Sheraton San Gabriel: LA's Hidden Gem Hotel - Unbeatable Deals Inside!
Sheraton San Gabriel: LA's Hidden Gem (and Why You Should Absolutely Book Now, Seriously!) - A Rambling, Honest Review
Alright, folks, buckle up. We're diving headfirst into the Sheraton San Gabriel. And by "diving," I mean I spent a weekend there, practically living in their spa. (More on that later, trust me.) Forget those cookie-cutter hotel reviews – this is the real deal.
First off, let's address the elephant in the room: "LA's Hidden Gem." Hmmm, a bold claim, right? Well, after my stay… yeah, I get it. It’s not your typical flashy, Hollywood-hype hotel. It’s… subtle. Classy. And surprisingly… chill. Which, as a frazzled city-dweller, was exactly what I needed.
Accessibility? They seem on it. I didn't need it myself, but I saw elevators, ramps, and stuff that looked like it covered all the bases. Good on ya, Sheraton.
Booking & Deals - Unbeatable? I'm the kind of person who thrives on a good deal, and I was pleasantly surprised. Definitely check their website. They seem to have some sweet packages that include things like spa treatments and dining credits… and I am a sucker for a good spa!
Okay, let's get into the juicy bits.
Rooms: My Cozy Cocoon (and a Minor Complaint)
My room? Pretty darn swanky. Air conditioning that actually worked (a miracle in LA), a seriously comfy bed (extra long, which is clutch), and blackout curtains that obliterated the LA sunshine. Bliss. I'm a sucker for a good bathrobe too. And this one was plush. Like, really plush. I could have lived in it for days.
Internet? Free Wi-Fi in the room? YES. Thank the heavens. I needed to work, so having reliable internet was crucial. And it was. (Though I did contemplate abandoning all responsibility and just basking in bathrobe-clad bliss). My only minor gripe? The desk, while present, seemed a little cramped. But hey, I made it work. And the laptop workspace was decent.
Cleanliness & Safety: Feeling Secure (and a bit OCD about it)
Okay, I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit of a germaphobe. During these times, a hotel's cleanliness is paramount. The Sheraton San Gabriel nailed it. Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Rooms sanitized between stays? Check. They even offered a "room sanitization opt-out" (which I did not do, because, well, you know). Hand sanitizer was everywhere. And I'm pretty sure I saw a tiny robot vacuuming the hallways (kidding… maybe). They were definitely taking hygiene seriously. I noticed CCTV in common areas, and the staff seemed genuinely trained on all the safety protocols. They were definitely on it.
Food, Glorious Food (and a Near-Gourmet Breakfast)
This is where things get really interesting. They have a bunch of restaurants, a poolside bar (essential), and room service that runs 24-hours – a lifesaver after a long day of exploring.
Let’s get to the breakfast, shall we? The buffet… oh, the buffet! I went full-on tourist and tried everything. There was an Asian breakfast section, Western breakfast staples, and I'm pretty sure I saw a chef hand-whipping hollandaise sauce to order. Incredible. I even had a takeaway breakfast one day because I wanted to stay in my bathrobe even longer and it was the perfect compromise with a tasty breakfast takeaway service. And the coffee? Strong. Really. Strong. I needed that! Plus the coffee shop also offered tasty coffee options.
Dining & Drinking: A Shout Out to the Bar!
Seriously, this bar was a highlight. Fantastic cocktails, a decent happy hour, and a relaxed atmosphere. The poolside bar was also perfect for a cocktail and a snack. They have a snack bar too, with a variety of choices.
I didn't actually eat at the restaurants, myself (I know, I know - regret!), but I saw some amazing looking dishes being delivered to other tables. International cuisine was the name of the game.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: My Personal Spa Nirvana
Okay, let’s talk about the spa. This is where I lost all track of time and reality. The spa/sauna area had a steam room, sauna, and a pool with a view. I practically lived in it. Seriously. Hours. I indulged in a massage (heaven!), and spent a little time in the foot bath.
The entire experience was restorative. I’m talking, “I need to come back and live in this place” restorative.
