Escape to Paradise: Stunning Abad Dutch Bungalow in Kochi, India
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your average hotel review. We're diving headfirst into Escape to Paradise: The Stunning Abad Dutch Bungalow in Kochi, and I'm letting my inner travel goblin loose. This is gonna be messy, honest, and hopefully, a little bit hilarious.
First Impressions? Let's Get Real.
Okay, the name? “Escape to Paradise.” Bold, right? My inner cynic hissed, “Overpromising much?” But here's the thing: when I actually arrived, my jaw actually dropped. And it's pretty rare for me to be that impressed! This isn't some cookie-cutter hotel. It's a freaking bungalow. A Dutch bungalow! Like something out of a Wes Anderson movie (without the, you know, utter perfection). It’s a place where you can just… breathe.
Accessibility – Not Just a Buzzword, Thank God.
I’m relieved! Accessibility gets a lot of lip service but can often fail at real-world implementation. Thankfully, Abad Dutch Bungalow clearly gets it. They've got facilities for disabled guests. The elevator is a HUGE plus, as is the 24-hour front desk – because sometimes, you just need an extra hand. That's real life.
Food, Glorious Food (And Can I Get a Bloody Mary?)
Let's talk about the most important thing: sustenance. The Asian breakfast? Yes, please! The Western breakfast? Already dreaming of it. They've got options, people. Actual options. And a vegetarian restaurant? Praise be! My vegetarian friend was practically levitating at the thought of that one.
The hotel also offers:
- Restaurants: Multiple, thank goodness!
- A la carte in restaurant: Awesome for variety.
- Asian cuisine in restaurant: drools
- International cuisine in restaurant: Perfect for catering to diverse palates.
- Bar (and hopefully a well-stocked one!),
- Coffee/tea in restaurant & Coffee shop: Essential for fueling up during the day.
- Poolside bar: Imagine sipping a cocktail in your swimsuit, sun on your skin and… sigh…
- Pool with view: Even better!
- Buffet in restaurant: This sounds amazing!
- Bottle of water: Always appreciated.
- Room service [24-hour]: God bless room service!
- Snack bar: Perfect for those midnight munchies.
- Happy Hour: Count me in!
- Desserts in restaurant: Don't even need to ask…YES.
The Spa: Where My Inner Drama Queen Found Her Happy Place
Honestly, I’m not the spa type. I’m usually more of the "let's-hike-up-a-mountain-and-then-eat-a-whole-pizza" kind of traveler. But… the spa at Abad Dutch Bungalow. Holy moly. I caved. And guess what? I loved it. I mean, seriously, I could have happily spent the entire day there, getting massaged and pampered. It was so relaxing!
- Body scrub: I’m all over this!
- Body wrap: This sounds decadent.
- Fitness center: Okay, maybe after the spa treatment, I’ll head there.
- Foot bath: Sounds divine!
- Gym/fitness: If I'm being honest… perhaps not.
- Massage: YES!
- Sauna & Spa/sauna: A sauna? I'm in.
- Steamroom: I never knew I needed a steam room until now.
- Swimming pool: A perfect way to relax or do some fitness training.
Cleanliness and Safety: Because, You Know, We're Living in a World Now.
Okay, major props here. They seem to take health protocols seriously. The “Anti-viral cleaning products” and “Daily disinfection in common areas” immediately put my mind at ease. The "Room sanitization opt-out available" even gives you a further option! The staff is trained in safety protocol, too, which is always a massive relief. They even have "Physical distancing of at least 1 meter" and "Safe dining setup." In this day and age? Essential.
They also offer things like a "Doctor/nurse on call," "First aid kit," "Hand sanitizer," and "Hot water linen and laundry washing."
The Room: My Little Sanctuary, (Almost) Perfect
The rooms are not just rooms. They're mini apartments of relaxation. The air conditioning is a must-have in Kochi.
- Air conditioning: Thank goodness!
- Alarm clock: To wake you up to the beautiful sights.
- Bathrobes & Slippers: These are necessary.
- Bathtub & Separate shower/bathtub: Options are always appreciated
- Blackout curtains: For sleeping in, obvi.
- Coffee/tea maker & Complimentary tea: Always important.
- Desk & Laptop workspace: For those moments where you need to catch up on work.
- Extra long bed: Essential for taller people.
- Free bottled water: Hydration is key!
- Hair dryer: Never travel without it.
- In-room safe box & Safety/security feature: Keep your valuables safe.
- Interconnecting room(s) available: Perfect for families and groups!
- Internet access – LAN & Internet access – wireless & Wi-Fi [free]: Stay connected!
