Escape to Paradise: Capital O Hotel La Siesta's Gomez Palacio Getaway
Escape to Paradise? More Like… Unexpectedly Awesome: A Messy Review of Capital O Hotel La Siesta, Gomez Palacio
Okay, so I just got back from the Capital O Hotel La Siesta's Gomez Palacio Getaway. "Escape to Paradise," right? Let's just say my expectations were… well, they were somewhere. And guess what? They were exceeded. In a slightly chaotic, wonderfully imperfect kinda way. This place isn't a sterile Instagram haven. It's real. And for that, I kinda loved it.
First Things First: The Accessibility Stuff (Because, You Know, Important!)
Look, I didn't personally need super specific accessibility features, but I always pay attention. Accessibility is listed, which is a good start. Elevator present – crucial. I noticed designated parking, which is a great sign. I didn't get a chance to fully scope out the specifics like the Facilities for disabled guests though. A shout-out to the Front desk [24-hour]! Plus, a good Doorman is always a plus, but not an essential that defines my overall stay.
Getting Down to the Nitty Gritty: Rooms and Comfort (And the Minor Annoyances!)
My room? Okay, let's be honest. "Slightly dated charm" is the polite way to put it. But hey, the Air conditioning blasted ice-cold gloriousness, a must in Durango heat. And the Blackout curtains? Lifesavers. Seriously. Sleep is precious, and La Siesta understood.
- Available in all rooms: Air conditioning ✅ (bless!), Alarm clock ✅ (though I just used my phone), Bathrobes (couldn't bring myself to use em), Bathroom phone (lol, who even…?), Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.
The Wi-Fi [free] was a lifesaver (and a necessity for this review!). The speed was… variable. Let's just say I spent an unplanned amount of time staring at loading screens while trying to upload Instagram stories of my very important (and slightly ridiculous) vacation. The Internet access – LAN was also available, which can be good if you're old school.
- The “Extras”: They included Additional toilet, which I would have appreciated. The Soundproofing was decent. The Scale? Let's just say I avoided that particular piece of equipment.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Buffet Bonanza and Beyond!
Okay, so food. This is where La Siesta really shines. The Breakfast [buffet] was… incredible. I'm talking mountains of fresh fruit, an omelet station where the chefs actually remembered your order, and enough pastries to make me question all my life choices. Seriously, the Asian breakfast was tempting. There was a Coffee/tea in restaurant was available which was good. There was a big International cuisine in restaurant as well.
- Dining Option Galore: A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant
I can't remember seeing a Bottle of water being freely available though.
The Room service [24-hour] was a godsend after a long day. Let me just say, a plate of nachos at 1 am while watching a terrible movie? Pure bliss.
Relaxation Station: The Spa, The Pool, and the Sauna (Oh My!)
Alright, let's get to the good stuff. The Spa? Yes. Just… yes. I dove headfirst into the Massage. Pure. Unadulterated. Relaxation. My therapist's hands were magic. Seriously. I felt like I'd been kneaded by angels.
- Spa Amenities: Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]
The Swimming pool [outdoor] called my attention. The Fitness center was decent. I skipped it. I was on vacation!
Cleanliness and Safety (Because, You Know, the World):
Okay, let's be honest. COVID-19 has changed everything. I appreciated the visible effort. I always check Hand sanitizer, First aid kit, the Daily disinfection in common areas. They were using Anti-viral cleaning products, and things seemed clean. I didn't notice any Hot water linen and laundry washing. The Hygiene certification wasn’t visible though. There was Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, which was noticeable.
- Safety and Sanitation Measures: Cashless payment service, Doctor/nurse on call, Individually-wrapped food options, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Shared stationery removed, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment
Things to Do and See (Beyond the Room – Surprisingly!):
Gomez Palacio itself is a fascinating place. The hotel is close to some local attractions. A shoutout to the Gift/souvenir shop which I didn't fully explore.