And the Pool?! Absolutely Stunning
The outdoor swimming pool was gorgeous. Beautifully designed, crystal clear water and surrounded by palm trees. I spent a few hours just relaxing on a lounger, soaking up the California sun. It was the perfect way to unwind.
Services & Conveniences: Business & Pleasure, Covered
They offered everything, from concierge services to laundry service. They had a decent fitness center to burn off all the amazing food I was consuming. And the business facilities seemed legit. You could host meetings or even seminars. I just wanted to be massaged.
For the Kids: Definitely Family Friendly (though I didn't have any!)
I saw a few families, so I can attest to it being very family/child friendly. They have babysitting service and kids facilities.
Getting Around: Easy Peasy
Parking was free, which is a HUGE win in LA. They also offer airport transfer and taxi service.
The Downsides (because no hotel is perfect…)
- Location, Location, Location: While a "hidden gem," it’s a bit further from the main Hollywood attractions, so you'll need a car or utilize their taxi service if you're planning to sightsee.
Conclusion: Book It. Seriously. Now.
The Sheraton San Gabriel isn't just a hotel. It's an experience. It’s the perfect blend of comfort, relaxation, and a touch of luxury without being pretentious. They have a great hotel chain service and a very friendly staff. The cleanliness, the amazing food (especially the breakfast!), and the spa? They made it a place you don't want to leave.
My Recommendation:
Do yourself a favor and book a stay at the Sheraton San Gabriel. Whether you're on a romantic getaway, a business trip, or just need a serious dose of R&R, this hotel has you covered. The deals are sweet, the service is impeccable, and that spa? Worth the price of admission alone. Trust me. You won’t regret it.
And Now for the Hook - The Unbeatable Deal I Promise!
Okay, enough rambling. Here's the deal: Check their website right now. They often have specials that include spa treatments, dining credits, and even upgrades. Grab it while you can. Because, honestly, if I could, I'd book another weekend there myself right now. You deserve it, friend. Go. Book. And then… tell me what you think. I'm already planning my return trip. Let's just say, the bathrobe is calling my name.
Myrtle Beach Getaway: Staybridge Suites West - Your Perfect Oceanfront Escape!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, 'cause we're about to dive headfirst into my potentially disastrous, wildly unpredictable, and let's be honest, probably slightly unhinged adventure at the Sheraton Los Angeles San Gabriel. This isn't some pristine, perfectly planned itinerary. This is… me, in a hotel, trying to wrangle a bit of fun.
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Dim Sum Debacle (aka, My Stomach's Revenge)
- 1:00 PM: Arrival at LAX. Okay, so the flight was delayed because of "unexpected thunderstorms." Apparently, Los Angeles thinks rain is a national emergency. As if LA needs another reason for gridlock. My luggage arrived safely, but my sanity? Questionable.
- 2:30 PM: Check-in at Sheraton San Gabriel. The lobby is… beige. A lot of beige. Like, a beige-on-beige-on-beige situation. The receptionist seemed nice enough, though she kept eyeing my slightly rumpled travel attire. Okay, so I may have slept on the plane. Judge away, lady.
- 3:30 PM: The Room Reveal! Okay, the room is…adequate. Let's be honest, it's a hotel room. Carpet kinda felt like it might have seen some things. But, hey, the view? Not bad. A sprawling vista of… strip malls and palm trees. Quintessential Los Angeles, I guess.
- 4:30 PM: The Dim Sum Crusade. I went to a highly-rated dim sum place nearby. The reviews raved about the har gow, the siu mai… I was ready to be transported to Dim Sum Nirvana. But here's where things went south. The place was PACKED, the service was chaotic, and the food… Well, let's just say my stomach and I had a falling out. The shrimp dumplings tasted suspiciously… rubbery. And the spicy wontons? Let's just say the spice level was set to "Inferno." I'm pretty sure I saw a tear roll down my cheek. From the spice, of course.
- 7:00 PM: Retreat to the Hotel, Defeated. I ordered room service. Chicken noodle soup. Basic. Boring. But after that Dim Sum massacre, it was a culinary masterpiece. I think I hugged the soup bowl. I may also have watched a re-run of The Golden Girls and contemplated my life choices.
