Cotopaxi Volcano Views: Unforgettable Stay at Quito's Balcon al Cotopaxi!

Balcon al Cotopaxi Hosteria Quito Ecuador

Balcon al Cotopaxi Hosteria Quito Ecuador

Cotopaxi Volcano Views: Unforgettable Stay at Quito's Balcon al Cotopaxi!

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the fluffy clouds and fiery drama (metaphorically, of course, unless the volcano decides to act up!) of Cotopaxi Volcano Views: Unforgettable Stay at Quito's Balcon al Cotopaxi! – and let me tell you, this isn't just a hotel review, it's… well, it's me trying to wrangle my thoughts after spending a blissful, chaotic, and utterly memorable few days up in the Andes. SEO? Yeah, we’ll sprinkle some keywords in there, but mostly, this is about the feeling, the real, grimy, glorious feeling of being there.

First Impressions: The View That Stole My Soul (and My Breath – Quito Altitude, People!)

Okay, let’s be straight: “Balcon al Cotopaxi”? They aren’t kidding. You emerge from the car (or, you know, the airport transfer – more on that later) and BAM! Cotopaxi Volcano, just there. Majestic. Imposing. A goddamn postcard come to life. Honestly, I gasped. Like, a proper, air-sucking, “whoa” kind of gasp. The kind where you kinda forget why you're there, briefly, because you just, are staring into the face of incredible natural beauty. Forget Instagram, this view is going straight to your soul.

Accessibility: A Mixed Bag (and a Reminder That Travel Ain't Perfect)

Now, I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on accessibility needs. But from what I could see, and from what's listed online, this place has a few things in place for guests. There’s an elevator, which is a HUGE win in a hilly location, and they mention "facilities for disabled guests." But, and this is a big but, it's not perfectly clear what those facilities are, so definitely double-check with the hotel before you book if you have specific needs. Getting around the hotel itself seemed relatively easy – exterior corridors are helpful (I'm assuming for accessibility), and the staff seemed attentive, but yeah, important to clarify before you book. This is a really important point for this type of property. It’s also important to mention whether the taxi service is accessible or not.

The Internet: We’re Connected (Thankfully!)

Look, I need internet. I'm a millennial, I live on the internet, and I need to update my socials and share the view. They offer Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, and I can confirm it actually WORKED. I also saw Internet [LAN] listed, but let’s be real, who's plugging in a cable these days? Wi-Fi in public areas was also pretty solid. The internet also helped when I needed to do some unexpected work, so it's really useful.

Food, Glorious Food (and a Few Hiccups)

Okay, the food. Let’s talk food. This is where things get interesting. They have restaurants, a coffee shop, and, praise be, room service [24-hour]. I’m a glutton for punishment, and I tried it all.

  • Breakfast: Asian, Western, Buffet – Honestly, the breakfast buffet was pretty good, with a decent selection of everything. Their fruit was incredible, like, juicy, sunshine-in-your-mouth incredible. I may have eaten my weight in mangoes. The Asian Breakfast seemed more limited compared to the Western breakfast.
  • Lunch and Dinner: They also offered A la carte options, which kept things interesting, and I can tell you that the soup in restaurant was perfect for the altitude sickness! I did try a salad in restaurant, and it was fresh and delicious and felt like a breath of fresh air.
  • The Bar: Happy hour was… well, happy. The drinks were strong (thank goodness!). I found some of the wine on offer, a bit underwhelming. The Poolside bar was a bonus.
  • Room Service: Room service was a lifesaver after a long day of exploring, and let’s be honest, sometimes I just wanted to stay in my room and stare at the volcano.

The Spa: When You Need to Un-Crinkle Your Brain

Alright, let's talk about getting pampered. The "Spa" section. I went full-on "treat yo'self." (Parks & Rec fan here)

  • The Massage: Okay, I got a massage. It was heaven. The kind of massage that melts your muscles and makes you forget your name. Definitely recommend.
  • The Sauna and Steamroom: The Spa/sauna, and Steamroom where great, it's nice after a long day of walking around.
  • Body Wrap and Body Scrub, with a foot bath: I didn’t experience these, but they were on offer, and honestly, who doesn’t love a good scrub down?

Things to Do (Beyond Just Breathing the Mountain Air!)

Cotopaxi Volcano Views is a great location for exploring, though a bit of a drive from the city of Quito. This hotel has a lot of offerings including, meeting spaces.

  • Meeting and Banqueting Facilities: Great for businesses.
  • Outdoor venue for special events: I can only imagine what a wedding would be like here!
  • A Fitness center and a Swimming pool, pool with a view: The hotel offered a swimming pool, but I wasn’t drawn to the outdoor space.
  • For the kids: They have some family-friendly options.

Cleanliness and Safety: (Feeling Safe, in a Post-Pandemic World.)

