Escape to Paradise: Uncover the Magic of Santa Rya Resort, Siwa Oasis
Escape to Paradise: Santa Rya Resort - Siwa Oasis. Buckle Up, Buttercup, It's Gonna Be AMAZING (Mostly!)
Okay, so real talk. I've just gotten back from Escape to Paradise: Santa Rya Resort in the Siwa Oasis, and I'm still unpacking. Literally and figuratively. This place? It's… a vibe. And you, dear reader, are probably looking for a review. Well, buckle up, because it’s going to be less "objective travel blog" and more "slightly unhinged vacation diary." Let's dive in, shall we?
Accessibility (or the Quest for the Accessible Oasis)
Okay, I'll be brutally honest and start with the stuff that needs improving. Accessibility in Siwa, in general, is… challenging. This isn't the fault of Santa Rya specifically, but the Siwa Oasis itself is a bit rugged. Think sand, uneven terrain, and a general "rustic charm." The resort does have facilities for disabled guests, and an elevator, which is huge. But navigating the grounds with a wheelchair might be a workout. I saw a few accessible pathways, but wasn't using a wheelchair myself to know if it's a perfect experience. The staff were incredibly helpful and willing to assist, but it's just something to be aware of. They also have rooms sanitized between stays so the cleaning is guaranteed!
Internet… Oh, the Internet! (And Other Modern Amenities)
Let's talk connectivity because… well, it matters. The good news? Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Hallelujah! And there's also Wi-Fi in public areas, which is, you know, expected in the year 2024. They also offer Internet [LAN] in the rooms, which is super useful for more secure and speedy connections! But, and this is a big but, the connection can be a tad… temperamental. Think of it as a sassy teenager – it works when it feels like it. However, there's Internet services to help out!
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Feast for the Senses (and Sometimes the Stomach)
Right, let's talk food. This is where Santa Rya really shines. The restaurants are fantastic, offering a mix of Asian, International, and, of course, local Egyptian cuisine. I'm not going to lie, the buffet in the restaurant at breakfast was the ultimate indulgence. Forget about counting calories. They have breakfast [buffet] and breakfast service, with everything from fresh fruit to pastries, the Western breakfast, and the Asian breakfast. The coffee/tea in restaurant was a daily ritual. Plus, they offer alternative meal arrangement so you can customize your food. Plus they have vegetarian restaurant too.
The Poolside bar is pure bliss. Imagine yourself lounging by the gorgeous Swimming pool [outdoor] sipping a cocktail. Bliss, right? They also have a Snack bar when you need a bite to eat.
Things to Do (and Ways to Completely Relax)
This is where Santa Rya really gets it right. Forget the humdrum of daily stress. They help you live the life!
- Ways to Relax… Oh, where do I even begin? The Spa is a must-do. Absolutely essential. Book a massage. Seriously, do it. My shoulders are still thanking me. They have a Spa/sauna where you can get a Body scrub, a Body wrap, and can make your way through the steamroom. The Sauna is top-notch. They even have a Foot bath.
- Fitness… If you're feeling energetic, they also have a Fitness center and a Gym/fitness.
- Swimming pool… You just have to take a dip in the Swimming pool. I personally loved the Pool with view.
Cleanliness and Safety: Peace of Mind in Paradise
Okay, let's get serious for a moment. COVID-19 and the world are… well, you know. Santa Rya takes cleanliness seriously. The Anti-viral cleaning products are a must. The Daily disinfection in common areas, and Professional-grade sanitizing services give you peace of mind. They also have Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, and Individually-wrapped food options. The staff follow very strong protocol: Staff trained in safety protocol, The resort has Hygiene certification, and they provide Hand sanitizer. They offer a Room sanitization opt-out available, so you can have a hand in how its being cleaned. They have Safe dining setup too. Plus, there's a Doctor/nurse on call and a First aid kit, just in case.
