Luxury Lima Getaway: Unbeatable Deals at the Best Western Plus Urban Larco!
Luxury Lima Getaway: Unbeatable Deals at the Best Western Plus Urban Larco! - A Traveler's Tale (With a Detour or Two)
Alright, folks, let's talk Lima. And not just any Lima, but the luxury kind. We're talking Best Western Plus Urban Larco, and I just got back. So, buckle up, because this isn't your cookie-cutter hotel review - this is the real deal, warts and all, with enough SEO sprinkled in to make Google happy.
First Impressions: The Good, The… Well, Let's Say "Characterful"
Okay, first things first: Accessibility. I didn't personally need wheelchair access, but I did see it done right here. Elevators are a godsend (especially after a pisco sour or three!), and they’ve got facilities for disabled guests that actually look usable, not just slapped on as an afterthought. Kudos, Best Western! And the front desk [24-hour] is a lifesaver when you're jet-lagged and completely lost.
Now, about that pisco sour… See, this is where the "character" comes in. The bar? Excellent. The poolside bar? Even better, especially with the happy hour. Let the good times roll, right? The coffee shop? Solid. And the restaurants? Yeah, plural. A la carte in restaurant, buffet in restaurant, the whole shebang. They even had Asian cuisine! My taste buds were doing the tango. They offer alternative meal arrangement too which is pretty useful for special dietary requirements. However, I did have one slightly… odd experience. Picture this: it's 3 AM, I'm famished after a late night exploring, and the 24-hour room service sounds like a dream. Turns out, the "sandwich" that arrived was a bit… creative. Let's just say it lacked the crucial ingredient of… bread. Oops. But hey, the coffee/tea in restaurant, and the bottle of water in my room, made up for it!
The Room: My Sanctuary… Until I Misplaced My Slippers
The rooms? Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, yes. Air conditioning in public area, double yes! Free Wi-Fi, bless you! Seriously, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! The Internet access was solid, both the Internet access – wireless and Internet access – LAN options. Internet services overall, were great. Now, the specific room? Okay, so it had air conditioning, a desk (useful for pretending to work), a hair dryer (mandatory for my frizz), a refrigerator (for those late-night snacks), and even a mini bar (temptation central!). The bathrobes were fluffy, the slippers were… well, were until I misplaced them on the second day (don’t judge my hotel room habits, it's part of the charm!). Lots of other great things like: Bathroom phone, Blackout curtains, Complimentary tea, Extra long bed, In-room safe box, Non-smoking, Private bathroom, Reading light, Satellite/cable channels, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Smoke detector, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, and Wake-up service. And, let's be real, the window that opens is a godsend for that Lima breeze.
The "Things To Do" & Relaxation Station: From Body Scrubs to Bliss
This is where the Best Western Plus Urban Larco truly shines. Body scrub? Sign me up! Body wrap? Yes, please! Massage? Don't even ask, I'm already there. They have the whole spa enchilada. Pool with view? Check. Sauna? Yup. Spa/sauna? Double yup. Steamroom? You got it! And the swimming pool [outdoor] is stunning, a perfect spot for a relaxing afternoon, or even just a cheeky cocktail. The fitness center is legit, I mean, I saw people in there, so it must be good, right? They have a Gym/fitness, Foot bath too.
Listen, my inner sloth was very happy. I may have spent a disproportionate amount of time at the swimming pool… just thinking about the world. It was pure bliss. One of those "forget the world exists" kind of moments.
Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Safe, Looking Safe (Even if My Slippers Were MIA)
Okay, let's get serious for a sec. Safety is a huge deal, especially these days. And the Best Western Plus Urban Larco? They nailed it. Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, hand sanitizer everywhere, hygiene certification – they really, really care. Staff trained in safety protocol. They have Rooms sanitized between stays, and the option to room sanitization opt-out available (if that's your thing). Professional-grade sanitizing services are also used. I felt genuinely safe, and that's huge. They have CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Fire extinguisher, Smoke alarms, Security [24-hour]. The Cashless payment service was handy. The Doctor/nurse on call, and the First aid kit are good to know about.
