Escape to Paradise: Unforgettable Nguni Lodge Experience in Victoria Falls

Nguni Lodge Victoria Falls Zimbabwe

Nguni Lodge Victoria Falls Zimbabwe

Escape to Paradise: Unforgettable Nguni Lodge Experience in Victoria Falls

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because escaping to “Paradise” at the Nguni Lodge in Victoria Falls is… well, it's a trip. And I'm not just talking about the actual travel, though the airport transfer was swish (thank you, nice man with the air-conditioned car!). This review? It's gonna be as gloriously messy, honest, and opinionated as my suitcase after a week of adventuring. Let's dive in, shall we?

First Impressions & Initial Panic (Totally Normal, Right?)

Okay, so getting there? Smooth. The airport transfer? Chef's kiss. But the moment I saw the lodge? Pure, unadulterated, slightly-panicked excitement. This wasn’t some cookie-cutter hotel. This was… lush. Think sprawling lawns, trees dripping with… well, I'm not a botanist, but they were impressive! And the scent! Like, the air itself was on vacation.

Accessibility – Not Just a Buzzword, Actually Thoughtful:

Now, I'm not in a wheelchair, but I'm always looking for accessibility. And Nguni Lodge? They've done well. Elevators are a thing, ramps are thoughtfully placed, and the common areas felt spacious and easy to navigate. This isn't just a tick-box exercise; they genuinely cared. Bravo!

The Room – My Sanctuary (With Some Quirks)

My room… oh, my room. Let’s start with the good: Air conditioning? Glorious. Free Wi-Fi? Bless you, Nguni gods! Blackout curtains? Saved me from the early-morning sun. The extra-long bed was a dream. And that… that view from the window? Pure magic.

Now for the quirks. The "complimentary tea" situation consisted of three sad little tea bags. And the "scale" in the bathroom? Absolutely terrifying, mostly because I used it after indulging in the buffet breakfast. Also, side note: Never forget a travel adaptor. Not all sockets are created equal. Learned that the hard way.

The Toiletries Saga (A Minor Drama)

The toiletries were… well, let’s just say they were there. They weren't exactly artisanal, but they smelled pleasant and got the job done. However, I did find myself hoarding the extra bottles of shampoo – a habit I’m not particularly proud of. Don't judge me, travel-sized shampoo is a precious commodity, okay?

Rooms: Comfort and Essentials This hotel offers a great deal with additional amenities such as air conditioning, alarm clock, bathrobes, bathroom phone, bathtub, blackout curtains, carpeting, closet, coffee/tea maker, complimentary tea, daily housekeeping, desk, extra long bed, free bottled water, hair dryer, high floor, in-room safe box, interconnecting room(s) available, internet access – LAN, internet access – wireless, ironing facilities, laptop workspace, linens, mini bar, mirror, non-smoking, on-demand movies, private bathroom, reading light, refrigerator, safety/security feature, satellite/cable channels, scale, seating area, separate shower/bathtub, shower, slippers, smoke detector, socket near the bed, sofa, soundproofing, telephone, toiletries, towels, umbrella, visual alarm, wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], and window that opens.

The Food – A Glorious, Guilt-Inducing Feast (And a Missed Opportunity…)

Okay, the food situation at Nguni Lodge is… complicated. The buffet breakfast? Amazing. Seriously. Everything. Fresh fruit, pastries, eggs cooked every which way, and a whole section dedicated to… well, let's just say things you'd definitely regret eating at 3 AM. (But I didn't regret it, not even a little bit). The breakfast takeaway service was a lifesaver for early excursions.

Lunch and dinner options were a little more… uneven. The a la carte restaurant offered some delicious international cuisine, but sometimes, it felt like they were trying a little too hard. And I'll be honest, the "salad" I ordered one day tasted suspiciously like lettuce and regret. But the Asian cuisine in restaurant? Yes, please!

Restaurant Rant #1: Lost in Translation (or, My Soup Odyssey)

One evening, I tried to order soup. Simple, right? Apparently not. After a series of increasingly bewildered expressions and attempted hand gestures (mostly me), I ended up with… something that resembled soup, but arguably wasn’t. It was an adventure, though. A culinary adventure.