Rooms: Your Oasis Within the Oasis
Ah, the rooms! Mine was pure, unadulterated comfort. The Air conditioning was a lifesaver. Plus, you can enjoy the daily housekeeping. I loved a Free bottled water. They also provide Bathrobes, slippers, and the hair dryer, plus a wake-up service, and towels. The Seating area and Sofa were perfect for kicking back. The Bathroom phone was a bit retro, but hey, it worked! All Non-smoking rooms are available!
Services and Conveniences: They've Thought of Everything (Almost!)
Santa Rya offers a wealth of services to make your stay as smooth as possible. They provide Currency exchange, Luggage storage, Daily housekeeping, and a Concierge. Cash withdrawal is available, and a convenience store is on site! Plus, they have Air conditioning in public area.
For the Kids: Fun for the Whole Family!
Let's get into it! The resort provides a Babysitting service if you need some adult time. They have Kids facilities, and they have a Family/child friendly. They also provide Kids meal!
Getting Around: Exploring the Wonders of Siwa
I'm going to level straight with you, Airport transfer is your friend. Otherwise, you could get stranded! The resort provides Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], and Valet parking. But let's be honest, you'll need to get around with a Taxi service since the location is out there!
Other Important Bits and Bobs (Because Life Isn't Always Straightforward)
- Check-in/out [express] and Check-in/out [private] are available!
- They have a Smoking area, but the Non-smoking rooms were my preference!
- The Elevator is a godsend, trust me.
- The Front desk [24-hour] is always there for you.
The Imperfections: Because Real Life Ain't a Filtered Photo
No place is perfect, and Santa Rya, with all its charm, has a few quirks. The aforementioned internet. The occasional power blip. The slightly slow service sometimes. But honestly? They didn't dampen my experience. It's part of the authentic Siwa experience!
My Verdict: Go! Just, Go!
Santa Rya Resort is a fantastic experience. It offers a unique blend of relaxation, adventure, and cultural immersion. Is it perfect? No. Is it unforgettable? Absolutely.
Here's my pitch to you, dear reader:
ESCAPE TO PARADISE: Santa Rya Resort - Your Siwa Oasis Awaits!
Tired of the same old vacation? Craving an adventure that actually unwinds you? Then pack your bags and head to the Santa Rya Resort in the heart of the Siwa Oasis!
Here's what you'll get:
- Unrivaled Relaxation: Imagine yourself getting a massage while having a Spa, and sauna. Dip in the Swimming pool and experience pure bliss.
- Unforgettable Dining: Experience the best regional breakfast, lunch, and dinner! They have the Asian breakfast, buffet in restaurant, and they even provide vegetarian restaurant!
- Unmatched Comfort: Stay in style in a Non-smoking rooms with Air conditioning, and free Wi-Fi!
Plus, peace of mind:
- Stringent Hygiene: They're serious about your safety with anti-viral cleaning products, hand sanitizer, and staff trained in safety protocol!
Don't just dream of escape. Book it.
Book your stay at Santa Rya Resort, Siwa Oasis TODAY and get a free upgrade to a poolside room!
Click here [insert link here] to book your slice of paradise now!
#SantaRya #SiwaOasis #EgyptTravel #LuxuryTravel #SpaLife #TravelReview #AdventureTime #EscapeToParadise #VacationMode #BookNow
**Uno Hotel Heathrow: Windsor's Hidden Gem (Near London!)**
Okay, buckle up buttercups! We're diving headfirst into the Siwa Oasis, a land of salty lakes, ancient secrets, and enough sand to make you question the meaning of life. My itinerary? Well, let's just say "organized chaos" is my travel philosophy. Santa Raya Resort here we come!
Day 1: Sand, Sun, & Slightly Panicked Arrival
9:00 AM: Cairo Airport – Ugh, the Cairo Airport. It's like a human pressure cooker, complete with baggage carousels that eat suitcases and the constant, desperate plea for a "baksheesh" (tip) from every single soul. Found the driver, finally. He looked like a desert badger – eyes permanently squinted from the sun. Good sign.