Dining, Drinking, & Snacking: Fueling the Adventure (and the Jet Lag)
Beyond the mentioned restaurants, the options were plentiful. Breakfast [buffet] was a feast (though I may have overindulged on the pastries – no regrets!). The breakfast service and even breakfast takeaway service are nice additions. They have Coffee/tea in restaurant, and Desserts in restaurant of course. Happy hour, as I pointed out, is a must. They had poolside bar, and snack bar. I even saw a vegetarian restaurant - a great option! They offered Western breakfast and Western cuisine in restaurant too.
Services and Conveniences: Because Sometimes You Just Need Someone to Iron Your Shirt
The little things matter, right? Cash withdrawal? Check. Concierge? Super helpful! Daily housekeeping? Absolute lifesaver. Dry cleaning and ironing service? Yes, please! (My travel wardrobe needs a little TLC.) Laundry service? Thank the travel gods. Also convenient are things like currency exchange, the elevator, luggage storage, smoking area, and the terrace. The convenience store is great if you need essential condiments, water or other basics.
For the Kids: Making Memories for the Littlest Travelers
I'm not a parent, but I saw plenty of happy families. They have Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, and Kids meal, they're clearly geared towards families.
Getting Around: Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezy
They offer an airport transfer (essential!), car park [free of charge], car park [on-site], and even taxi service. And if you're feeling adventurous, there's bicycle parking, too.
The Nitty Gritty (Because Honesty's the Best Policy)
Listen, no hotel is perfect. The "creative sandwich" incident, while hilarious in retrospect, did make me appreciate the room service [24-hour], but let's just say I relied more on the buffet after that. The décor? Maybe not the most modern, but it was clean, comfortable, and that's what matters. And finding my slippers might have been a minor quest, but the staff was always friendly and helpful.
Now, the Juicy Part: The Deal! (And Why YOU Should Book!)
Okay, listen up! This Luxury Lima Getaway: Unbeatable Deals at the Best Western Plus Urban Larco! is, quite frankly, a steal. I'm talking top-notch service, incredible amenities, and a prime location in the heart of Miraflores. And based on my experience with the various hotel features I listed here, I can be sure this Hotel will be a great value!
Here's Why You NEED to Book:
- Unbeatable Value: Seriously, the deals are INSANE.
- Prime Location: Explore Miraflores, the heart of Lima's action!
- Spa Day Dreams Come True: Relax, rejuvenate, and forget your troubles.
- Safety First: They've got your health and well-being covered.
- And Yes, Free Wi-Fi in All Rooms! (Essential for Instagramming your adventures.)
My Recommendation:
Go. Book it. Right now. Tell them the slightly-disheveled-but-enthusiastic reviewer sent you. You won't regret it. Just… maybe order the buffet. 😉 And if you see a lost pair of slippers, let me know!
SEO Keywords (Just in case you need them, Google): Lima hotel,
Shanghai's Hidden Gem: AT HOUSE Xujiahui - You HAVE to See This!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's meticulously planned itinerary. This is… actual travel, the kind that leaves you with a permanent crick in your neck and a story to tell. We're talking a trip to Lima, Peru, starting and ending at the blessedly air-conditioned (hopefully) Best Western Plus Urban Larco Hotel. Consider this less a schedule and more a… well, a suggestion, with a hefty dose of reality sprinkled on top.
The Lima Labyrinth: A Semi-Coherent Adventure
Day 1: Landfall and the Lost Luggage Lottery (…and a Pisco Sour!)
- Morning (or whenever the flight actually lands – let’s be real): Arrive at Jorge Chávez International Airport. Cue the airport shuffle, the weary sighs, and the frantic search for a decent Wi-Fi signal. Pro Tip: Pray your luggage makes it. Mine? Let's just say there's a good chance my favorite hiking boots are currently enjoying a vacation in Dubai. Fingers crossed!
