Andorra's Hidden Gem: Uncover the Luxurious Shusski Encamp Aparthotel!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the gloriously, hilariously, and occasionally frustrating world of the Shusski Encamp Aparthotel in Andorra. Forget those sterile, perfectly polished reviews. This is the real deal. Prepare for a rollercoaster, because honestly, staying here was a trip.
SEO-fied Title: Shusski Encamp Aparthotel Review: Andorra's Luxurious Hidden Gem (Accessibility, Spa, & More!)
Alright, let's get this over with. Let's be honest, you wanna know if it's worth the hype, right?
Accessibility & That Awkward Elevator Ride
First things first: Accessibility. This is important. I'm looking for accessibility features cause I want to know how comfortable my clients can be. The website mentions the possibility of wheelchair accessibility. Good. Elevator? Check. Crucial, especially in the mountains. But here’s the kicker: the elevator… well, let’s just say it has character. It's one of those old-school ones. Sometimes it works like a charm, whisking you smoothly up to your room. Other times? Let's just say a little patience is required. Bring a book. And maybe a friend.
Rooms: A Home Away From Home (with a few quirks)
The Rooms. OMG, so much going on. They're spacious, like, actually spacious. The air conditioning was a godsend after a hot day on the slopes and there are, of course, facilities for disabled guests. You get free Wi-Fi everywhere - even in rooms. Score! You've got all the basics: air conditioning, alarm clock, bathrobes, coffee/tea maker, desk, hair dryer, in-room safe box, refrigerator, satellite/cable channels, scale, seating area, separate shower/bathtub, shower, slippers, smoke detector, soundproofing, telephone, toiletries, towels, wake-up service. Basically everything you hope for. The Wi-Fi [free] was great, really. And the view from the window that opens (yes, it does open!) was stunning, even if I was on a high floor, I was looking up at the mountains! The blackout curtains were essential for sleeping in, but man, those things were serious.
Look, the interconnecting rooms available is a great for families. And I loved the bathtub for soakers.
The downside? Well, let’s just that the interconnecting room(s) available may not be as well-soundproofed as the rest. So if you have loud neighbors… good luck. And the décor? Let’s just politely say it has character. It's a mix of modern and…well, something else.
Dining, Drinking, & Snacking: A Culinary Mishmash (with potential for greatness)
Okay, so you're hungry, right? Let's talk food. The breakfast [buffet]? It’s… a mixed bag. Some days it was amazing. Fresh croissants, fluffy scrambled eggs, and a decent coffee. Other days? Let's just say I've had better. (The Asian breakfast was surprisingly alright, though!) There’s a restaurant [buffet] which is nice. There is also a a la carte in restaurant.
The Poolside bar is a good place to catch your breath after a day.
Massage, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor], … yeah the pool with view is pretty great. They also offer a body wrap and a body scrub.
The Spa: My Oasis (or a slightly chaotic paradise)
The spa… This is where things get interesting. I, for one, love a good spa. The pool with view is also pretty great. I spent an entire afternoon here. The moment I sank into that hot tub and looked out at the mountains… pure bliss. But, the other times the sauna was working but not the steamroom, which was a heartbreak and a let down.
Cleanliness & Safety: Mostly Reassuring (with a few potential hiccups)
Let’s be real, safety is at the top of my mind. I saw daily disinfection in common areas. The hand sanitizer was readily available. The staff wearing masks. The staff trained in safety protocol are amazing (I chatted with one of them, the conversation made me smile to be honest, which you can't say about a lot of places). Seeing the anti-viral cleaning products being used made me feel better. There is even the possibility for Room sanitization opt-out available.
Services & Conveniences: The Good, the Bad, and the Slightly Baffling
The hotel’s got its share of services. There's luggage storage, which I definitely needed after my travel debacle. They have a concierge, the daily housekeeping was reliable, and the dry cleaning saved me. They offer food delivery (nice touch).
The car park [free of charge] is a massive bonus.
Things to Do (and Ways to Relax): Beyond the Ski Slopes
Andorra’s fun cause it is packed with possibilities. The Shusski has got you covered with its fitness center, gym/fitness, pool with view, sauna and spa which is a huge win.
For the Kids: Family-Friendly Fun?
I don't have kids, but the babysitting service could come in handy if you did. The kids facilities look decent, and the hotel presents itself as family/child friendly.
Getting Around: Easy Peasy (mostly)
Andorra’s a car-friendly place. Car park [free of charge], which is a life-saver.
