m not a “neat unpacker.” My suitcase is usually a black hole of wrinkled clothes and half-eaten protein bars. I’m pretty sure my suitcase still contained my socks I wore the previous week. Right now, my main goal is to find the outlet so I can charge my phone and figure out where I am.
  • 3:30 PM: The Room Panic. Okay, the room is nice, I guess. Clean, modern, and… empty. It feels too quiet. I start to question everything. Did I bring enough books? Will I actually enjoy this solo trip? Am I going to end up eating microwave ramen in bed and binge-watching reality TV? The first wave of travel anxiety hits. Deep breaths. Think of the coffee. Think of the things I want to do!
  • 4:00 PM: Coffee SOS. And a little walk. This is when I start the coffee quest. Find coffee! Starbucks? No, not in Vancouver WA. I need a local coffee shop. The hotel’s restaurant seems… sterile. I ventured out, walking a few blocks to find a local coffee shop. It was glorious. The smell of brewing coffee hit me like a warm hug, and I ordered a latte that was practically an art piece. The barista was friendly, the pastries were tempting, and I felt a tiny flicker of hope for this trip. I spent half an hour people-watching, feeling the rhythm of the city starting to pulse beneath my feet.
  • 5:00 PM: First meal! I needed food fast. I wandered over to McMenamins. A local pub. I wasn't super impressed, even though I wanted to be! This is where it starts feeling like the trip is just the beginning!
  • 6:00 PM: Evening Plans! This is where I start the plans. I'm thinking of doing nothing, but I also have to get out and see the city… Maybe do some more research?

Day 2: The Columbia River and the Wild Wild West (or, Adventures in Overthinking)

  • 9:00 AM: Coffee, the Sequel. Back to the coffee shop! Seriously, this is going to become a daily ritual. The barista now recognizes me, which is both comforting and slightly embarrassing (is my caffeine addiction that obvious?). I bought my first coffee today.
  • 10:00 AM: Exploring the Waterfront. Okay, this is where the real fun begins. I've heard the Columbia River is stunning, and, well, they weren't lying. The water is a brilliant blue, the bridges are majestic, and the air smells… fresh? Coming from someone whose default setting is "city grime," this is a welcome change. I walk the waterfront, taking photos, people-watching, and generally feeling ridiculously happy. Until I realized my phone was at 5% of battery. Panic sets in. I need every photo. Every moment.
  • 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Fort Vancouver National Historic Site. Okay, history time! I head over to Fort Vancouver. I'm not a huge history buff, but the place has an engaging feeling. It’s a bit of a time warp, and I start to get lost in the stories of the people who lived and worked there. The reenactors were fantastic, answering questions, and I was so impressed. I spent an entire two hours there, getting a guided tour, and feeling like I was actually back in the 1800s. I was so impressed.
  • 1:00 PM: Lunch Mishap. I try a local eatery, and it's… not great. The service is slow, the food is bland, and I end up feeling slightly disappointed. I realize I should've stuck with my coffee shop.
  • 2:00 PM: More Waterfront. I’m back on the waterfront, wandering, enjoying the scenery. I start feeling the solitude. I start getting in my head. What is it all for? Why here?
  • 3:00 PM: The Quest for Ice Cream. My mood demands sugar. Desperately. I scour Yelp and end up at a tiny ice cream shop with artisan flavors. I went for the Salted Caramel. It was heavenly. Life is good again.
  • 4:00 PM: The Self-Doubt Returns. Back at the hotel, I feel the overwhelming weight of everything. I'm alone. Will I like the city? This is where the negative thoughts really kick in.
  • 5:00 PM onward: Dinner and Reflections. I venture out to a restaurant, choosing a place with a vibrant atmosphere. I ended up wandering around, eventually just finding a place to eat and relax. I journaled, and really started to enjoy the trip.

Day 3: Portland and Beyond (and the bittersweet goodbyes)

  • 9:00 AM: I'm back. Coffee! The best coffee. This is the best.
  • 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Portland Exploration. This is the famous trip into Portland. Driving through the city is a disaster. I get lost, I get stressed, but eventually, I park and start to explore. The city is bursting with life, from street art to food.
  • 2:00 PM: Powell's City of Books. A must-see! It is like a book lover's dream. I spent over an hour wandering the aisles and I found some books for the trip.
  • 3:00 PM: Departure. I packed my bags, did last-minute checkout, and drove back to the PDX for my flight.
  • 4:00 PM: Flight from PDX

Final Thoughts:

This trip? It wasn’t perfect. There were moments of anxiety, bad food, and self-doubt. But there were also moments of pure joy, delicious coffee, and unexpected connections with a new place. That's the beauty of travel, isn't it? It’s about embracing the mess, the imperfections, and the unexpected turns that make the journey uniquely your own.

Escape to Paradise: Artemis Apartments Await in Crete!

Book Now

Hotel Indigo Vancouver Dwtn Portland Area By IHG Vancouver (WA) United States

Hotel Indigo Vancouver Dwtn Portland Area By IHG Vancouver (WA) United States

Indulge in Luxury: Vancouver's Hidden Hotel Gem – The REALLY Unfiltered FAQs!

Okay, let's be real. Is this place *really* a "hidden gem"? I've heard that before.