Restaurant Rant #2: The Vegetarian Verdict

The vegetarian options were… there. Sort of. They weren't bad, but they also weren't particularly exciting. My veggie friends, pack your flavor expectations.

Drinking & Lounging – Poolside Bliss (Plus the Occasional Mosquito)

The poolside bar? Perfection. Sipping a cocktail, watching the sun dip below the horizon? Pure bliss. And they have a "happy hour"! However, the only downside? The mosquitoes. Bring repellent. Seriously. You'll thank me later.

Things to Do (And Ways to Relax) – Spa Day, Anyone?

Okay, the "things to do" section is a big one! Nguni has practically everything. Fitness center (didn't use it, but it looked impressive), a sauna (ditto), steamroom (ditto again – too busy eating!), a pool with a view (absolutely gorgeous), and a spa! THAT, I did use.

My One True Love – The Spa! (And a Confession)

Let me tell you about the spa. I spent an entire afternoon there. A body scrub? Check. A body wrap? Check. A massage? Double check. The ambiance was pure zen, the masseuse was a goddess, and I emerged feeling like a new human. Seriously. It was amazing. I may have, or may not have, fallen asleep during the massage. Don’t judge me. It was that relaxing.

About the Kids - Not the Biggest Fan As a single traveler, I did not have the pleasure of using the babysitting services, but I noticed that the hotel had kids facilities and was family/child friendly.

Cleanliness & Safety – Peace of Mind (Especially Now)

Listen, in these times, cleanliness is paramount. Nguni Lodge gets a solid A+ in this department. Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Daily disinfection in common areas? Check. Sanitized kitchen and tableware items? Check. The staff were vigilant. I felt safe, and that alone is worth its weight in gold. I give a 10 out of 10 for the attention to detail here.

The Little Things (That Made a Big Difference):

  • Free Wi-Fi in All Rooms! (You can't take off on a trip without some work, and I love an Internet connection)
  • The staff – genuinely friendly and helpful. From the doorman to the concierge, everyone went above and beyond.
  • The gardens – absolutely stunning. Perfect for a sunset stroll (again, with the mosquito repellent!).

Services & Conveniences – Everything You Could Want (and Some You Didn't Know You Needed):

Currency exchange? Check. Concierge? Check. Laundry service? Check. Dry cleaning? Check. Luggage storage? Check. A gift shop? Check. Cash withdrawal? Check. You name it, they've thought of it. The on-site event hosting was also a great bonus. And for the business travelers, there are meetings and seminars.

Security The hotel has CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, exterior corridor, fire extinguisher, front desk [24-hour], non-smoking rooms, safety/security feature, security [24-hour], smoke alarms, soundproof rooms, and safety deposit boxes.

The "Couple's Room" (And My Lone-Wolf Adventures)

Didn’t experience this, per the rules but noticed that the option exists. And the room decorations were lovely.

Getting Around – Easy Peasy

Airport transfer? Nailed it. Taxi service available? Yep. Car park (free of charge)? You betcha. They've got all the bases covered.

The Verdict

Nguni Lodge? It's not perfect. There are a few quirks, a few missed opportunities. But the good stuff? The amazing stuff? It far outweighs the minor imperfections. The location is superb, the staff are wonderful, and the spa… well, let’s just say I’m already planning my return trip.

Would I recommend it? Absolutely. Especially if you're looking for a relaxing, luxurious, and slightly quirky escape to the breathtaking beauty of Victoria Falls. It's a place where you can truly unwind, forget your worries, and maybe, just maybe, find yourself hoarding extra shampoo.

My Final, Unsolicited Advice:

  • Bring mosquito repellent. Seriously.
  • Embrace the buffet breakfast.
  • Book a spa treatment. Now.
  • Be prepared for a slightly-but-lovably imperfect experience. It's part of the charm.

The Offer (Let's Get People Booking!)

Escape to Paradise: Unforgettable Nguni Lodge Experience – Victoria Falls Awaits!