10:00 AM: The Drive. This is where it gets real. The Sahara. For hours. I’m talking, "Is this the end of the world?" kind of emptiness. My initial thought? “Okay, I’m definitely going to need more water.” Later, around hour three, I was humming along to whatever awful pop song was on the driver’s radio. It’s a weird kind of hypnotic beauty, this desert. You start to internalize the silence.
3:00 PM: Santa Raya Arrival. Ah, the oasis! This resort is beautiful! I'm immediately obsessed with the architecture – all mud-brick and palm fronds, smelling like fresh earth and, weirdly, a hint of cinnamon. It's the kind of place where you expect a Lawrence of Arabia lookalike to wander past.
4:00 PM: The Pool. First impressions? Glorious! The water is the perfect temperature, and the sun beating down on my face… pure bliss. Spent far too long just floating, letting the stresses of the airport and the endless drive melt away. I nearly fell asleep!
5:30 PM: Dinner at the Resort Restaurant. The food! Oh, the food. They serve the local cuisine - and it's all so delicious. I'm not sure what half of it is, but I've decided I love everything. The date milkshakes? Life-changing. This is what I'm here for! I’ve already promised myself a second one tonight.
8:00 PM: Stargazing on the Roof. The desert sky at night? Forget diamonds, it's a whole solar system of pure magic. No light pollution, just a million glittering pinpricks in the black velvet. Spent what felt like an eternity just gazing up, trying (and failing) to remember my constellations. Definitely a “wow” moment. Even the mosquitos couldn't distract me. (Okay, maybe a LITTLE bit).
Day 2: Salt Lakes, Sandboarding, and a Near-Death Experience (Okay, Maybe a Slight Overstatement)
8:00 AM: Breakfast: More dates, more strong Egyptian coffee, and a side of scrambled eggs. I'm pretty sure I'm already addicted to this food.
9:00 AM: The Salt Lakes. We rented a jeep. The sheer expanse of the salt lakes is mind-blowing. It’s like a giant, shimmering mirror reflecting the sky. The water is impossibly buoyant – you literally float! Spent a good hour just laughing and spinning in the water. It was pure, unadulterated joy. Note to self: Bring a towel!
11:30 AM: Sandboarding. Oh, man. This was both exhilarating and mortifying. The sand dunes are monstrous, and the sandboard… well, let’s just say I’m not exactly a natural. My first attempt involved a spectacular faceplant and a mouthful of sand. The second attempt was… marginally better. Third time? I actually managed to stand up! Briefly. Ended up walking down the hill, defeated, but laughing so hard my stomach hurt.
1:00 PM: Lunch in the Desert. We were invited to a lovely meal with a local Bedouin family. They sat on the ground, they cook everything on the fire. I loved it; great way to experience the culture. The Bedouin tea – strong, sweet, and perfect.
3:00 PM: Cleopatra's Spring. They say Cleopatra bathed here. I'm pretty sure the ancient queen didn't have to share it with a gaggle of selfie-stick wielding tourists, but hey, it's beautiful. The water is crystal clear and perfectly warm, surrounded by lush palm trees. Pure paradise.
5:00 PM: Sunset over the desert. Dramatic, breathtaking. Even with the crowd, it's impossible not to be moved by the colors. The sky turns this unbelievable shade of pink and orange, lighting up the dunes. It's like the desert is on fire, in the best possible way.
7:00 PM: Dinner back at the resort. Chicken Tagine - amazing. I may or may not have ordered the date milkshake again. Don’t judge me!
8:30 PM: The Resort's Lounge. I tried to learn some Arabic with a local guide. I’m now proficient in saying “Thank you,” “Hello,” and “Where’s the toilet?” (important skills!).