The Quirks, The Imperfections, and The Verdict:
The Shusski is a bit of a mixed bag. It's not perfect. There were moments of minor frustration. The elevator, I mentioned. The sometimes-unpredictable buffet. But honestly? I loved it. The staff were incredibly friendly and accommodating. The spa almost made up for the hiccups (it didn't quite, but it got close!). The views are stunning. And the location is perfect for hitting the slopes.
My Emotional Reaction: An Enthusiastic Thumbs Up (with a side of caution)
Would I go back? Absolutely. Would I recommend it? Yes, with the caveat that you embrace the imperfections. This isn't a perfectly polished, soulless chain hotel. It’s got character… and a few quirks. But it’s got a heart. And that, my friends, is what makes a stay truly memorable.
And now, for the sales pitch…
Tired of the same old boring hotel experiences? Craving an escape that's both luxurious and… well, a little bit quirky?
Book Your Shusski Encamp Aparthotel Adventure NOW and get:
- A FREE upgrade to a room with mountain view (subject to availability). Imagine waking up to THAT every morning!
- Complimentary access to the spa and fitness center. Treat yourself to pure relaxation.
- A discount on all spa treatments. Because you deserve it!
- A free bottle of local wine upon arrival. Cheers to an unforgettable getaway!
Click here to book your Shusski adventure and discover Andorra's hidden gem! (Link to your booking page here!)
(Don’t delay – this offer is for a limited time only!)
Grand Bern Hotel Busan: Your Luxurious Korean Escape Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's meticulously planned itinerary. We're going rogue in the Andorra mountains, baby! This is the truth about conquering (or at least, attempting to conquer) Aparthotel Shusski in Encamp. Prepare for chaos, chocolate, and probably a fair few curse words.
Day 1: Arrival and Existential Dread (aka, the "Where's My Luggage?" Phase)
- Time: Let's be honest, time is a construct at this point.
- 08:00 - 09:00: Wake up in some airport, somewhere. The exact location is a blur of lukewarm coffee and the faint scent of airplane farts. (I swear they use that recycled air to mess with your brain).
- 09:00 - 10:00: The flight. Pleasant enough, until the turbulence hits. Then it's all white knuckles and whispered prayers to the porcelain gods.
- 10:00 - 11:00: Land in wherever-we-are-now. The joy of feeling your feet on solid ground is swiftly replaced by the creeping dread of the baggage carousel of doom. My suitcase? Apparently, it's vacationing in Reykjavik. Great start.
- 11:00 - 13:00: Travel to Encamp. The bus ride gave off a very distinct "holiday camp for tax inspectors" vibe. The mountains? Stunning. Makes you feel a little lost and tiny, which is perfect for the kind of life crisis I was already having.
- 13:00 - 14:00: Check into Aparthotel Shusski. The reception guy was trying his best, bless him, but he looked like he'd seen a few too many lost tourists. The room… well, it’s got a kitchenette. That's all that matters. Because, you know, being luggage-less makes you incredibly creative in the food department.
- 14:00 - 16:00: "Exploration" (read: frantic search for a decent grocery store). Found a Spar. Bought the most bizarre combination of foods imaginable: chorizo, instant noodles, a jar of gherkins (don't judge!), and enough chocolate to make Willy Wonka jealous.
- 16:00 - 18:00: The first attempt to make coffee. Failed. Epically. The smoke alarm nearly took me out. This could be a sign of things to come, or just a lack of skill.
- 18:00 - 20:00: Dinner. The instant noodles were actually pretty good, considering. The gherkins? Surprisingly addictive. Sat on the balcony and stared at the mountains. Feeling so small and insignificant in the grand scheme of things felt great. It's the start of a journey, I hope!
- 20:00 - 22:00: Wallowing. The thought of tomorrow is just too much for my poor little brain.
Day 2: Skiing (or at least, trying not to die on skis)
- 08:00 - 09:00: Wake up. Sore. Everywhere. The couch in this apartment has been the source of all evil.
- 09:00 - 10:00: Finally! The luggage arrived. It's never felt so good to unpack, even though my socks smell like airplane.
- 10:00 - 11:00: Breakfast: chorizo, gherkins, and a desperate attempt at a proper coffee. The coffee was better. Progress!
- 11:00 - 12:00: Gear up! The rental place was a circus. So many skis, so many poles, so much… cold, hard reality that I'm about to make a fool out of myself on a mountain.