- Mid-Day: Taxi to the Best Western Plus Urban Larco. Seriously, the air conditioning better be working. I'm already sweating from the stress of travel. Check-in. Survey the room. A little window, some clean sheets, and decent water pressure? Sold.
- Afternoon (Pisco Sour Emergency): Okay, so, according to every travel blog ever, you have to have a Pisco Sour upon arrival in Peru. Fine. Twist my arm. Find a reputable bar (researching this now, because, priorities). Emergency Level: Pisco Sour Acquisition. Goal: Immediate. I am not responsible for the quality of my decisions from this point on, including but not limited to ordering questionable street food.
- Evening: Miraflores Stroll (if I’m not passed out): Maybe. If the Pisco Sour induced sugar rush doesn't result in a nap that wipes out my entire evening. A walk along the cliffs of Miraflores, enjoying the ocean view. Maybe. If I can actually walk. Otherwise, room service and a good book (if my luggage ever materializes). I'm picturing myself, dramatically clutching my empty suitcase, the hotel receptionist looking at me, like "Here it comes, the next broken soul."
Day 2: Culture Clash and Ceviche Catastrophe (…Maybe a Good One?)
- Morning: Okay, cultural immersion is key. Time to venture out! I'm thinking a visit to the Huaca Pucllana ruins. History! Intrigue! Archeology! Maybe some pigeons. Whatever. As long as I don't have to climb anything too strenuous. (Don't judge my fitness level. Travel is hard!)
- Mid-Day: Ceviche Craving: Ceviche. The holy grail of Peruvian cuisine. I need to find a place to try it. Hopefully, a place that doesn't involve me needing a week of bed rest. (See: Street Food Risk Assessment, below.) Research ongoing. Recommendations welcome. I'm envisioning fresh, zesty deliciousness. I'm also envisioning potentially spending the afternoon in a bathroom (see: aforementioned risk assessment).
- Afternoon: Barranco Bohemian Rhapsody: Barranco, the artsy district. Galleries, street art, the Bridge of Sighs (which, let's be honest, I'm probably going to sigh dramatically on). This could be excellent. Or a complete disaster. My mood depends on how my stomach feels after the ceviche. This is a high-stakes game, people.
- Evening: Dinner and a Show: Dinner, somewhere that doesn't require a hazmat suit. Then, if I have the energy, maybe a show, some music, something that doesn't involve me trying to decipher a map. Or, you know, I might just eat a bag of chips and watch whatever's on TV. Both are equally good (and my travel companions can attest to the quality of chips)
Day 3: The Sacred Valley… or Sleep? A Decision.
- Morning (The Great Decision): This is the day I really have to decide. Do I:
- Option A: The Sacred Valley Adventure: A day trip to the Sacred Valley of the Incas. This is where I need to drag myself out of bed at an ungodly hour, hop on a tour bus, and see Machu Picchu (or at the very least, the beginning of the hike). It's a gamble for a day out.
- Option B: The Luxury of Sleep: Catch up sleep, relax, explore some art museums, visit a park. Basically, anything that does not involve an early wake-up call and long bus journeys.
- Mid-Day: See above. If, (and big if here), I do the Sacred Valley thing, it'll be a blur of ancient ruins, altitude sickness, and trying not to fall off a mountain. If it's the sleep option, it will be a blissful nap. I'm leaning that way.
- Afternoon/Evening: Whatever I choose, I'll need to eat. Good food. Maybe some Peruvian fusion. Need a drink? Likely.
- Option A (Sacred Valley): After a long day, I'd need quiet, some good food, and possibly an early night.
- Option B (City): A museum, or a park, or a nice restaurant. The possibilities are endless and exciting if the sleep option is chosen.