This is a big one, post-pandemic. They were all about it. They mentioned all the usual stuff: Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer everywhere, and Staff trained in safety protocol. I even saw Sterilizing equipment! They were also offering Rooms sanitized between stays and Room sanitization opt-out available. I’m always kind of weird about that, but it's good that the option exists. Cashless payment service also made things easy. They had a doctor/nurse on call for emergencies. Very reassuring.

The Rooms: Cozy Cocoon, Volcano View Included

My room? It was comfortable. Not overly fancy, but clean, well-maintained. The Air conditioning was much appreciated. And, oh my god, the view.

  • Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathtub, Bathrobes, Blackout curtains, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Non-smoking, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.

I had a seating area which was nice. I did have a mini bar, which was tempting, but I resisted because I had to save space for mangoes. I would have liked a bigger mirror in the bathroom.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Make a Big Difference

They thought of everything, and the Concierge service was invaluable. This is a great place for people who want to plan for their trip.

  • Airport transfer - a must, especially up in the mountains.
  • Concierge - Fantastic, helpful with everything.
  • Car park [free of charge] - Always a bonus.
  • Facilities for disabled guests - worth checking if you need them.
  • Laundry service - Needed it.
  • Luggage storage - very convenient.
  • Safety deposit boxes - nice for peace of mind.
  • Breakfast in room - ideal for lazy mornings.

Quirks, Imperfections, and the Stuff Nobody Tells You

Okay, the truth? It’s not all rainbows and perfectly-arranged fruit platters.

  • The Altitude: Quito is high. REALLY high. Take it easy on your first day. Walk slowly. Drink water. Don't be a hero. I made the mistake of trying to hike on the first day and spent the afternoon panting like a dog. Learned my lesson. The air is thin, and you will feel it.
  • The Staff: Generally, the staff were friendly and helpful. But there were a few times where there was a slight language barrier, and it made minor things a bit more complicated. But they tried their best and were always eager to please.
  • The Shower: (Or, the Battle of the Water Pressure): The shower water pressure was… variable. Sometimes it was a gentle trickle. Other times, a welcome blast. It just depends.

The Emotional Verdict: Would I Go Back? Absolutely. (And You Should Too!)

Look, Cotopaxi Volcano Views is an amazing experience. It boasts incredible views, a staff that makes you feel so welcome, the food's

Unbelievable Roswell Getaway: DoubleTree by Hilton Luxury Awaits!

Book Now

Balcon al Cotopaxi Hosteria Quito Ecuador

Balcon al Cotopaxi Hosteria Quito Ecuador

Okay, buckle up, buttercup! You're about to get a travel itinerary to Balcon al Cotopaxi Hosteria that's less “polished brochure” and more "slightly chaotic, jet-lagged journal entry." Consider yourself warned.

Balcon del Cotopaxi Hosteria: The Slightly Unhinged Adventure (Quito, Ecuador)

(Disclaimer: This is my version. Yours might be different. Probably better. But hopefully, more fun.)

Day 1: Arrival - The Altitude is a Liar, and So is My Luggage

  • Morning (Pre-Flight Chaos): Wake up feeling like I'm going to conquer the world. Pack meticulously. Triple-check the passport. Feel smug. (This is a lie. I'll be a wreck later.)
  • Flight: Actually, I’m relatively smooth sailing, though I swear the guy next to me sneezed directly into my hair. (Bless him, I guess?) Try to sleep, fail, and end up devouring half a bag of airplane pretzels. Judge myself harshly.
  • Afternoon (Touching Down in Quito - Gulp!): Quito airport. It's bigger than I expected, smaller than I hoped for the perfect airport. The air, thin, a silent judge. The luggage carousel, a carousel of broken dreams. My suitcase… vanished. Gone. Poof. Great. The airline assures me it’ll turn up. I assure myself I'll survive on the contents of my backpack (which, let's be honest, is mostly snacks and a travel-sized bottle of hand sanitizer).
  • Late Afternoon/Early Evening (The Hosteria's Embrace): Taxi ride to Balcon al Cotopaxi. Holy moly, the drive is… winding. Up, up, up the Andes mountains we go! The views are breathtaking, and I'm already feeling the altitude. Think I will be fine. Reaching the hosteria, I gasp, literally. Not just for the gorgeous view of the Cotopaxi volcano (which IS magnificent, by the way), but because I'm short of breath. The altitude is a sneaky little liar, stealing your oxygen without your permission. Check in. Embrace the rustic charm. The hot water works intermittently. Again, great.
  • Evening (Dinner and Existential Dread): Dinner at the hosteria restaurant. The food is actually AMAZING. I demolish the locro (potato soup) and a plate of grilled chicken. The wine is… okay. Maybe. Altitude makes it hard to judge. Conversation with a fellow traveler. He seems… enlightened. I feel like I'm still trying to figure out how the shower works. Stare at the volcano. Contemplate the meaning of life. Realize I forgot to pack a toothbrush. Again, this is the part where I start to panic.