Tired of the mundane? Year

Escape to Lavender Dreams: Tongren's Ancient City Awaits!

Book Now

Nguni Lodge Victoria Falls Zimbabwe

Nguni Lodge Victoria Falls Zimbabwe

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into my Nguni Lodge adventure. Prepare for a trip that's less "perfect itinerary" and more "holy moly, what did I just sign up for?"

Nguni Lodge, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe: Chaos, Charms and Cataracts (Oh My!)

Pre-Trip Ramblings (Because, you know, I'm already mentally checked out):

  • The Booking Disaster: First, let's just acknowledge the sheer panic that comes with booking anything remotely exciting. I spent a solid hour comparing lodge photos online. Half of them looked suspiciously photoshopped and the other half looked as if a gang of monkeys had raided a furniture store. Nguni Lodge photos landed in the middle. But hey, the location was supposed to be prime, so I pressed the "book now" button. Cue a week of obsessive email checking. Would the booking go through? Was I getting scammed? Did I REALLY need another safari hat? All valid questions, I assure you.

  • Expectations vs. Reality (The Battle Begins): Right, so I'd envisioned myself, all tanned and effortlessly chic, observing the Zambezi River. I planned on journaling daily, sipping gin and tonics, and generally being a nature whisperer. Spoiler alert: I’m more likely to be covered in bug spray, slightly sunburnt, and battling my inner monologue.

Day 1: Arrival - Hallelujah, We Made It! (And Now What?)

  • (Morning): The Great Air Travel Ordeal. Let's be honest, flying is a necessary evil. The sheer volume of stale air, crying babies, and the existential dread of turbulence is just chef's kiss. My flight was delayed. No biggie. Until the connection was missed. Then the luggage didn't make it. After 24 hours of travel, I finally drag myself to Nguni Lodge

  • (Afternoon): Nguni Lodge - Oasis or Overpromise? The taxi driver seemed to think the back road was the only way. My first impressions were of dust, more dust, and the relentless African sun. Eventually the lodge materialized. The reception was warm, the staff were genuine and friendly. The lodge itself? It's charming. Rustic, even. Think "safari chic" meets "slightly run-down, but in a good way." My room was lovely! It had character, like a quirky aunt who tells awesome stories but always forgets your birthday.

  • (Evening): Sunset Drinks & First Impressions of the Zambezi (Be Still, My Beating Heart!) The lodge's bar area. Pure bliss. The sunset colours reflected on the Zambezi, I had a cold drink in hand (finally!), and I was slowly starting to believe I wasn't going to break down and cry. A baboon decided to put on an appearance. It was hilariously clumsy. I found myself just staring, feeling ridiculously overwhelmed. I met some interesting people. A gruff, retired American pilot. An Aussie couple who'd clearly been doing this for years (and by that I mean they were wearing khaki pants). We chatted about our travels (mostly about the sheer exhaustion of it all).

  • (Night): Dinner Under the Stars & The Unexpected Soundtrack. Dinner was served outside, under a sky absolutely plastered with stars. Every bite was delicious, I had to admit I was already adjusting to the slow pace of life. The lodge had a resident choir of insects. My emotional reaction? A mix of awe and slight terror because the chorus was loud! The perfect soundtrack to contemplating my life choices.

Day 2: Victoria Falls – The Smoke That Thunders (And Drenches!)

  • (Morning): The Grand Tour - The Waterfall is REAL! I didn't think the waterfall was real. But it is real. After the day's exhausting plane, I walked the path and quickly became drenched. The sheer power of the falls is overwhelming. I was drenched from the spray, utterly soaked. My sunglasses fogged up. My camera lens was permanently smeared. And I LOVED every second of it. It was a sensory overload in the best possible way.

  • (Afternoon): Lunch, a Slight Panic, and a Lesson in Calm. Back at the lodge, eating lunch and sipping more drink. I tried to relax. Then I realized I'd left my phone on the table. Cue a mini-meltdown. My phone, my maps, my lifeline to the world! Gone! I had a mild panic attack. The staff came to the rescue, found it and I was calmed by the amazing kindness of strangers.

