Penang Paradise Found: Your Citadines Prai Escape Awaits!
Penang Paradise Found: My Citadines Prai Escape (Finally!) - A Messy, Honest Review
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to unleash a review of the Citadines Prai in Penang that's less polished travel brochure and more… well, me. I'm talking chaotic, opinionated, and maybe a little bit obsessive. You've been warned.
Accessibility: The Good, The Okay, and the "Huh?” Moments
Let’s be real, accessibility is crucial. And Citadines Prai? They're trying. The elevator is a godsend, especially after lugging your suitcase through a humid Penang day. Facilities for disabled guests are listed, which is a great sign. BUT, you'll need to double-check specific room details. Call ahead. Seriously. Don't assume.
Wheelchair accessible is something I'm unfortunately not able to personally test, but it's listed. Again, call and specifically ask about room layouts, bathroom access, and the general flow of the entire hotel, as well as the ramps.
Internet Access: Wi-Fi Wonderland (Mostly)
Okay, so Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! – that's a win. And a fast win. I’m not sure what kind of sorcery they’re using, but my streaming kept going without a hitch! Then, you've got the Wi-Fi in public areas which is also generally good, but a bit spotty near the pool. I mean, sometimes you just need to post that perfect poolside selfie, right? But other times, it's like the internet is taking a nap. You'll survive. There's the Internet [LAN] option too, for those who like to keep it old-school.
Cleanliness and Safety: A Sigh of Relief (and a Few Questions)
This part is important, folks. Post-pandemic, we're all on high alert. And Citadines gets it. Loads of stuff is happening here: Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Daily disinfection in common areas? Check. Hand sanitizer everywhere? Check. Rooms sanitized between stays? Yes, supposedly. They also have Staff trained in safety protocol. That's all comforting stuff.
However, I couldn't help but notice a few… discrepancies. While they said they have rooms sanitized between stays, what does that REALLY mean? Is it a quick wipe-down, or a full-blown CSI investigation? I’d feel better if I saw some actual sanitizing happening. Perhaps a little less marketing fluff and more SHOW, people!
Room Sanitization Opt-Out Available: I like this flexibility. You can skip the cleaning and choose greener options if you're into it.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Culinary Adventure (with Caveats)
Alright, the fun part. Food! Let’s start with the good. The Asian breakfast was fantastic! I'm talking proper Nasi Lemak, fluffy roti, and STRONG, black coffee to jolt you awake. The Breakfast [buffet] is a decent mix, too.
There’s a Coffee/tea in restaurant, but unfortunately, on the first day, it was a bit… lukewarm. The coffee shop is great though.
Regarding restaurants: I only sampled the main one, and I have to say, the A la carte in restaurant and the Buffet in restaurant are decent, but nothing to write home about. The Asian cuisine in restaurant is a highlight. The International cuisine in restaurant is decent. They're trying to cater to all tastes. I wouldn't say it's a foodie destination.
Room service [24-hour]: is like having a magical genie at your fingertips, at any time. I’ve sampled a few late-night snacks, and, well, they hit the spot. And they have a Snack bar!
Dining Setup: I felt like the staff made an effort to keep tables spaced.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Paradise Found? (Almost)
Okay, the selling point! The pool: Swimming pool [outdoor] and Pool with view? YES. Gorgeous. Perfect for Instagramming, and absolutely necessary after a day of exploring. The water's cool and refreshing. The sunbeds are comfy, if you can snag one! The Fitness center? Pretty standard. The Gym/fitness is okay.
Now, about the Spa: the Massage was… okay. Nothing to write home about, but it beat my aching muscles into submission. They also have the Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna and the Steamroom – didn't try those, but they looked enticing.
Body scrub and Body wrap? Also available.
For the Kids: I don't have any kids, but they seem to be Family/child friendly with some Kids facilities and a Babysitting service.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter
They have the usual suspects: Air conditioning in public area, Concierge, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, and Laundry service. The Elevator is a lifesaver. The Cash withdrawal is convenient. There's a Convenience store.
One little shout-out: On-site event hosting is available if you're feeling fancy!
Getting Around: Easy Peasy
They have Car park [free of charge], which is a massive win in Penang. Airport transfer available, Taxi service, and Valet parking.
Available in All Rooms: The Nitty Gritty
Air conditioning is a MUST in Penang. Alarm clock, Bathrobes, and Bathtub. Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea. Free bottled water. Hair dryer. In-room safe box. Linens. Mini bar. Non-smoking. Private bathroom. Refrigerator. Shower. Slippers. Soundproofing. Telephone. Toiletries. Towels. Wake-up service. Wi-Fi [free].