- Beyond the Hotel Walls: Audio-visual equipment for special events, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Currency exchange, Food delivery, Interior venue for special events, On-site event hosting. The Hotel's Convenience store can be helpful.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter
Daily housekeeping? A lifesaver, especially after my messy attempt to make coffee in the room. Laundry service, Dry cleaning were available. And yes, the Ironing service was used. No judgement, please.
- Useful Services: Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center
For the Kids (If You Have 'Em):
I didn’t have kids. Babysitting service was listed.
- Hotel's Kids Amenities: Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal
Getting Around (The Logistics):
Airport transfer? Yup, and it was smooth. Car park [free of charge] was simple.
- Traveling Facilites: Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking
The Final Verdict:
Look, the Capital O Hotel La Siesta isn't perfect. It's got its quirks. But it also has a huge heart. It's a place where you can actually relax, not just pretend to. The staff were genuinely friendly and helpful, the spa was heavenly, and the food was… well, let's just say I have a newfound appreciation for the humble omelet. I'd go back in a heartbeat. And, frankly, I already miss it.
**The "Escape to Paradise" Offer (
Luxury Lamartine 619: Your Dream Mexico City Condo Awaits!
Alright, buckle up buttercup, because this ain't your grandma's pristine itinerary. We're diving headfirst into the glorious, chaotic mess that is my trip to the Capital O Hotel La Siesta in Gomez Palacio, Mexico. Consider this less a polished travel plan, and more of a rambling, tequila-fueled journal entry.
The Very Chaotic Itinerary (AKA "Operation: Survive Gomez Palacio, Mostly Intact")
Day 1: Arrival & Utter Confusion (Welcome to Mexico!)
- 12:00 PM (ish): Arrive at the airport. Jet lag? Nah, more like, "Where the hell am I?" My Spanish is… well, let's just say "lost" is my default setting. The taxi driver? He looked vaguely like a luchador, which immediately filled me with a mix of terror and excitement. (He probably heard me mumbling, "Just get me to the La Siesta, please, and pray I understand something…")
- 1:00 PM: Check-in at La Siesta. The lobby? Surprisingly elegant, a stark contrast to my slightly sweaty, travel-worn self. Trying to understand the front desk person? Mission impossible, the Spanish was a firehose of information. Managed to stumble my way into my room (thanks, Google Translate!). It's hot here, I mean, really hot. Already plotting my escape to the pool.
- 2:00 PM: The dreaded unpacking. Ugh. My suitcase exploded. I swear, packing is a talent I just don’t possess. I’m already regretting bringing those extra shoes.
- 3:00 PM: Pool Time! (Hallelujah!) The pool at La Siesta? Surprisingly delightful. Actually, scratch that – it was heaven. Crystal clear, the perfect temperature… and the staff brought me a ridiculously strong margarita. I'm pretty sure I saw the sun start to spin. This is what living is all about.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner at the hotel restaurant. Ordered something vaguely resembling "grilled chicken." It arrived, beautifully plated, and… tasted like the best grilled chicken ever. I think I might be in love with Mexican food. Or at least, this chef.
- 8:00 PM: Attempt to watch a movie. Fell asleep five minutes in. Apparently, margaritas and sunshine are a potent combination.
Day 2: Culture Shock & Queso Dreams
- 8:00 AM (ish): Wake up to the sound of… well, something. Church bells? Street vendors? My own internal alarm screaming, "Get up and seize the day!"
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast at the hotel. The buffet? A glorious explosion of colors and smells. Tried a little bit of everything. The chilaquiles? Oh. My. God. I think I may have gained five pounds in a single sitting. Don't regret a single bite.
- 10:00 AM: A very ambitious walk. The plan? Explore the city! The reality? I got lost within five minutes, and was promptly saved by a friendly elderly woman who didn't speak a word of english. She pointed and gestured, and somehow, I understood. Turns out, I was headed in the wrong direction entirely. Lesson learned: Always trust the abuela.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch at a local place. This place was amazing! Found a little restaurant a few blocks away from the hotel. I have no idea what I ate. But it was the best thing I have eaten in a long time. Washed it all down with their version of horchata. I did not speak no understand, but I just pointed and hoped for the best.