Day 4: Shopping, Souvenirs, and the Luggage Saga Continues…
- Morning: Hopefully. I'm going to head out and explore the city. Time for shopping! Souvenirs. Things I'll probably regret buying later but will remember the story. This day is for wandering, getting lost, and hopefully, finding some cool, quirky local shops away from the tourist traps.
- Mid-Day: The Luggage Update: This is where I call the airline again. And again. And again. Praying my luggage has decided to grace my presence. If not… time to hit up the local shops for some emergency clothing purchases. (Pray for my fashion sense.)
- Afternoon: Last supper (maybe not the one with Jesus): A final amazing meal. Somewhere delicious, atmospheric, and celebratory. Might venture out on a food tour, if the thought of more food doesn't make me roll my eyes.
- Evening: The Final Pisco Sour (or Two): One last Pisco Sour. A toast to Lima, to adventures, and to the fact that I survived! Or at least, I nearly survived. Depending on how my stomach, wallet, and luggage are holding up, this part could be a total disaster.
Day 5: Adios, Lima (and the Airport Shuffle Again!)
- Morning: Check out of Best Western. Final glances at this room, which has become an oasis of familiarity in a strange land. Final desperate search for a lost sock. Final packing panic.
- Mid-Day: Flight to the airport. The waiting game. The endless security lines. The last-minute duty-free shopping.
- Afternoon: Land in home
Important Notes and Ramblings:
- Food Safety: Okay, so, I'm not a germaphobe, but I am a realist. Street food is tempting, yes. Delicious, probably. But also, potential for…well, let's just say I'm carrying a pack of Imodium. Eat at your own risk. Research places before you go and have a plan for a quick escape.
- Transportation: Taxis are the way to go, but negotiate the price beforehand. Uber is a godsend.
- Altitude: Lima is at sea level, which is a bonus. Other activities might involve higher altitudes, so take it easy and drink lots of water.
- Flexibility is Key: This is a suggestion, people. Things will go wrong. Embrace the chaos. Laugh at the mishaps. And most importantly, remember why you're traveling: to experience something new, even if that something new involves a near-death experience with a poorly made ceviche.
This is my plan. It most likely will fail. But hey, it's supposed to be fun, right? Cheers, and wish me luck! I'm going to need it.
Disney's All-Star Music Resort: Orlando's BEST Value Family Fun? (Shocking Pics!)
So, Best Western Plus Urban Larco, huh? Sounds… Best Western-y. Is it actually *luxury*? Don't lie to me.
Alright, alright, let's get this out of the way. "Luxury" these days is thrown around like confetti at a slightly disappointing wedding. Look, it's NOT the Ritz. It's not going to bankrupt you. But you know what? It *surprised* me. I went in expecting, well, Best Western. And I came out… feeling pretty darn pampered. The rooms? Clean, modern, actually comfortable beds (I mean, I slept like a log! which is a huge win for me, trust me). The staff? Seriously lovely. Now, luxury? It's a vibe. Think *elevated* Best Western. Think: you get a good night's sleep, a decent breakfast, and you don't feel like someone has stolen your wallet (which has happened. Many times. Don't judge.) So, luxury… kinda! Especially considering the price. Which brings me to…
Okay, price. Let's talk deals. What kind of "Unbeatable" deals are we talking about? Spill the tea!
Okay, so the "Unbeatable Deals" are what *really* sold me. I’m a bargain hunter. A *ruthless* bargain hunter. (My ex-boyfriend once described my shopping habits as “aggressive bargain acquisition.”) Anyways, the deals they were offering at the time were truly bonkers. Like, ridiculously good. We're talking significantly cheaper than other places in Miraflores. And Miraflores is where you *want* to be. The deals honestly felt a little *too* good. I was half expecting a hidden camera, a fake hotel room, and being forced to wear a clown suit. Thankfully, no clowns. Just ridiculously cheap, which is a win in my book! They also had breakfast included, which… look, I'm not a morning person. Free breakfast is a *godsend*. Especially when you’re on vacation and the thought of leaving the warm bed seems utterly pointless.