The (Totally Subjective) Verdict
Citadines Prai is a solid choice. It's not the most luxurious place you'll ever stay, but it's comfortable, clean (mostly!), and well-situated. The location is excellent for exploring Penang. The pool area is a definite highlight.
Would I recommend it? Yes, with a few caveats. Call and clarify anything that’s important to you, and have realistic expectations. But overall, it's a good base camp for your Penang adventures.
The Anecdote That Will Make You Book (and Why I'm Obsessed with the Pool)
Okay, listen up. I spent one entire glorious afternoon by that pool. I'm talking hours. I read a trashy novel (perfect), sipped on something cold, and just… existed. The sun dappled through the palm trees, the gentle breeze played with my hair. It was pure, unadulterated bliss. That pool, folks, is the heart of this place. It’s a little slice of heaven, and the reason you should book NOW. The Offer – Because You Deserve a Penang Escape!
Penang Paradise Awaits! Book Your Citadines Prai Escape Today!
Tired of the daily grind? Craving authentic Malaysian flavors, sun-drenched relaxation, and a touch of adventure? Look no further than Citadines Prai, your gateway to the vibrant island of Penang!
Here's What Makes Your Citadines Prai Escape Unforgettable:
- Unwind in Comfort: Relax in well-appointed rooms with all the essentials, from free Wi-Fi to comfortable beds.
- Dive into Delight: Soak up the sun and swim in the stunning outdoor pool with views.
- Fuel Your Adventure: Indulge in delicious Asian breakfast and explore a variety of dining options.
- Explore with Ease: Enjoy convenient access to Penang's top attractions, restaurants, and cultural experiences.
- Stay Safe and Secure: Benefit from our commitment to cleanliness and safety protocols, ensuring a worry-free stay.
Special Offer!
Book your stay at Citadines Prai now and receive:
- 15% off your room rate!
- Complimentary breakfast for two!
- Free early check-in (subject to availability)!
Don't wait! This offer is valid for a limited time only.
Click here to book your Penang Paradise Escape and start planning your unforgettable getaway!
(Insert Booking Link Here)
P.S. Don't forget your sunscreen and your favourite trashy novel! You'll thank me later!
Escape to Paradise: Lavande Hotel, Kuqa's Hidden Gem!
Alright, strap yourselves in, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's meticulously planned travel itinerary. This is MY trip to Citadines Prai Penang, and it's gonna be less "Swiss watch precision" and more "slightly caffeinated squirrel chasing a peanut." Buckle up.
Day 1: Arrival (and the Great Luggage Debacle)
- 10:00 AM (ish) - Arrival at Penang International Airport: Okay, let's be real, "arrival" is generous. More like, "stumbling out of a sweaty, cramped plane like a dehydrated gazelle." The airport's not the flashiest, but hey, free water fountains! (Small joys, people, small joys.)
- 10:30 AM - The Luggage Labyrinth: I thought I’d packed light. Key word: thought. Apparently, my definition of "light" involves enough clothes to outfit a small army and a conspiracy theory about the lack of decent travel-sized toiletries. So, I stood there, watching that luggage carousel like a frantic hawk. Where is my suitcase?! Is it stuck in Dubai? Did it spontaneously combust from the sheer weight of my questionable fashion choices?! Cue the internal monologue that could rival a Shakespearean tragedy. Turns out, it was just…a bit delayed. Sigh of relief.
- 11:30 AM - Taxi to Citadines Prai Penang: The taxi ride was a beautiful chaos. Honking, scooters weaving like caffeinated cobras, and the glorious smells of, uh, everything wafting through the open window. Penang is a sensory overload, and I LOVE it. The driver, bless his heart, clearly thought I was a complete idiot tourist, which, honestly, was a fair assessment. He asked me about my flight and gave me a mini history lesson about the bridges.
- 12:00 PM - Check-in and Panic Buying: Citadines is lovely, a safe harbor after what seemed like an eternity in the airport and a whirlwind taxi ride. I wanted to just collapse but remembered that I needed a toothpaste, lotion, and some snacks so I rushed back outside to the nearby supermarket and bought everything I could get my hands on.
- 1:00 PM - Room Reconnaissance and Minor Existential Crisis: Okay, room is good. Clean, spacious, decent view. But wait… Where did my phone charger vanish to? Cue minor freakout. I will get over it though.