Day 2: Cotopaxi, Coffee, and Contemplating my Pants

  • Morning (Cotopaxi, You Beautiful Beast!): Rise and shine (eventually). The sun hits the volcano perfectly. This is the postcard stuff. Arrange for a guided hike up to the base camp. I need to decide if hiking in jeans is ever a good idea. (Spoiler alert: it's not.) The altitude is a little better today, or maybe I'm just getting used to feeling like a fish out of water.
  • Late Morning/ Early Afternoon (Hiking the Colossus): The hike is…strenuous. The air is even thinner, and I’m huffing and puffing like a broken accordion. The guide keeps asking me if I am ok, which I take as a judgement. But the views…oh, the views. The landscape is lunar-ish, dramatic, with rocky terrain and high-altitude plants. The hike itself is slow. This gives me time to think. The world is vast and wonderful. I'm sweating. I'm regretting the lack of sunscreen. I'm also kind of digging it.
  • Afternoon (The Coffee Ritual): Back at the hosteria, completely wiped. Reward myself with a cup of Ecuadorian coffee. Strong stuff! The caffeine hits me like a bolt of lightning. I start feeling alive again, and that is something worth considering. The coffee ritual? It’s a serious thing here. They know how to make a cup of joe that slaps you in the face with flavor. I have three cups. Am I going to sleep tonight? Who knows?
  • Late Afternoon/Evening (Laundry, Lost Pants, and a Wild Goose Chase): Try to do laundry (a vital task when traveling with only a backpack). The machine is… temperamental. (You sensing a theme yet?). One pair of my pants… disappears into the abyss (probably the same abyss that swallowed my suitcase). I embark on a frantic search. Ask the staff. Ask other guests. Become convinced a rogue monkey is running off with my clothing. Find nothing. Give up, accepting the pants are gone. Vow to only wear skirts from now on. Or maybe I just won’t leave the bed.

Day 3: Exploring The Valley - and the Question of Sunscreen Again

  • Morning (Exploring the Valley and Feeling Like a Tourist): Determined to make the most of it, I rent a car and drive around the valley. It's all gorgeous, but I feel… like a tourist. A slightly lost tourist in a rental car with air conditioning that only works half the time. There are little towns. And churches. And more incredible views. I stop to take pictures. Probably take too many.
  • Afternoon (Chasing Waterfalls and My Own Shadow): The guide I met yesterday mentions a waterfall. After some research, I decide to brave the trek. It turns out much further and trickier than anticipated, and my boots are not ideal for scrambling over rocks. I reach the waterfall, soak my feet in the freezing water, and feel a sense of accomplishment. Remember I should have reapplied sunscreen. Curse the sun.
  • Evening (Farewell Dinner - and the Great Luggage Miracle): My last night at the hosteria. More delicious food. More staring at the volcano. More existential pondering. Suddenly, I receive a life-altering message: My luggage has been found! Delivered. Rejoice! The world feels slightly less chaotic. Celebrate with a well-deserved glass of wine (or three). Promise myself to return.

Day 4: Departure - and the Enduring Memory of That Waterfall

  • Morning (Leaving, Feeling a Bit Hollow, and the Promise of Home): Farewell to the volcano, which is still breathtaking. The hosteria staff waves goodbye.
  • Flight: I am leaving, but part of me will always be there, somewhere up in the clouds, chasing a waterfall, and looking for my missing pants. The flight? Smooth. Uneventful. Almost boring.
  • Afternoon: Land. Reclaim luggage. Feel like I’ve seen the real world, and it’s an imperfect, beautiful mess. Start planning my next adventure.

Final Thoughts:

  • The Hosteria: Rustic, charming, perfectly imperfect. The staff are wonderful. The views are out of this world. Go. Just go. Pack layers. Don't forget ALL of the sunscreen. And maybe wear pants you’re okay with losing.
  • The Altitude: It's a bully. Be prepared.
  • The Coffee: It is your friend.
  • The Experience: Messy. Memorable. Wonderful. And I wouldn't trade it for anything.
FabHotel Anutham: Delhi NCR's BEST Hidden Gem Hotel? You WON'T Believe This!

Book Now

Balcon al Cotopaxi Hosteria Quito Ecuador

Balcon al Cotopaxi Hosteria Quito EcuadorOkay, buckle up Buttercup. We're diving headfirst into the Balcon al Cotopaxi and the whole darn view situation. Forget perfect prose, this is gonna be real. We're talking about experiencing the Cotopaxi from, well, a balcony! Let's get messy!