  • (Evening): Sunset Cruise – Hippos, Crocs, and Happy Hour (Oh My!) Back on the Zambezi for some relaxing. The water was so smooth and watching the sunset was one of the best things I've seen in my life. Saw some hippos. They looked grumpy. Seriously judging my life choices. Then, the most beautiful sunset. It didn't disappoint. And, of course, the happy hour gin and tonics.

Day 3: Adventures, Adventures, and More Adventures.

  • (Morning): The Canopy Tour - Highs, Lows, and a Near-Death Experience (Maybe? Possibly Exaggerating). I can't believe I did this. Pure thrill. The views were incredible! And, yes, I screamed. A lot. (Don't worry, the guides assured me it was normal.)

  • (Afternoon): Craft Market and Local Interactions – A Lesson in Bargaining (and Humility). The craft market. Colour. Noise. More colour. I went with the intention of buying one souvenir. I ended up with a basket of curios. Bargaining is an art form. I'm clearly a novice. I was laughed at, but I didn't mind. The shop owners were some of the funniest people.

  • (Evening): Farewell Dinner - Some Reflection The lodge served a final, gorgeous dinner. As I sat there, listening to the now-familiar chorus of crickets, I realized I was actually leaving different. It had been chaotic, frustrating, even a little scary at times. But it was also beautiful, humbling, and utterly unforgettable. This trip was the best kind of mess.

Day 4: Departure – Back to Reality (And Planning My Return)

  • (Morning): Goodbye, Nguni Lodge! Packed my (now slightly better organized) bag. Said goodbye to the wonderfully kind staff. Got the inevitable feeling of sadness on leaving. Already planning my return.

  • (Afternoon): The Long Journey Home - (And the Promise to Return). More planes. More delays (sigh). But it didn't matter. Because I knew the chaos and charm of Nguni Lodge would always be waiting.

So there you have it. My Nguni experience. A messy, imperfect, and utterly wonderful adventure. Would I do it again? Absolutely. Just maybe with a better travel plan.

Unbelievable Ibbani Homestay Dorm: Chikmagalur's BEST Kept Secret!

Book Now

Nguni Lodge Victoria Falls Zimbabwe

Nguni Lodge Victoria Falls Zimbabwe

Escape to Paradise: Unforgettable Nguni Lodge Experience - Victoria Falls (Honestly)

Okay, so... Nguni Lodge. Is it REALLY "unforgettable"? Or is that just marketing fluff?

Alright, let's be real. "Unforgettable" is thrown around like confetti these days. But, yeah, for me… *deep sigh* …Nguni Lodge kinda **is**. But not in the perfectly curated Instagram influencer way. More like… the way you remember that time you face-planted in front of your crush. Mortifying, but yeah, you remember it.

The elephant encounters? Bloody amazing. The Victoria Falls views? Jaw-dropping, even if my jaw was mostly just dropping because I was terrified of heights. The staff? Lovely, even though I accidentally called one "Bruce" when his name was, like, Tendai. (Sorry, Tendai!) It's the whole messy package. It’s more than just a pretty picture; it’s a *feeling*. You'll leave with a story, guaranteed.

What's the vibe like at Nguni Lodge? Is it all champagne and whispered secrets or are people actually, you know, *relaxing* ?

Okay, picture this: You're sitting on your porch, G&T in hand (highly recommended, by the way), sun setting in a blaze of glory. You *should* be whispering romantic nothings. Instead, you're probably swatting away a rogue mosquito while simultaneously trying to stop your travel companion from loudly reminiscing about that time they got food poisoning in Bangkok.

So, yeah, it's *mostly* relaxing. But it's the good kind of relaxing. Not the pretentious, "I'm too cool to be seen enjoying myself" kind. It's more, "Wow, this is beautiful, I should probably eat another samosa." The other guests? A mixed bag, like any good holiday. Some are posh. Some are loud. Some are just trying to survive the heat. All good.