Day 2: Culture, Caffeine, and the Unexpected Charm of a Parking Garage
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast Buffet (a Disaster, But in a Good Way). Okay, the breakfast buffet. Let's just say it was… a buffet. Scrambled eggs that might have been sentient at one point. Soggy bacon. But the pastries! Oh, the pastries. Flaky, buttery, and enough to derail any healthy eating plan. I ate three. Don't judge me.
- 10:00 AM: The Huntington Library, Art Museum, and Botanical Gardens. FINALLY! Some culture! I wandered through the gardens, felt a pang of actual peace. The bonsai collection was stunning, the rose garden… well, it smelled amazing. The art museum? A bit intimidating, I’m gonna be honest. My brain is not the best at processing art. But, I saw some interesting stuff, and I pretended to be an art critic. “Interesting,” I mumbled to myself, stroking my chin. “Very interesting.”
- 1:00 PM: Coffee and Catastrophe at a Local Cafe. My blood sugar was dropping faster than my mood in the dim sum place. I headed to a cute little cafe. The coffee was great! The problem? I ordered a chocolate croissant. And the server… she gave me this look. Like I was ordering something so absurd. I swear, she almost snorted when she handed it to me with a glare. Who am I to judge what someone should enjoy? I just want my croissant.
- 2:00 PM: A Parking Garage Epiphany. For some reason, I was in a parking garage, searching for my UBER, the lighting was terrible and dingy. I just stood there as I waited. There was absolutely nothing to see. But something about that emptiness gave me a moment. I don't know what it was, but it was… tranquil… strange. (Don't judge me.)
- 3:00 PM: Back to the Sheraton For Some Much Needed Rest. I think I need to decompress from the sensory overload. This hotel feels like a safe harbor, if only, for tonight.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner at the Hotel Restaurant? I have a feeling this is going to be disappointing. I’m preparing myself.
Day 3: Departure and the Price of Perfection (or the Lack Thereof)
- 9:00 AM: Another Breakfast Buffet Assault… I Mean, Experience! I'm starting to recognize the staff. They recognize me. We're like a dysfunctional family, united by soggy bacon.
- 10:00 AM: Packing and reflecting. Did I mention the constant worry about whether I'm doing things right? I’m not sure what I’m supposed to do, but the hotel is a great resting place.
- 11:00 AM: Check-out and the Grand Finale. Okay, checkout was smooth. The person at the desk was pleasant, a small but welcome mercy after the culinary chaos of the past few days. I looked at the hotel one last time. It wasn't perfect, it wasn't a five-star experience. But it was mine. And that's better than perfect, right?
- 12:00 PM: Heading Home. Goodbye, San Gabriel. You were… interesting. And my stomach? Well, we're slowly, carefully, rebuilding trust.
So, there you have it! My Sheraton San Gabriel experience, in all its messy, imperfect glory. It wasn't glamorous, but it was real. And honestly? That's exactly the kind of trip I needed. And, heck, I think I'll be back again some day, for more dim sum debacles and beige-colored adventures.
Manila's Urban Deca Tower OYO 8: Your Dream Stay Awaits!
So, the big question: Is this a *hidden gem* like the title claims? Spill the tea already!
Alright, alright! Let's be real. "Hidden gem" is a HUGE claim. And honestly? It depends. If your idea of a gem is a slightly tarnished emerald with a few…character flaws? Then YES. It's a gem. I mean, *the deals* are often shockingly good. I snagged a room last month for like, fifty bucks a night! Fifty bucks! Granted, I kinda felt like I was living in a slightly upscale hospital ward, but for that price? I'm not complaining! It's hidden, alright – hidden from the exorbitant prices of some of those bougie LA hotels. But "hidden" also means, you know, you might have to, say, walk past a questionable smell in the hallway. More on that later.
What's actually *in* the hotel? Like, the *stuff*?