Location, location, location! Where exactly is this magical deal-filled hotel? Is it in the middle of nowhere?
NOPE! That, my friends, is a BIG win. The Best Western Plus Urban Larco is smack-dab in the heart of Miraflores. Miraflores! Think: safe, clean, walkable. Think: close to everything! Beaches? Check. Parks? Double check. Restaurants that will blow your mind (and your GI tract, in a good way)? Triple check! I took a taxi from the airport - which, by the way, Lima traffic is an experience. An *experience*. Anyway, it was a quick, relatively painless ride. And then I arrived and everything was just *there*. I swear, I could walk to the ocean in like... ten minutes? Okay, maybe fifteen if you're dawdling and admiring the street art (which you should, by the way.) Location-wise, this place *nails* it. I’d walk around the whole city if I had the energy to, and the heart of Miraflores is such a good place to start.
Food! Because, let’s be honest, that’s like, 75% of the reason for a vacation. What’s the breakfast situation like? Desperate for food details!
Oh, the breakfast… Ahhh, breakfast. This wasn't just a buffet. It was a *performance*. Okay, maybe that's overdramatic, but I’m a breakfast person and I can tell you, it’s a big deal! Fresh fruit, which I ate way too much of (I think I single-handedly kept the banana industry afloat). There were like, a million kinds of bread. Okay, *maybe* five, but it felt like a million after my third croissant. And the coffee? Strong. Delicious. Fuel for a day of exploring. Which reminds me... I was utterly convinced I could master the art of the perfect omelette while I was there. I made an absolute *mess*. (I blame the altitude.) But even my disastrous omelette was delicious, purely because of the sheer joy of making it after a solid ten hours of sleep. It was really, really good. The breakfast made up for my lack of social skills in the mornings. Seriously, someone bring me breakfast in bed for the rest of my goddamn life.
Miraflores itself – worth the hype? Or just another tourist trap?
Miraflores is worth the hype, *mostly*. It’s touristy, sure. Expect to see a lot of people. But it's also beautiful. The cliffs overlooking the ocean are stunning, especially at sunset. The parks are well-maintained and perfect for a stroll. The food scene? Oh. My. God. I ate ceviche until I thought I might turn into a fish. Which, honestly, wouldn't be the worst thing. The whole area had a buzz of being pretty safe, which is a *huge* plus (I’m a worrier, sue me). I walked around at night, never felt unsafe. It’s not perfect, of course (there are some seriously persistent street vendors), but overall, Miraflores is a winner. I got lost one afternoon - took me through some residential streets that were just charming and colourful - and I couldn't stop taking photos.
What's the Wi-Fi like? Because, you know, gotta stay connected... for, uh, work. Definitely work.
The Wi-Fi... was... adequate. Let's just say it wasn't blazing fast enough to upload HD videos of my questionable dance moves (which, let's be honest, is probably a good thing for the world). It did the job for emails, social media, and, um, "researching" the local pisco sour hotspots. *cough*. Look, I *needed* to know *everything* about pisco sours. For, you know, *research*. But yeah, it wasn't the fastest. Perfectly functional, but don't expect to live-stream your cooking show. You've been warned.
Any downsides? Be honest! What bad things did you *actually* experience? Spill the tea!
Okay, honesty time. There were a few minor hiccups, but overall, nothing that ruined the trip. The walls *might* be a little thin. I may or may not have heard my neighbor's phone conversations. Then again, maybe I should have spent less time listening to people, and more time enjoying the city. The elevators were a little slow at times. And... honestly, the "gym" at the hotel was…well, let's just say it wasn't exactly a state-of-the-art fitness center. More like a room with a couple of treadmills and a sad elliptical machine. I glanced at it, smiled, and retreated back to the delicious breakfast buffet (because priorities, people!). But theseStaynado