Tell me about the elephant encounters everyone raves about! Were they… *magical*? (Don't lie!)

Okay, fine. Fine. The elephant encounter. Yes. Magical. But again, not in the Disney princess sing-to-the-birds way. More "holy crap, an African elephant is *right there* and it’s HUGE" kind of magical.

I’ll be honest, I was a bit nervous at first. I’m used to, like, dogs. Not giant, potentially grumpy elephants! But the guides were brilliant. They explained everything, made sure we felt safe, and actually gave us a chance to get genuinely close. We fed one an apple. Fed! An! Apple! And it felt like… pure, unadulterated joy. Even the slightly panicked "don't drop the apple!" moments were part of it.

The only downside? My camera battery died halfway through. Typical! So, you'll have to take my word for it. And maybe bring a spare.

The Victoria Falls! Is it really as impressive as they say, or is it just… wet?

Wet? Oh, it's *wet*. So wet you'll feel like you’ve been dunked in a giant washing machine. Forget the rain gear; you'll need a scuba suit. Okay, maybe not a scuba suit, but seriously, it's insane.

But the sheer scale of it… the noise, the power, the spray that reaches you a mile away… it’s legitimately breathtaking. I mean, I've seen waterfalls. Niagara, even. But this is different. This is *raw*. It's the kind of thing that makes you feel profoundly insignificant, and also, strangely, alive. It's a good cry waiting to happen, even for a cynical old soul like me.

How's the food at Nguni Lodge? I'm a picky eater, you see... (and I'm lying)

Look, I’m not going to lie. When I travel, the food is *crucial*. And the food at Nguni Lodge? Bloody fantastic. And I'm a HARD critic, seriously. Every meal was a delicious adventure. Fresh, flavorful, and they even catered to my weird habit of wanting everything well-done (I know, I know... don't judge!).

The breakfasts were legendary. Think fresh fruit, eggs cooked to perfection, and more coffee than a person should probably consume. Dinner? Game meats, local specialties, all prepared with skill and obvious love. There's also that special African touch to everything, like the way they use the fire for cooking. Definitely don't skip the impala – it was incredible. Don't tell anyone, but I might have snuck an extra plate back to my room… for later.

What about the staff? Friendly? Helpful? Or just, you know, people who want to go home?

The staff at Nguni Lodge were the real stars of the show. They were genuinely, genuinely wonderful. Always smiling, always helpful, always going the extra mile. They felt like family. Yeah, they want to go home, sure, it’s their job! But they clearly LOVE what they do.

I was a bit ill one day. Not a serious thing, but enough to make me want to curl up in a ball. And the staff? They practically doted on me. Bringing me tea, checking on me constantly, and even finding a local remedy that worked wonders. Their kindness was, frankly, overwhelming. It wasn’t just good service; it was genuine care. Honestly, I'd go back just to hug them all again. (Don't tell them I said that, I'll get all soppy.)

Is there anything *bad* about Nguni Lodge? Because let’s be realistic…no place is perfect.

Okay, okay, let's get real. Nothing is perfect, and Nguni Lodge, bless its heart, has a couple of quirks. The Wi-Fi, for example, is… well, it's there. Sometimes. Think of it as a digital detox, forced on you by the gods of slow internet. Embrace it. Read a book. Talk to a real human. Maybe even make eye contact with a monkey (they're cheeky!).

And, depending on the season, the mosquitos can be… enthusiastic. Bring repellent. Seriously. And perhaps earplugs if your roommate snores like a chainsaw. You know… the usual travel gripes.

But honestly? These are minor, *minor* niggles in the grand scheme of things. The positives far outweigh the negatives. The elephant encounters and the Falls views and the kindness of the staff... that's what you'll remember. The slow Wi-Fi? Less so.

Would you go back to Nguni Lodge? Would you recommend it? Be honest!

<Nomadic Stays

Nguni Lodge Victoria Falls Zimbabwe

Nguni Lodge Victoria Falls Zimbabwe

Nguni Lodge Victoria Falls Zimbabwe

Nguni Lodge Victoria Falls Zimbabwe