- 2:00 PM: Back to the pool. Can't get enough.
- 4:00 PM (anxiety attack time?): Attempted to visit a museum. Got overwhelmed by the art and the lack of air conditioning. Left after 20 minutes, feeling slightly guilty and mostly confused.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner. This time I ordered a 'Tacos.' All of them. Absolutely no regrets.
- 8:00 PM: Attempted to learn some Spanish phrases. "Hola," "Gracias," and "Más tequila, por favor." Starting to feel like a real local.
Day 3: (The Great Queso Debacle & Departure - Oh My!)
- 9:00 AM: Farewell breakfast. More chilaquiles. Because, priorities. Taking pictures of the food, because, why not?
- 10:00 AM: Checked-out. Goodbye pool.
- 11:00 AM - Airport:
- Attempted to buy souvenirs. I now own a sombrero, a brightly colored blanket, and a tiny chihuahua figurine. (I have no idea how the chihuahua found it's way into my bag).
- Said a final "Adios" to La Siesta and Gomez Palacio.
- On my way to the airport, got stuck in traffic. So, I just ordered a beer and watched the world go by.
- 1:00 PM: Back home.
- 2:00 PM: Back to life? (more like, reality)
The Emotional Rollercoaster:
- Excitement: Oh, the sheer thrill of being somewhere completely new! Every corner turned, every street walked, was an adventure.
- Panic: Lost in translation? Check. Accidentally ordering something I didn't recognize? Check. The constant fear of doing something culturally offensive? Double check.
- Joy: That perfect margarita by the pool. Those exploding flavors. Those smiles from the new people I encountered.
- Exasperation: The language barrier! Trying to navigate a city with zero Spanish skills. The sheer impossibility of not getting horribly lost.
- Love: For the food. For the culture. For the sheer chaos and beauty of it all.
Final Thoughts (aka, the Ramble):
This trip wasn't perfect. Far from it. There were moments of frustration, anxiety, and sheer bewilderment. But there were also moments of pure, unadulterated joy. I got lost. I ate things I couldn't pronounce. I made a fool of myself repeatedly. And you know what? It was glorious. I wouldn't trade the experience for a perfectly planned, flawlessly executed "trip" any day.
So, if you're heading to Capital O La Siesta in Gomez Palacio, my advice? Embrace the mess. Let yourself get lost. Eat all the tacos. And for the love of all that is holy, learn at least some Spanish. You won't regret it. Now I go now go back home. And dream of chilaquiles.
Escape to Paradise: Uncover the Secrets of Yumesansou Nikko
Escape to Paradise: Capital O Hotel La Siesta's Gomez Palacio Getaway... Or Was It? (A Totally Unfiltered FAQ)
Okay, first things first: Is this "Paradise" thing a bit of an overpromise? Like, were there actual, you know, palm trees and singing angels involved?
Alright, let's rip off the band-aid. Paradise? Nah, not exactly. Think… Gomez Palacio reality. There were no angels, unless you count the incredibly harried cleaning lady who looked like she hadn't slept in a week. And palm trees? Well, maybe a sad, slightly-too-brown one struggling for dear life in a pot near the pool. The pool! Ah, we'll get to the pool… later. It was like a beige rectangle. But listen, don't judge me yet. It *felt* like an escape, even if it wasn't the Disney version of paradise. Just... manage your expectations! I went with the hope for something great, and it was… something. More on that as we go… Trust me, It's a story, and a good one!
So, about the "Capital O" part... Was it, like, fancy? Did they give you a butler?