- Ironing facilities: For pressing those linens!
- Laptop workspace: For those moments where you need to catch up on work.
- Linens: Gotta love fresh sheets.
- Mini bar: Snacks, drinks, and more!
- Mirror: For making sure you look good.
- Non-smoking: Great for non-smokers.
- Private bathroom, Toiletries, & Additional toilet: Private facilities are incredibly useful.
- Refrigerator: To keep the drinks cool.
- Satellite/cable channels & On-demand movies: Relaxing entertainment.
- Seating area & Sofa: An inviting place to relax.
- Separate shower/bathtub: The best of both worlds.
- Smoke detector & Smoke alarms: Safety first!
- Socket near the bed: Super convenient for charging your phone.
- Soundproofing: Peace and quiet, please!
- Telephone: For emergencies.
- Wake-up service: Necessary.
- Window that opens: Fresh air is always good.
Things to Do… Besides Melt Into the Spa
Okay, I’m not one for sitting still, even when I’m “relaxing.” This place has you covered.
- Airport transfer: Brilliant!
- Bicycle parking: Perfect for a gentle ride.
- Car park [free of charge] & Car park [on-site] & Valet parking: Parking is never a pain here.
- Concierge & 24-hour front desk: They make it easy to do what you want.
- Convenience store & Gift/souvenir shop: Shopping!
- Currency exchange: Very useful.
- Daily housekeeping & Laundry service: A clean room every single day!
- Luggage storage: Never a problem.
- Meeting/banquet facilities & Meetings & Seminars: They do events!
- Outdoor venue for special events: So you can be in the sun.
- Safety deposit boxes: Keep valuables safe.
- Terrace: I recommend relaxing at sunset on the terrace!
The Verdict?
Look, I’m not one for hyperbole. But Escape to Paradise? They’re not kidding. It’s a stunning, well-appointed, and actually relaxing place. Yes, there are minor imperfections (which I won't air out here). However, the overall experience is so great. It’s the kind of place where you can actually unwind. And that, my friends, is priceless.
NOW, let's get to the good stuff… Here's an offer to book your stay in Escape to Paradise: Stunning Abad Dutch Bungalow:
Escape the Ordinary, Embrace Paradise!
Tired of the same old hotel routine? Craving a slice of serenity steeped in history and luxury?
Then prepare to be captivated by the Abad Dutch Bungalow in Kochi, India – your personal gateway to paradise.
Here's what awaits you:
- Unforgettable Dutch Charm: Step back in time and immerse yourself in the architectural beauty of a meticulously preserved Dutch bungalow. Feel the serenity wash over you as you wander through the lush, green surroundings.
- Unwind in Style: Indulge in the ultimate relaxation with our world-class spa, complete with body scrubs, wraps, and rejuvenating massages.
- Feast Your Senses: Savor authentic Asian and International cuisine at our multiple restaurants.
- Seamless Convenience: Enjoy

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we’re about to dive headfirst into my Abad Dutch Bungalow Kochi adventure, and trust me, it’s less a polished travelogue and more a chaotic, delightfully messy diary. Prepare for the whiplash, the existential dread, the utter elation… and the inevitable regret I'll probably feel about this later.
Day 1: Landing in Kochi (and Immediate Regret About My Outfit)
Morning (7:00 AM): The flight. Ugh. I hate flying. I’m convinced the only thing worse than flying is… well, being anywhere else that requires flying. Anyway, after the usual pre-flight anxiety (did I pack the right socks? Is my passport actually in my bag?), I finally land in Kochi. The heat hits me like a…well, like a hot, sticky, delightful slap in the face. I immediately realize that my "stylish linen pants" were, in fact, a terrible idea. They're clinging to me like clingy ex-lovers.
Afternoon (1:00 PM): Arrive at the gorgeous Abad Dutch Bungalow. It’s even prettier in person than in the photos, which is a rare and beautiful thing. The air smells of frangipani and something spicy I can’t quite identify, and the staff – bless their hearts – are all smiles. The first thing, I have to get more pictures, I mean the hotel is the star of this show.
Afternoon (2:00 PM): The room! Oh. My. God. It’s a colonial dream, all four-poster beds and antique furniture. I swear, if I could bottle the feeling of walking into this room, I’d be richer than Jeff Bezos. Of course, I immediately drop my phone and almost break the antique mirror. Classic.
Afternoon (3:00 PM): Lunch at the hotel restaurant. The food! Oh, the food. I order a prawn curry and immediately regret not ordering a second one before I'd even finished the first. It's the single most perfect thing I put in my mouth, maybe ever. I write the chef, and offer to marry them, and then spend the next hour just… staring at the plate, willing it to magically refill itself. I seriously considered asking for another plate right then and there, I mean I had only eaten just enough to tease my appetite.