- 12:00 - 16:00: Skiing. Right, let's be honest. I’m going to call it "skiing" for the sake of my fragile ego. More like, sliding with varying degrees of grace. The first few runs were terrifying. I spent more time on my backside than on my skis. The instructors were lovely, but also looked like they've seen this all before. At one point, I was convinced I was going to end up in a ditch, or, worse, run over a small child. (Don't worry, no small children were harmed!).
- 16:00 - 17:00: Hot Chocolate and Tears. The hot chocolate tasted like pure, unadulterated love (and maybe a little bit of regret). Found a sunny spot on the terrace and watched the more graceful skiers. Questioned my life choices.
- 17:00 - 19:00: Stumbling back to the apartment. Legs are screaming, body aching, ego bruised.
- 19:00 - 20:00: Dinner: More chorizo, less gherkins.
- 20:00 - Late: Crash. Sleep. Repeat.
Day 3: Andorra la Vella and Existential Shopping
- 09:00 - 10:00: Wake up. The pain! Think I will literally never walk again.
- 10:00 - 11:00: Breakfast: coffee, gherkins (I can't stop!).
- 11:00 - 13:00: Travel to Andorra la Vella. Because, you must see the capital. The bus driver was a maniac. I held on for dear life, my already frayed nerves completely shattered.
- 13:00 - 16:00: Andorra la Vella. Holy. Cow. Duty-free heaven. Walked around the city, my knees screaming in protest. Every shop promised the most fantastic deals on everything.
- 16:00 - 17:00: Impulse Buy Therapy. I needed something to make me feel good. Bought a truly ridiculous pair of sparkly sunglasses.
- 17:00 - 18:00: The best part of the day: Found a little chocolate shop. Indulged in the most decadent, melt-in-your-mouth hot chocolate the world has ever known. Sat there, in a cozy corner, and felt warm and fuzzy inside as the pain faded away.
- 18:00 - 20:00: Back to Encamp. The bus ride felt infinitely better (maybe because of the hot chocolate?).
- 20:00 - Onwards: A night of reflection - which really meant eating more chocolate, considering the universe, and contemplating the meaning of life whilst staring at the view from the balcony.
Day 4: The Grand Finale (and a Possible Escape)
- 09:00 - 10:00: Surprisingly, not too sore. Success!
- 10:00 - 11:00: Breakfast: coffee, gherkins. Can I bring them home?
- 11:00 - 12:00: ONE LAST SKI! This time, I was much more… relaxed. Okay, maybe it's a lie. I am still in perpetual fear that I am going to become a human snowball.
- 12:00 - 13:00: Lunch. Pizza!
- 13:00 - 15:00: Packing. This is the most depressing part of any trip. The realization that you have to go back to normal.
- 15:00 - 16:00: Final balcony view. Goodbye, mountains. Goodbye, gherkins. Goodbye, sanity.
- 16:00 - 18:00: Travel to the airport.
- 18:00 - 20:00: The endless wait. Airplane food.
- 20:00 - Whatever: Arrive at home, exhausted, confused, and slightly in love with Andorra. And the gherkins. Seriously, don't judge.
Postscript: Would I go back? Absolutely. Would I ski again? Maybe. Would I buy more gherkins? Without a doubt. This trip was messy, imperfect, and full of delicious absurdity. It was perfect.
Eyang Tardjo's Secret: Surakarta's BEST Syariah Hotel (RedDoorz Deal!)
Shusski Encamp Aparthotel: Ready for Adventure? (Or Maybe Just a Really Good Nap?)
Okay, spill it: Is Shusski Encamp Actually Luxurious? Like, *really* luxurious?
Alright, alright, settle down. Luxurious? Well, that depends on your definition. My idea of luxury is a hot shower that *actually* has hot water after a day of skiing. And on that front, Shusski Encamp delivers. The apartments themselves? Spacious. Modern. Clean. I swear, I walked in and actually *gasped*. My jaw. It dropped. Not kidding.
But don't expect gold-plated faucets and a butler named Jeeves. It's *mountain* luxurious. Think comfy sofas, a fully equipped kitchen (praise be, the coffee machine actually *worked*!), and a balcony with views that’ll make you forget your tax returns even exist. Did I feel boujee? Sure. Did I feel like I was staying in a palace? Nah. More like a seriously swanky, well-appointed condo that I wished I owned.
There was this *one* thing though. The underfloor heating in the bathroom? Absolute game changer. Waking up to warm tiles on your bare feet? Pure bliss. Made up for the tiny little closet space. Seriously, who needs a lot of closet space when you're wearing ski gear 90% of the time?