Ugh, "hidden gem" – the phrase that’s been bludgeoned to death by every travel blogger ever! But, and I'm being brutally honest here, with Indulge in Luxury, it's... kinda true. Okay, fine, *mostly* true. It's not like it's invisible, it *does* have a name, and you can find it on, you know, Google. But it's not plastered all over Instagram, which, frankly, is a bonus. The kind of place where you feel like you've accidentally stumbled into the secret lair of someone who, you know, actually *enjoys* good taste. Found it by a TOTAL fluke. Was supposed to be elsewhere and everything went sideways with the other place. Ended up there, and Ugh, it saved my entire trip. I swear I almost cried when I walked into the room. *Almost*.

What's the vibe like? Is it snooty? I can't do snooty.

Snooty? GOOD question. I went in expecting a full-on parade of condescension, you know, the kind where you're terrified to order room service because the waiter might silently judge your choice of appetizer. Nope. Surprisingly, no. Okay, there *is* this one guy, he might be the manager, who seems to ALWAYS be perfectly dressed, like, impossibly so. It's unsettling. But everyone else? Actually… friendly. Like, unusually friendly. Like they genuinely *enjoy* their jobs. And the bartenders? They mix a mean martini and actually chat. That's crucial. So, not snooty. More like… quietly confident. Like they *know* they're awesome, but don't feel the need to shove it down your throat. But THAT GUY.

The rooms – are they as luxurious as they claim? (And by luxurious, do you just mean "big" and "beige"?)

Beige? *shudders* NO. Thank. Goodness. They're… well, *indulgent*. Think rich textures, gorgeous artwork, a bed you could happily get *lost* in (and I did, more than once). And space! Like, actual, useable space. I had a room with a balcony overlooking, honestly, the BEST view. Now, I'm not going to lie, I'm a sucker for a good soaking tub. This one? MASSIVE. And they actually have bath salts, not just some sad little packet of generic bath beads. The details, people, it's all in the details! Okay, I did manage to spill a glass of red wine on the luxurious white duvet cover. Oops. It was a rough night. But hey, housekeeping was cool about it. Which, again, is a HUGE point in their favor.

What about the food? Did you just eat croissants and judge the butter like a bougie Parisian?

Okay, fine. Yes, I *did* judge the butter. But not in a snooty way! More like, "Hmm, this butter is clearly superior. Interesting." The croissants *were* ridiculously good, I'll admit it. The breakfast buffet had everything. The chef seemed genuinely excited about his eggs! The restaurant downstairs… Oh. My. God. I'm still dreaming of the seared scallops. Actually, I’m getting hungry just thinking about it. And the cocktails! The bartender, I think his name was Ben? He was a freaking artist. Seriously, people should be paying to see him mix drinks. He gave me a drink, a bespoke, and I've never had anything like it. Best meal of my life. And I am a picky eater.

Is it kid-friendly? Because I'm traveling with… a small human.

Ugh. (Kidding! Mostly.) Okay, that depends. If your small human is, you know, impeccably behaved and appreciates fine art, then maybe. If your small human specializes in projectile food and temper tantrums, probably not the best fit. I saw a few families there, and they seemed to be having a perfectly lovely time. But the vibe is definitely more suited to a romantic getaway or a solo trip where you can actually *relax*. You probably wouldn't want to give your kids an expensive wine and a nice meal (because they're kids), so it's really not for kids. But hey, maybe they have babysitting services. Ask. But don't blame me if it doesn't go well... because you brought a kid.

Any hidden costs? Gotcha fees? I hate hidden fees.

Okay, ALWAYS a valid question. I'm a budgeting QUEEN (said no one ever, actually). Look, this isn’t a budget hotel. Let's get that straight. But I didn't get hit with any ridiculous surprise fees. No "resort fee" for existing, which I appreciate immensely. The mini bar… well, let’s just say I *may* have indulged in a few snacks. But otherwise, pretty straightforward. Definitely check prices before you go - it's worth it, seriously. This place is not cheap, but you get what you pay for, and then some.

Did you use the spa? I'm all about a good massage.

I did. Oh my god, I did. I'm a bit of a spa snob, I admit it. This place…wow. The massage was *divine*. The therapist, a woman named Anya, was an actual magician. I went in tense and stressed from the flight (and life in general). I walked out… floating. In the best way. They also have a sauna and a steam room. I spent a truly embarrassing amount of time in each. I went back a second time. It's just… perfect. It's the kind of place where you can actually disconnect and, you know, *recharge*. Worth every penny. Seriously, if you go, get a massage. You won't regret it. Probably the best massage I've ever had. And I've had a LOT.

What's the ONE thing you'd change, if anything? (Be honest!)

Okay, deep breath. Honestly? The lighting in my room was a little too… dramatic? I'm not sure how to explain it. It'd be like, beautifully lit, then suddenly… *BAM*… all the lights go super bright. I’d have to get out of bed to fix the switch! This is a TINY thing but it was a tiny annoyance. But other than that, seriously? Nothing. Maybe more space in the closet... but I’m not complaining! I could have stayed FOREVER.

Globetrotter Hotels

Hotel Indigo Vancouver Dwtn Portland Area By IHG Vancouver (WA) United States

Hotel Indigo Vancouver Dwtn Portland Area By IHG Vancouver (WA) United States

Hotel Indigo Vancouver Dwtn Portland Area By IHG Vancouver (WA) United States

Hotel Indigo Vancouver Dwtn Portland Area By IHG Vancouver (WA) United States