Okay, spill the tea: Is the Cotopaxi view *really* as epic as everyone says?

Alright, alright. Let's be honest. I went in with the hype-machine turned up HIGH. Cotopaxi's legend? It's everywhere. And the Balcon al Cotopaxi? They're practically *begging* you to fall in love. So, was it epic? Well... yes. And no. (Ugh, I hate being wishy-washy, but bear with me.) The first morning? COMPLETE CLOUD COVER. I woke up, practically *salivating* for that Instagram shot, flung open the curtains, and... NOTHING. Just white. Like a giant, fluffy pillow had engulfed the mountain. My heart did a little *thud* of disappointment. You know, that "did I waste my money?" thud? But the *next* day? HOLY MOLY. It was a sunrise that ripped through the sky. Flaming oranges, pinks, purples... and then BAM! There it was. The Cotopaxi. Majestic. Dominating the landscape. I nearly tripped over my own feet running for my camera. I'm getting goosebumps just remembering it! So yeah, when the mountain *decides* to show up? It's epic. Don't bank on it every single second, though. Nature's got its own schedule. Be prepared for the tease.

Balcon al Cotopaxi: Is it *actually* a balcony? And how good is the view *from* the balcony?

Yes! And Yes-ish. Okay, again with the qualification. It's a proper balcony. You can stand out there, sip your coffee, feel the air. It's lovely. The view *from* the balcony depends entirely on what the weather gods are feeling that day. My room? Let's just say it was... *ahem*... strategically placed. I swear, the way it was angled, the balcony was *made* for Cotopaxi-gazing. I spent HOURS just staring. I actually got a little *too* comfortable. I found myself neglecting my (much-needed) shower in favor of watching the mountain change colors with the light. Don’t tell anyone my personal hygiene has to be compromised, but... yeah, the balcony's view is a temptation. The place *itself* is pretty rustic, not some high-falutin' luxury hotel. But the balcony's view? That, my friends, is a reason to go (maybe the only reason).

The Food! Tell me about the food. Are you starving?

Okay, so food. This is where the experience gets... interesting. Like, "interesting" in the way you describe a car crash. The breakfast was... well, let's just say it wasn't the *main* draw. Think basic continental fare. Bread, jam, maybe some fruit. The coffee was decent, thankfully, because you definitely need something to fuel that Cotopaxi viewing. Lunch? Well, I had a pre-packed sandwich. I didn't have to pay. I was thrilled when I got it, because, like I said, it was *basic.* I wouldn't go there because of the food, but... you're there for the view. Focus on the view. Pack snacks. Lots of snacks. That's my advice.

Is it worth it to wake up crazy early to see the sunrise?

YES. A thousand times YES. Okay, so I am NOT a morning person. I *hate* waking up early. But the sunrise? Changed. My. Life. (Okay, maybe not *changed* my life, but it was darn good.) It was so quiet. So peaceful. The way the light hit the snow... Forget your alarm, set your soul to *see*. Don't be a lazy bum, get up! You will not regret it. Even if you grumble the whole way. Trust me. The grumbling is worth it. You'll be buzzing for hours after, just soaking in all the beauty.

What about the altitude? Did you struggle to breathe?

Oh, the altitude. Yeah, that little devil. I acclimatized for a day in Quito before heading to the Balcon. It still hit me! The first day, I was *panting* just walking up the stairs. Imagine like, a little old lady, huffing and puffing, her face bright red. That was me! I kept my pace slow and steady, drank a ton of water, and chewed coca leaves (they're legal there!). It helped, I think. The worst of it was the first night. Headaches, a bit of nausea, and a general feeling of "What have I done?". But by the second day, I was *kinda* used to it. Still huffing and puffing, but less like I was about to keel over. Remember to listen to your body! And don't even *think* about running up the mountain right away!

Would you go back to the Balcon al Cotopaxi?

Honestly? Yes. Absolutely. Even with the basic food, the unpredictable weather, and the altitude headaches. Why? Because that view. That breathtaking, awe-inspiring, "I can't believe I'm actually seeing this" view. The fact that the hotel itself doesn't have all the bells and whistles? That's what makes it real. It's about experiencing the raw beauty of the mountain, not about being pampered. And frankly, the experience gave me an excellent story for the grandkids. So, yeah. I'd go back. Maybe I'd pack a few extra snacks this time, and maybe a tiny oxygen tank. But yes. I'd go back in a heartbeat. Just for that moment when the clouds part and you see... Cotopaxi. Perfection, imperfections and all.
Hotel Search Trek

Balcon al Cotopaxi Hosteria Quito Ecuador

Balcon al Cotopaxi Hosteria Quito Ecuador

Balcon al Cotopaxi Hosteria Quito Ecuador

Balcon al Cotopaxi Hosteria Quito Ecuador