Capital O… let's just say “Capital Ordinary,” shall we? No butler. The biggest 'O' I saw was probably the one on the incredibly dated television in my room. It's not the Ritz, folks. Think more… charmingly retro, with a healthy dose of "that's seen better days." You could almost *feel* the history seeping from the walls. I'm convinced my room had hosted at least three generations of tequila-fueled mariachi bands. (Okay, that might be an exaggeration, but the floral wallpaper screamed '80s!)
And, well, here's a story: I tried to use the phone in the room. The hotel phone. For… reasons. I was thinking of calling reception. But when I tried to make a call, I looked in the phone book. There were no phone numbers. Just a list of… I don't even remember, all in Spanish. Like, completely. It was weird and funny, and it set the tone for the whole trip. I gave up on the phone. On the concierge, I guess.
The Pool. You mentioned the pool. Spill the tea. Was it swimmable paradise, or… ?
Ah, yes, the pool. The beige, rectangular… *water feature*. Look, I'm not going to lie. It wasn't exactly the azure oasis I'd envisioned. The tiles were a bit cracked. There was a… mysterious film on the surface (I chose to believe it was sunscreen residue). And the water was, let's say, *thermally adjusted* by the sun. Meaning it was either lukewarm or freezing, depending on the time of day. But you know what? I swam in it. I splashed. I even managed to briefly forget all my adult responsibilities. It was kind of freeing, really.
A moment of pure, unadulterated joy that I remember. I saw a tiny, brightly-colored frog, and it sat perfectly still on the pool's edge. Just… watching. And I was like, "Yeah, alright, frog. I get you." It sounds ridiculous, I know, but that little frog *made* the pool experience for me! It was a reminder that even in the most… *ordinary* of settings, there’s always something beautiful to find. And that moment, it *was* beautiful.
Food! Tell me about the food. Was it authentic? Did you get food poisoning? (Always a valid concern!)
Okay, the food. This is where things got… interesting. Authentic? Oh, absolutely! They had tacos. They had enchiladas. They had… *everything*. The breakfast buffet was a glorious, messy spread. You have to try the huevos rancheros. Oh good lord, the huevos rancheros. I ate so many… Well, let's just say I wasn't counting calories. I'd regret that later, maybe. The coffee was strong enough to stop a small truck, which was perfect for dealing with the… let's be honest, slightly chaotic, energy of the place.
Food poisoning? Thankfully, no! Although, there was a brief moment of minor stomach disquiet after I attempted to eat something that was suspiciously green and suspiciously sitting out on the counter. I chose to believe my gut was merely reacting to the local spices, and not to some rogue bacterium. I survived. I think that's what counts. Oh, but the hot sauces! Beware the hot sauces… they are serious business. I learned that the hard way, with a tear-stained face and a burning tongue.
Would you go back?
That's the million-dollar question, isn't it? Honestly? Maybe. Look, the Hotel La Siesta wasn't perfect. It wasn't even particularly *smooth*. But it had… character. It had charm. It was an experience. And sometimes, that's all you need. More importantly, it wasn't just a hotel. It was a place that let you just… *be*. To enjoy yourself. To just feel it. And in this modern world, honestly, that's pretty close to paradise. Maybe. I'm still on the fence. But hey, I have a story. And that's something, right?
Final thoughts? Any hidden gems or insider tips?
Okay, insider tips: 1) Bring your own pillow. Seriously. 2) Embrace low expectations. It's more fun that way. 3) Learn a few basic Spanish phrases. The staff were incredibly friendly, but my Spanish is… *terrible*. Pointing and gesturing worked, but it's not exactly classy. 4) Don't expect wifi nirvana. It's… patchy. And lastly 5) Remember that little frog. He's the spirit animal of the whole operation.
Final thought? If you're looking for a polished, predictable, Instagram-perfect vacation, then maybe this isn't for you. But if you're open to adventure, to a little bit of chaos, and the chance to find beauty in the unexpected? Well then, maybe… just maybe… you'll find your own little slice of paradise at the Capital O Hotel La Siesta. Or at least, a really good story to tell. And after everything, that's what truly matters.