Okay, so the basics: it’s got rooms (shocking, I know!). They’re… spacious. Sometimes a little *too* spacious, if you know what I mean. Like, you could probably fit a small volleyball team in some of them. Then there's a pool, a gym, which, let me tell you, I *attempted* to use... once. It’s got that sterile, slightly intimidating gym vibe. And a restaurant! The restaurant is… there. I ate breakfast there once. The scrambled eggs were… well, they existed. Let's just say, I focused on the waffles. Oh, and there's a bar! Which is probably the gemmiest part. You can often find a surprisingly decent cocktail and some friendly locals. (Pro-tip: tip the bartender *well*!)
Let's talk *that smell*... you mentioned a smell?
Okay, yes. The smell. Look, it’s a hotel. Hotels have smells. Sometimes, those smells are… neutral. Sometimes they are, thankfully, fresh and clean. And sometimes… well, let's just say, there's a certain *je ne sais quoi* that can subtly waft through the hallways. It's not *always* there, mind you. It comes and goes. Maybe it's the cleaning products. Maybe it's… something else. I won't speculate. But brace yourself. Bring some Febreze. Or don’t. It's part of the experience, right? *shrugs* It wouldn't be the same without it, really. Kind of like…you know, life.
How's the location? Is it actually *in* LA? Or are we talking Burbank?
Okay, this is where the "hidden" part really kicks in. San Gabriel. Yes, technically in Los Angeles County. But it's… *outside* the usual tourist traps. Which is a *good* thing, if you're tired of the Hollywood hustle. It's close enough to Pasadena, which is lovely. You're also near a bunch of amazing Asian restaurants – seriously, some of the best dim sum I've ever had. It's a foodie paradise! But be prepared to drive. LA, as you know, is a sprawling beast. Traffic is a beast, too. Plan accordingly, and maybe download some podcasts. Seriously, *lots* of podcasts.
Give it to us straight: Is it worth it? Seriously.
Okay, honesty time. It's not the Four Seasons. It's not the Waldorf Astoria. It's not even going to be on a "Best Hotels in LA" list anytime soon. BUT… if you’re looking for a budget-friendly option with… *charm*? Yes. If you value a great deal and don't mind a little… patina? Absolutely. If you're the type who can laugh off the occasional unexpected aroma, the slightly dated decor, and the general feeling of being a bit… different? Then, yes. It’s worth it. I’d go back. I might even book it *right now*, just for the giggles.
Tell me about the pool... is it actually a pool... or more of a lukewarm puddle?
Okay, the pool. Right. The pool. It's… a pool. Let's start there. It exists. It's rectangular. It's… probably cleaned regularly? I mean, you *hope* so. I went for a swim once. Early morning, sun shining. The water was… refreshing. Slightly on the cooler side. It’s not like a luxurious resort pool with cascading waterfalls and swim-up bars. It’s a solid… hotel pool. People were lounging. Kids were splashing. I saw one guy reading a paperback. It was… fine. Look, I'm not a pool snob. It did its job. I didn't get any weird rashes, so that's a win! But is it a *destination* pool? Nah. It's just a… pool.
What's the biggest downside you found? Be honest.
Alright, here's the truth bomb. The *biggest* downside, for me, was the… inconsistency. One day the service was fantastic, the next it was… less so. One day the room was spotless, the next… well, see above re: smells. It's like, sometimes you get the A-team, and sometimes you get the… the B-minus crew. That can be frustrating. You never *quite* know what you're going to get. It’s like a box of chocolates. You know, Forrest Gump and all that. But hey, that element of unpredictability? It keeps things interesting, right? And, let's face it, it builds character.
Let's talk about *that one time* you went... what was your most memorable experience?
Oh, man. Okay, I have to tell you about the *hustle* for the breakfast buffet. I'm not a big breakfast person, normally. But the price! It was included in my room rate, and I was there. It was a Sunday. The place was packed! Families, couples, people nursing hangovers. The *energy* was palpable. I've described the food, but the REAL show was the *people*. There was this woman, *dressed to the nines*, absolutely *dominating* the bagel station. I mean, she was stacking them like she was building a Wall of Jericho! Then there was this kid, clearly trying to sneak an entire plate of bacon out. The sheer *effort*! I saw a full-blown argument erupt over the last waffle! And the staff… bless their hearts… they were troopers! That breakfast buffet, that's what I took home. It was pure, unadulterated, hotel-breakfast-inducedDigital Nomad Hotels