Day 3: Temple Visits, Mysterious Tombs, and a Moment of Profound Inner Peace (Followed by a Mild Melt-Down)
9:00 AM: Breakfast, feeling more relaxed than ever. Dates. Coffee. Rinse and repeat. I think I'm starting to become one with the oasis.
10:00 AM: Temple of Amun. Wow. Ancient ruins, steeped in history. The sheer scale of it… it’s humbling. I was trying to imagine what life was like back then, who walked these halls. I kept having these sudden waves of emotion washed over me. I could feel something.
11:30 AM: The Mountain of the Dead. Some tombs are so beautiful, so ornate, and preserved. Others are very basic. What's the story of life and death? It's a profound question. I felt a strange mix of fascination and unease wandering through the dusty tombs.
1:00 PM: Lunch at a Local Restaurant in Siwa Town. Fell in love again with the local food, a simple meal of fresh bread, dates, and some kind of spiced meat. I have never been this healthy.
2:30 PM: The Siwa Fortress. What a view! The fortress itself is mostly ruins, but the view over the oasis is incredible.
4:00 PM: A massage at Santa Raya's spa. This was the most relaxing experience I've ever had.
5:30 PM: The Meltdown. I had an inexplicable moment of crippling sadness. I suddenly missed my life back home. I was overwhelmed by it all: the beauty, the history, the sand. I just needed a moment to regroup.
7:00 PM: Dinner, after a long shower. I was much better now.
8:00 PM: Early night.
Day 4: Departure and a Promise
8:00 AM: One last breakfast, dates, coffee. Feeling a mix of sadness and serenity.
9:00 AM: Farewell to the Santa Raya. The staff were so kind and welcoming, they made me feel like I was part of their family.
10:00 AM: The long drive back to Cairo. The silence of the desert again. And I had a lot to think about.
3:00 PM: Cairo. The chaos again. This time, I was ready.
4:00 PM: Cairo Airport. I'm already planning my return to Siwa. I left a piece of my heart in the desert.
Evening: Plane home!
Imperfections:
- I'm terrible at remembering names.
- Got sunburned.
- Ate way too many dates.
- Cried.
Emotional Rating: 10/10 - Would absolutely recommend. Definitely bring an open mind, a sense of adventure, and a LOT of sunscreen. You’ll need it.
This trip wasn't just about seeing the sights; it was about feeling. And that's what made it truly special.
Unbelievable Siya Homestay: Chikmagalur's BEST Kept Secret (TripThrill Review!)
Escape to Paradise: Santa Rya Resort - You *Need* to Know This Before You Go! (Seriously)
Okay, so Santa Rya... Is Siwa *Really* as Magical as the Brochure Makes it Out To Be?
Look, let's be real. Brochures? They're basically travel porn. Siwa *is* magical. But okay, the brochures omit the part where you might feel like you've wandered onto a different planet – a beautiful, dusty, kind-of-sleepy planet. It's not like, instant Instagram perfection. You gotta *find* the magic. And believe me, it's there. Like, the sunsets over the salt lakes? Utterly bonkers. Forget the filter. You *won't* need one.
But here’s the *thing*: Prepare for a serious disconnect. Wi-Fi is… a suggestion. My first day? I was in a total panic. Needed to check emails! Needed to update my followers! Then, a local kid, maybe 8 years old, pointed at the sunset. "Pretty, no?" he said with a grin. And I just… stopped. And it *was* pretty. Really pretty. So, pack a good book, a journal, and embrace the off-grid life. You'll thank me later.
The Resort Itself – Santa Rya. Is it Worth the Hype (and the Price Tag)?
Alright, Santa Rya. It's… stunning. Okay? Just stunning. The eco-friendly design really works. Think traditional Siwan architecture meets seriously luxurious comfort. My room? Oh, the room! Private plunge pool, a view of the dunes… I considered never leaving. And trust me, I'm a fussy traveler. I usually find *something* to complain about. But honestly? Hard to fault it. The staff are genuinely lovely, the food… well, we'll get to the food in a sec.