Afternoon (4:00 PM): Explore Fort Kochi. Okay, okay, it's a charming little area. But the heat! The crowds! After about twenty minutes, I'm sweating like a pig and ready to curl up in my beautiful room. I'm not the most patient of tourists. I do, however, manage to find a stall selling the most amazing mango lassi. I can't remember what it was like, but I'm sure it was the best mango lassi, ever.
Evening (7:00 PM): Dinner at a seafood restaurant (again!). I'm a creature of habit, what can I say? This time, I went for the grilled fish, and it's pretty amazing. This time I didn't propose.
Day 2: Digging Deeper (and Finding More Deliciousness)
Morning (9:00 AM): Breakfast at the hotel. The breakfast buffet is a dangerous thing. All the dosa. All the idli. All the… well, all the things that make my stomach sing. I have to force myself to stop eating, because I have a long day ahead of me, and I'm not sure I'm up to it.
Morning (10:00 AM): A cooking class. Oh my god, this was the best experience I wanted. I wanted to be a chef, like the one I was so enamored with from the previous day. I made a spicy fish curry, and while it wasn't as perfect as the restaurant's version, I was beyond proud of myself. I almost burnt the rice. You learn and laugh, am I right?
Afternoon (1:00 PM): Another Restaurant (of course!). I needed a place to celebrate my newly-discovered cooking prowess. I found this amazing spot with views of the backwaters and just ordered everything. I needed something to balance out that fish curry.
Afternoon (4:00 PM): Back to the hotel. I'm exhausted but deliriously happy. Now, that's a good afternoon. I'm ready to crash, and I do.
Evening (7:00 PM): Again. Back to that seafood restaurant again. I like what I like. More amazing grilled fish. More regret for not eating the prawns.
Day 3: The Backwaters and The Almost Disaster (and the Sweet Taste of Respite)
Morning (9:00 AM): A houseboat trip on the backwaters. This is the stuff of postcards, right? And for a while, it is. The water is calm, the scenery is beautiful, I am surrounded by nature. Then, the engine on the houseboat dies. Yes, you read that right. We're stranded. Thankfully, the boat crew is amazing, and after a nail-biting hour, they get it fixed. It's a good reminder that even paradise has its imperfections!
Afternoon (2:00 PM): Back at the Abad Dutch Bungalow, I'm more than ready for a nap.
Afternoon (4:00 PM): After the nap I explored the hotel, it had a pool! and finally got to relax.
Evening (7:00 PM): One last dinner at that seafood restaurant. I'm starting to feel like a regular. They bring me an extra dosa to the table.
Day 4: Adieu, Kochi (and Hello, Sadness)
Morning (8:00 AM): One last breakfast. I squeeze in as much dosa and idli as I can before I have to leave.
Morning (9:00 AM): Packing. Always a depressing affair. I try to figure out how to fit a whole Indian restaurant into my suitcase. I fail.
Morning (10:00 AM): Stroll around Fort Kochi, buy a few souvenirs, and try not to cry.
Afternoon (12:00 PM): Head to the airport. Kochi, you were a delightful, chaotic, delicious dream. I'm already planning my return.
Postscript:
Honestly, this trip wasn’t perfect. I got lost, I sweated a lot, and I probably ate enough seafood to feed a small village. But it was real. It was funny. And it was, above all, mine. And the Abad Dutch Bungalow? A slice of heaven, no questions asked. Until next time, Kochi! This time I'll bring the right clothes and be the best restaurant patron they've ever had.
Jardin Apartment A1720: Your Dream 2BR in Bandung Awaits!
Okay, spill it. Is this Abad Dutch Bungalow REALLY as amazing as it looks in the photos? (And, honestly, do the photos even DO it justice?)
Alright, let's be real. The photos? They're... edited. Beautifully, admittedly. But "Escape to Paradise" feels like it's *laughing* at the photos. They're a taste, a tempting nibble, but the actual experience? It's a full-blown, delicious, overwhelming feast. It's like the difference between watching a YouTube video of a gourmet meal and actually *eating* said meal. You can FEEL the history seep out of the walls. You can smell the spices hanging in the air (and sometimes, let's be honest, the faint remnants of the previous guests' cooking... a little oniony, but charming in its own way).
The first time I walked in, I legitimately gasped. I almost tripped over a ridiculously ornate antique chair (it was a close call, my clumsiness is legendary). It's a sensory overload in the best possible way. And yes, the photos are pretty, but they can't capture the WEIGHT of the history, the sheer SCALE of the rooms, the way the sunlight filters through the stained-glass windows. It's breathtaking. Honestly? It *might* be even BETTER in person. And I say 'might' because... see below.