- 2:00 PM - Lunch at the Hotel Restaurant: They serve some nice food here, maybe I will try them. I didn't order though, it was just a quick look/peek on the food for now. It was good smelling food. I can't wait to try them tomorrow!
Day 2: Georgetown & Street Food Heaven (and My Stomach's Rebellion)
- 8:00 AM (Attempted): Woke up. I slept terribly last night. jetlag is a thing.
- 9:00 AM - Breakfast at the hotel: This is the moment I've been waiting for. I devoured way too much nasi lemak, the coconut rice swimming in spicy sambal and what I think was an egg. Heaven. Absolute, glorious heaven. (Now, I'm regretting all of it.)
- 10:00 AM - Georgetown Bound…Literally: First off, let me say, the public transportation here is an adventure in itself. Think rickety buses, enthusiastic drivers, and the vague feeling that you're on the verge of a major collision at any moment. But cheap! And fun… after the initial terror subsides.
- 10:30 AM - Georgetown Exploration: The old town is a visual feast. I wandered around, mouth agape, gawking at the colonial architecture, the street art murals, and the sheer, glorious bustle of the place. It's all so incredibly vibrant. (Okay, minor confession: I may have gotten a little lost. Okay, a lot lost. Google Maps saved my life. Again.)
- 12:00 PM - Street Food Apocalypse: Ah, street food. The crown jewel of Penang. I dove in headfirst, armed with an empty stomach and a reckless disregard for potential consequences. Char kway teow, curry mee, chendol…I tried it all. And it was divine. I mean seriously, I have never had anything so good. All of the sauces and the spices are just amazing.
- 1:00 PM - Belly Rumbles and Regret: The aforementioned consequences? They arrived. Swiftly and decisively. My stomach, which had been a happy participant in the culinary adventure, decided to stage a full-blown revolt. Cue the urgent search for the nearest bathroom. (I swear, I've never felt so connected to a public toilet in my life.) Pro tip: carry Imodium.
- 2:00 PM - "Rest" at a random cafe: After spending the better part of an hour near a public loo, I needed to sit down in a cafe and order a coffee, I did some people-watching, and planned the rest of the day.
- 3:00 PM - Georgetown Exploration(reprise) plus a little bit of shopping: I had to get back on track. Even with the stomach problems, I couldn't miss out on the rest of the sights.
- 5:00 PM - Bus Ride back to the hotel: The bus ride was a breeze.
- 6:00 PM - Dinner and Early Night: Decided that I would not be eating anything that will trigger my stomach. I had a simple meal with the hotel restaurant. Went to bed early.
Day 3: Back to the mainland
- 8:00 AM - Woke Up. Feeling much better!
- 9:00 AM - Breakfast at the hotel: This is the moment I've been waiting for. I devoured way too much nasi lemak, the coconut rice swimming in spicy sambal and what I think was an egg. Heaven. Absolute, glorious heaven. (Okay, I'm trying to control myself.)
- 10:00 AM - Pool Time: I heard they have a pool here. Time to get some vitamin D on my skin!
- 12:00 PM - Quick Snack and Check out: I had some snacks I bought two days ago. I can't believe I survived the trip.
- 1:00 PM - Taxi to Airport: Bye, Penang, you magnificent, messy, delicious beast. I'll be back.
- 2:00 PM - Flight home.
Final Thoughts (and lingering food regrets):
Penang, you magnificent, chaotic, utterly captivating place. My stomach may still be mildly traumatized, but my soul is humming with happiness. This was the most chaotic, impulsive, and wonderful trip. I wouldn't change a thing. Okay, maybe I’d dial down the street food consumption slightly, but other than that…perfection. And next time? I am totally bringing my own charger.
Unbelievable Cat Phu Hotel: Buon Ma Thuot's Hidden Gem!
Penang Paradise Found: Citadines Prai - Seriously, What's the Deal? (FAQ That's Actually Honest!)
Okay, spill the tea. Is Citadines Prai REALLY a paradise escape, or is that just some marketing fluff? I'm skeptical.
Alright, look, "paradise" is a bit of a stretch. Let’s be real. You're not finding floating villas and private beaches here. But... and this is a big but... for the price? And considering its Prai, which is, let's be honest, not exactly the heart of Penang's tourist bustle? Yeah, it's a pretty darn good escape. Think "comfortable, convenient, and mostly hassle-free," with a splash of "surprisingly pleasant." I went in expecting lukewarmness, and came out, well, not *raving*, but definitely content. Let's just say I was pleasantly surprised. My expectations were rock bottom, folks. ROCK BOTTOM! And honestly? It beat 'em. By miles. That's saying something.