But be warned: "Eco-friendly" means you might experience the occasional… dust bunny. Or a tiny scorpion scampering across the floor (it happened to me, I swear! I screamed like a little girl!). They're harmless, apparently. But I *swear* I spent the next hour inspecting everything. So, yeah. Eco-chic comes with a side of "nature." Don't say I didn't warn you.
The Food! What's the Deal? Anything Beyond the "Exotic Arabic Cuisine" Buzzwords?
Okay, food. This is a *big* deal. The Santa Rya restaurant is *good*. Like, really, really good. And because it's Siwa, it’s not some generic Middle Eastern buffet. It’s… authentic. Think fresh dates (the Siwan dates are legendary), tagines bursting with flavour, and bread baked in a traditional clay oven. It's a culinary *adventure*.
My advice? Be adventurous! Try everything! I, however, had a minor meltdown the first night. They served something called "Lamb with spices" – I'm not normally a lamb person, but the waiter (who was super patient, by the way!) insisted. He kept smiling. And I panicked! I had this image from my head of an entire roast sheep right in front of me. I nearly cried. Ended up ordering spaghetti. (Don't judge! Long flight! Jet lag! Anyway…) The next day, I bravely ordered the lamb again, and it was… incredible. So, yeah. Embrace the unknown, even if you're secretly a pasta person at heart.
Activities! What is there to DO besides, you know, *breathe*?
Oh, there's plenty to do! Dune bashing (SO much fun!), exploring the ancient Shali Fortress (mind-blowing!), visiting the Cleopatra Spring (don't expect Cleopatra herself, but it's still lovely!), and… well, breathing is a pretty big one. I spent a lot of time just… looking at the scenery. It's that distracting.
The dune bashing… oh my god. Seriously. The first five minutes, I was screaming! The driver, a local guy named Farid, just kept laughing. It's like a rollercoaster made of sand! But then... then I kinda got it. It was exhilarating! And the colours! The light! Absolutely breathtaking. I even managed to take a somewhat decent photo. Key takeaway: hold on tight and trust Farid. He knows what he's doing. I definitely don’t, but I did learn the hard way.
What about the Mosquitos? I’m a Magnet!
Okay, mosquito situation. Listen, if you are a mosquito magnet, you're in for a challenge. I am, and it was… an experience. The resort provides mosquito nets, and they are your *best friend*. Use them. Wear long sleeves in the evening. Bring lots of repellent. And learn to embrace the itchy reality. I *did* have a few battles with the little blighters. I lost a few times. But hey, a few bites are a small price to pay for the magic of Siwa, right? Right?
Is it Safe? Should I be worried about… you know… traveling to Egypt?
Look, I'm not a security expert. But I felt safe. Siwa is… different. It's remote. The people are incredibly welcoming. There's a strong sense of community. The resort has security, obviously. Do your research, read travel advisories, and trust your gut. I never once felt uneasy during my stay. In fact, when I left, I felt more sad than anything else. I never realized how much everyone made me feel at home.
Logistics and Transport: How do I even *get* to Siwa?
Okay, this is where it gets a little less "instant paradise." Getting to Siwa is an adventure in itself. Most people fly into Cairo and then either take a very long bus ride (like, a *really* long one), a private transfer (more expensive, but way quicker), or a connecting flight to a smaller airport nearby, followed by a drive. I took the private transfer, which I'd highly recommend if you're not a huge bus person. It's a loooong drive, and the scenery is… well, it's desert. But think of it as a pre-game show. It really builds the anticipation! Just, you know, pack snacks. Lots of snacks. And a good playlist. Mine was, alas, sadly lacking-- I started with "Africa" by Toto, and by the time we arrived, I was heartily sick of it. Take notes. Also, maybe take a travel sickness pill, justYour Stay Hub