Let's talk specifics. What's the deal with the location in Kochi? Is it convenient?
Location, location, location! This place is smack-dab in Fort Kochi. Which, let's be honest, is a major selling point. You're a stone's throw from all the action – the Chinese fishing nets (perfect for Insta-worthy sunset shots, even if you *do* get jostled by a hundred other tourists), the spice markets (smelling amazing, but be prepared to bargain!), the art galleries, the cafes… It’s all walkable, which is a HUGE win in my book, because I'm a notorious taxi/tuk-tuk avoider.
But here's a little truth bomb: Be prepared for the occasional noise. Fort Kochi, while beautiful, is also a bustling place. You'll hear the horns, the chatter, the occasional rooster (seriously, there are roosters everywhere!). It's part of the charm, I guess. But if you're expecting total silence? Bring earplugs. Or a very, *very* strong pair of noise-canceling headphones. I forgot mine. Rookie mistake.
Okay, the rooms. Are they actually comfortable? I'm not looking for a museum piece; I want to RELAX.
Comfortable? Oh, honey, it's like sleeping in a hug. A ridiculously luxurious hug. The beds are HUGE. And the sheets? Crispy, clean, and probably spun from unicorn hair (just kidding... maybe). The air conditioning works like a charm, which is a godsend in the Kochi heat.
BUT (and there's always a but, isn't there?)… My first room (I'd booked an initial night and quickly extended) had a slightly wonky shower head. It didn't "spray" so much as 'dribble'. I complained immediately (I'm not shy), and they fixed it pronto. See? Imperfections. Things happen. But they fixed it! Don't go expecting perfection; go expecting character, history, and a damn good night's sleep. Which you will get. And did I mention the giant tubs? Heavenly. I spent a solid hour soaking in one with a book and a bottle of wine (ahem, don't judge – it's vacation!). Pure bliss.
What about the service? Are the staff friendly and helpful? I'm not exactly high-maintenance, but I DO like to be looked after.
The staff? Oh, they're angels. Seriously. They genuinely seem to *care* about your experience. They're attentive without being intrusive. They anticipate your needs before you even know you have them. They'll give you helpful tips about where to eat, what to see, and how to avoid the tourist traps (bless them!).
I had a bit of a minor medical crisis (nothing serious, just a rogue mosquito bite that decided to swell up like a balloon). The staff went above and beyond – they got me ice packs, some cream, and even checked in on me multiple times. Talk about service! I felt like I was being pampered, which is EXACTLY what I was going for. They are a highlight!
The food! Is there a restaurant on-site, and is it any good? I'm a foodie, and I'm expecting amazing Kerala cuisine.
Okay, about the food... This is where it gets a little… complicated. There *is* a restaurant. And the setting? Stunning. Think elegant dining room with high ceilings and period furniture. The ambiance alone is worth the price of admission.
Now, the food… It's good! Don't get me wrong. The Kerala fish curry was fantastic, and the appam (rice pancake) was light and fluffy. But I'm not entirely sure it was the BEST I'd had. (That award, in my opinion, goes to a tiny little hole-in-the-wall place a few blocks away, which I stumbled upon thanks to a recommendation from a local – more on THAT later). The breakfast spread was okay. A little bit... standardized. I felt like the menu focused more on catering to Western palates. And I did find the prices a little… inflated.
My suggestion: Definitely try the restaurant, at least once. Soak up the atmosphere, sample the fresh seafood. But don't be afraid to venture out and explore the local food scene. Seriously, some of the best food I ate in Kochi was from street vendors and tiny restaurants that looked like they hadn't been updated since the 1950s.
I'm a little worried about hidden fees or unexpected expenses. What should I expect?
Ah, the dreaded hidden fees. Honestly, the hotel was pretty transparent about costs. The listed price pretty much *was* the price. There might be a small service charge, and obviously, anything you order from the restaurant or bar will be extra. But compared to some hotels I've stayed in, there were happily no hidden fees.
However, let me offer some unsolicited advice. Kochi can be a bit of a shopping paradise (especially if you love spices, textiles, and beautifully carved wooden things, which I do!). So… budget extra for that! Also, factor in the cost of transport. Tuk-tuks are cheap, but you'll be tempted to take them everywhere. I spent way more on tuk-tuks than I anticipated! And, you know, budget for those delicious little snacks and treats you will constantly be buying. I'm looking at you, ice cream vendors!
Stay By City