What are the rooms like? I’m picky. Air con is a MUST. And clean sheets. Obviously.
Rooms? Okay, the air con? ROCK SOLID. Thank GOD. Malaysia heat is a beast. They haven’t skimped on the essentials, let me tell you. And CLEAN SHEETS! Yes, you get those. I'm a neat freak, so let me reassure you, the sheets passed the, 'can-you-snuggle-without-feeling-like-you're-in-a-public-bus-seat?' test. The room itself? It’s modern-ish, functional, not exactly bursting with personality. Think IKEA meets corporate hotel chic. But hey, it’s clean, it works, and the beds are decent. My only gripe? The lighting. A bit… clinical. Like being under a dentist's fluorescent lights. But, I'm nitpicking. Honestly.
Is the location convenient? I want easy access to food, transportation, and hopefully, not too much noise.
Location, location, location! That’s the *real* selling point. Prai might not be George Town, but it’s surprisingly well-connected. The hotel is right by the ferry terminal - super useful if you're hopping to George Town. There's a train station within walking distance. And a *massive* shopping mall right next door. Restaurants? They're everywhere, from street food to familiar fast food and a few fancy restaurants at the mall near-by. Noise? Surprisingly quiet. I actually slept. I, the light-sleeping, paranoid-of-every-noice-and-creak person. It’s not the most exciting area, admittedly. But it’s practical. You know? It just *works*. I'd actually choose it again out of practicality. I'm thinking of moving in.
What about the food? Is the hotel restaurant any good? (And are there options nearby?)
Okay, the hotel restaurant. Ugh, the hotel restaurant. It's…fine. Not the reason you'd pick this place. The breakfast buffet is your standard hotel fare - eggs, pastries, a few local options. It's edible. It will fill a hole. I wouldn't write home about it. But you've got *tons* of better options nearby. The mall has a food court that's a goldmine of delicious, cheap eats. Walk outside and you can find hawker stands, small coffee shops serving traditional food. I basically lived on Char Kway Teow and Nasi Lemak the whole time. My arteries are probably screaming, but my taste buds were in heaven. Also, *don't skip the durian*. Seriously. Embrace the stink. Life is too short for boring food.
Tell me about the pool! Is it any good? Because I am a big pool person.
The pool. Here's where things get… interesting. It’s not the biggest, it’s not the most glamorous, but hey, it’s a pool! And it's a welcome escape from the heat. It's a rooftop pool, so you get a decent view of the city. Now, here's a juicy little anecdote... the first day I went, I got there and thought… "Huh! A pool!" Then, I saw it. The tiny, tiny, small pool. I thought… "Oh." I thought, for a moment… "maybe I don't want to swim. Maybe I'll go back to my room." But I was hot. So I jumped in. And it was… actually… really nice! It wasn't crowded. It was clean. I floated there for like, an hour. People were chatting, sun bathing, and it was just so peaceful. The second day, a kid almost drop his phone in their, and it was a bit chaotic, but I had to laugh. I swear that phone would have been a goner!
What sort of activities are around the hotel? Is there anything to *do* in Prai itself?
Okay, this is where you need to adjust your expectations. Prai isn't exactly bursting with tourist attractions. It's more of a business and industrial area. But, the ferry to George Town is right there, so you can easily pop over for history, street art, and delicious food. Also, you have the shopping mall right next door. I spent way too much time in there. But hey, I needed a new travel adapter and some snacks! Beyond that, there are a couple of parks nearby, and you can certainly find local markets. But the real appeal of Prai, to be utterly honest, is its convenience as a base for exploring the island. It's a jump-off point, not a destination in itself. So, if you're looking for a frenetic vacation, this is probably not the area for you. Which, if you're like me, can actually be a good thing. I like a little quiet in my escape, you know?
How’s the service? Are the staff helpful?
The staff. Okay. The staff. They were.. polite. Yes, they were polite. I wouldn't say they were ridiculously over-the-top friendly, which is actually a plus, in my book. I hate that forced, American customer service smile. But, when I needed something, they were helpful. They answered my questions. They fixed a minor issue in my room (a flickering light – seriously, the lighting!). They spoke English perfectly well. Honestly, no complaints here. A solid, professional service. I just want to get in and out! Not everyone wants to make a ton of friends! Which, I think, is totally fair. And it was great to not be bothered!
Is there anything I should be aware of before booking? Like, any hidden fees or annoying things?
Hidden fees? Not that I noticed! The price you see is the price you (Book Hotels Now