How far *is* it from the slopes, really? Be honest, I'm a terrible skier.
Okay, so the gondola, the Funicamp, is basically right there. Like, stumbling distance, even after a few après-ski beers. Which is a HUGE plus. No long bus rides in freezing temperatures. No trudging through snow with your skis. HUGE. Huge. And if you're a terrible skier? Perfect! You can spend more time admiring the scenery (and the hot chocolate) and less time face-planting. I speak from experience.
However... and there's always a "however," isn't there? The walk *from* the gondola to the hotel at the *end* of the day? That's a little uphill. And if you’re carrying skis and boots and your legs feel like lead after a day of carving (or, more accurately, *tumbling*) down the slopes… well, you might feel it. I'm not gonna lie, there was one day I nearly cried. Tears of joy, from the view, or from exhaustion, I'm not sure which.
Pro Tip: Get a ski locker at the gondola station. Your legs (and your sanity) will thank you.
What's the food situation like? Is it just overpriced pizza and sad sandwiches?
Okay, food. This is where things get… interesting. The aparthotel itself doesn't have a restaurant, which, honestly, is a bit of a letdown when you're absolutely shattered after a day on the slopes. But the upside? Kitchen! You can cook. You *should* cook! I'm a terrible cook, mind you. Burnt toast is my specialty. But the local supermarket? Packed with amazing local cheeses, cured meats, and fresh baguettes. Forget the sad sandwiches. The local food is where it's at. *Seriously*. Do not, and I repeat, DO NOT, miss out on the cheese. It's divine.
Then there's the options in town... and here's where I felt a pang of the "I have no idea what's on the menu" experience. There’s everything from pizza places, sure, fair enough, but also some seriously good restaurants. The food experience is a total choose your own adventure. If you want to keep your costs down, cook. If you want a splurge, go out. You'll likely be happy either way.
Is there anything to do *besides* ski? I'm trying to drag my non-skiing significant other along.
Yes! YES! Andorra is WAY more than just skiing. Although, let's be honest, skiing is the main draw. But, for the non-skiers? There's shopping! Encamp is packed with duty-free shops (electronics, perfumes, the works). There's also the thermal spa, Caldea. My non-skiing partner, who I'll just call 'Jane' for now, absolutely loved it. Hours upon hours of splashing around in warm water. Steam rooms. Massages. She practically had to be *dragged* out. (And, okay, I admit it, I joined her one afternoon. The rooftop pool under the stars? Pretty incredible. More incredible than I expected).
Also, there’s hiking. In the summer, it's supposed to be amazing. Though, look, I went in winter. All I saw was snow and a lot of people with skis. Not really my area of expertise. But still, I made a snow angel. Success!
Tell me about the staff. Are they friendly? Are they helpful? Do they actually *speak* English?
The staff... well, they seemed to be just fine. Fine. They were polite. They did their jobs. English? Yes, most of them spoke decent English. Which is a relief, because my Spanish is about as good as my skiing. You know? Awful. But they weren't over-the-top friendly. They weren't *unfriendly*. It's a hotel. You get what you expect, I guess.
There was this *one* guy, though. At the reception. He was actually pretty fantastic. Super helpful. Always smiling. One day, I accidentally locked myself out of the apartment (don't ask) and he handled it with such grace and efficiency... honestly, he saved me from a full-blown meltdown. So, yeah. Good staff. For the most part. Except for maybe the housekeeping, who didn't seem to understand the concept of "dusting." But you can't have everything.
Any downsides? What's the catch?
Okay, the catch. There are always catches, aren't there? First off, the parking situation. Limited. Seriously limited. If you’re driving, book parking in advance. I didn't. I spent twenty minutes circling the block like a lost seagull before finally getting a space. And then, the elevators. One of them was frequently out of order. Which, when you're on the fourth floor, can feel like a lifetime. Especially carrying groceries. And luggage. Did I mention the limited closet space? (I did. I'm still annoyed). And, as mentioned before, the dusty corners. Small things, really, but they add up.
Also... and this is completely subjective... it's not exactly a *lively* town. Encamp is charming, yes. But it's not exactly a party scene. If you're looking for a buzzing nightlife experience, you might be disappointed. I wasn't. I was happy to crash with a good book and some of that incredible cheese. But be warned!
Would you go back? Honestly.
Hotel Bliss Search
